Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #256
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Kangaroo and T2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
Gosh I'm torn between the two. Given that I would be ordering directly from you guys I want to make sure I get the fit exactly right. The Ergo XL fits me perfectly Matteo; I have a 107cm chest and an 178cm height. Am I a 50 or 52 in the T-2 and Kangaroo?

Thanks.
Hi Moggi

you're a 52.
If you buy the kangaroo, send a mail to Vittoria to receive a thermal or a rain liner for free (jacket has attachment system); I'm sure you'll have it (Vittoria already knows you).

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #257
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Moggi

you're a 52.
If you buy the kangaroo, send a mail to Vittoria to receive a thermal or a rain liner for free (jacket has attachment system); I'm sure you'll have it (Vittoria already knows you).

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thanks Matteo

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #258
configurationspace
delooper

Oddometer: 7,589
Hi there Spidi people,

I ordered two jackets and a pair of pants from your website last week. Everything arrived today with little hassle. If I would advise you on anything, I'd ask you to consider *not* using UPS for shipments to Canada. They charge very large fees on delivery that perhaps Spidi is not aware of.

The main thing I want to ask is this. The two jackets fit me perfectly. The pants though are a problem. They're the right length but it appears that my bum is thicker than the average guy's bum. I'm thin and athletic, but I have a lot of muscle on my legs and bum (I play ice hockey). So the pants don't fit me. The pants are the VTM H2Out medium. Do you have a similar pant that is close to the same length, but that can contain my muscular bum? Or should I move up to the large?

Also, is there an easy way to return the pants that don't fit, in exchange for pants that do?
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #259
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace View Post
Hi there Spidi people,

I ordered two jackets and a pair of pants from your website last week. Everything arrived today with little hassle. If I would advise you on anything, I'd ask you to consider *not* using UPS for shipments to Canada. They charge very large fees on delivery that perhaps Spidi is not aware of.

The main thing I want to ask is this. The two jackets fit me perfectly. The pants though are a problem. They're the right length but it appears that my bum is thicker than the average guy's bum. I'm thin and athletic, but I have a lot of muscle on my legs and bum (I play ice hockey). So the pants don't fit me. The pants are the VTM H2Out medium. Do you have a similar pant that is close to the same length, but that can contain my muscular bum? Or should I move up to the large?

Also, is there an easy way to return the pants that don't fit, in exchange for pants that do?
On the subject of shipping. I asked Spidi to ship my suit to the US by DHL instead of UPS, usually this avoids the fees (customs etc). Sadly I didn't avoid them and it added $105 to the cost but they did as I asked so no complaints. I do agree that UPS are MORE inclined to come up with big fees than DHL especially to Canada.

My advice: ask for DHL when you order and hope for the best.

As for the large bum; I would move up a size and deal with the longer leg length so you are at least comfortable.

I played rugby; my issue for some reason was a large neck proportionate to my body. Always had a small bum though

What jackets did you get? Please leave feedback on them in the Equipment thread once you get to use them; helps us all make good choices.

Triumph Explorer
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #260
configurationspace
delooper

I got the "One Leather Jacket"

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/leathe...er-jacket.html

and the "Multitech armour"

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ech-armor.html

As I said, they arrived this afternoon. I've taken the "One Leather Jacket" out for a spin and it seems really nice. Fits great. For context, I already have a full leather riding suit but I've been looking for things that are a little more convenient. The full leather suit I have (BMW Atlantis) is amply protective. I've crashed in it at high speed with only a few bruises and a blister on my hand to show for it -- and the suit is still in great shape. So I'm mostly happy with the suit. But it's too hot in summer. And I rarely find I want to put those pants on. And it's soooo heavy.

So I wanted to get as cool as possible a textile outfit as I could find. The multitech did that for the top, and I was hoping these VTM pants would cover my bottom. We'll see about that. It's still quite cool here so the multitech armour will have to wait another month or so to get exercised. I'm spending a month in California later this summer. The multitech will be my commuting jacket for the trip.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #261
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace View Post
I got the "One Leather Jacket"

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/leathe...er-jacket.html

and the "Multitech armour"

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ech-armor.html

As I said, they arrived this afternoon. I've taken the "One Leather Jacket" out for a spin and it seems really nice. Fits great. For context, I already have a full leather riding suit but I've been looking for things that are a little more convenient. The full leather suit I have (BMW Atlantis) is amply protective. I've crashed in it at high speed with only a few bruises and a blister on my hand to show for it -- and the suit is still in great shape. So I'm mostly happy with the suit. But it's too hot in summer. And I rarely find I want to put those pants on. And it's soooo heavy.

