User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #511
juggaknot
n00b

Oddometer: 4
hello,

is my PM not going through or is my post not being seen? Is it because I have too little posts? lol

Not sure but I feel like i'm being