So I wanted to get as cool as possible a textile outfit as I could find. The multitech did that for the top, and I was hoping these VTM pants would cover my bottom. We'll see about that. It's still quite cool here so the multitech armour will have to wait another month or so to get exercised. I'm spending a month in California later this summer. The multitech will be my commuting jacket for the trip.
Great choices.

If I wasn't looking for perf I would consider the One for sure. It's the lack of perf on the Kangaroo that is making me lean towards the T2 though I love the idea of using the Roo skin

I think the Multitech will be the perfect hot weather 'jacket'.

Looking forward to hearing about them.

Triumph Explorer
Old 04-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #262
Cru Jones
USUAL SUSPECT

Oddometer: 18
Question NL5 or Summer FIT Tex Pants for Commuting

Hi Spidi,

I have a ton of your gear and am looking for an overpant that I can commute with here in the summer months. In the US we get the NL5, which seems good, but I also saw that you sell the Summer FIT Tex pants that look to be good as well. I can't get those in the US, but can order them from overseas for a very good price. My question is, which would be good better for commuting to work with my jeans on underneath? Also, which size? For reference I wear a size 52 in your JP3 suit and have a 32" waist. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #263
keiji
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
I am looking to get the 365 Ergo Pro jacket, and I am 5'8" (172.72 cm) with a 38" chest (96.52cm) so it looks like I am pretty much in the middle of a "Medium" according to the size chart. Just want to confirm that it is correct in that it fits true to the size chart.

Also, how much additional room for layering would there be? I might be looking fit an electric vest under all the lining in the extreme cold.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #264
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

NL5 and Summerfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Hi Spidi,

I have a ton of your gear and am looking for an overpant that I can commute with here in the summer months. In the US we get the NL5, which seems good, but I also saw that you sell the Summer FIT Tex pants that look to be good as well. I can't get those in the US, but can order them from overseas for a very good price. My question is, which would be good better for commuting to work with my jeans on underneath? Also, which size? For reference I wear a size 52 in your JP3 suit and have a 32" waist. Thanks.
Hi Cru.

Summerfit is more simple-construction than NL5, featuring much less mesh compare to NL5.
Moreover , you got standard Hip and Knee protectors in NL5 (have to buy separately in Summerfit).
Regarding the fit, neither NL5 nor Summerfit are over pants; so, if you use them over your casual pants, take them one size more.
If you don't use them over casual pants, these are your size:
NL5 : L
Summerfit: 34

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #265
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

365 Ergo Pro jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
I am looking to get the 365 Ergo Pro jacket, and I am 5'8" (172.72 cm) with a 38" chest (96.52cm) so it looks like I am pretty much in the middle of a "Medium" according to the size chart. Just want to confirm that it is correct in that it fits true to the size chart.

Also, how much additional room for layering would there be? I might be looking fit an electric vest under all the lining in the extreme cold.

Hi Keiji

Yes size "M" will be good on you.
Regarding additional room, you should be comfortable with additional lining.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #266
configurationspace
delooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
Great choices.

If I wasn't looking for perf I would consider the One for sure. It's the lack of perf on the Kangaroo that is making me lean towards the T2 though I love the idea of using the Roo skin

I think the Multitech will be the perfect hot weather 'jacket'.

Looking forward to hearing about them.
Gah, I have to stop. Just ordered two pairs of carbo six gloves (short and long), also a pair of sport coupe gloves, the hurricane pants and a size-up of the VTM pants...

Okay, no more motorcycle gear spending for a while now!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #267
Cru Jones
USUAL SUSPECT

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Cru.

Summerfit is more simple-construction than NL5, featuring much less mesh compare to NL5.
Moreover , you got standard Hip and Knee protectors in NL5 (have to buy separately in Summerfit).
Regarding the fit, neither NL5 nor Summerfit are over pants; so, if you use them over your casual pants, take them one size more.
If you don't use them over casual pants, these are your size:
NL5 : L
Summerfit: 34

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thanks very much Matteo!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #268
barbos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Matteo, did your PM inbox fill up? You stopped responding mid-conversation a month ago.
barbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #269
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbos View Post
Matteo, did your PM inbox fill up? You stopped responding mid-conversation a month ago.
I apologize, I don't follow it so much.
I'm going to answer there right now

Visit us here.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #270
jkfrazier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
PM sent.
jkfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote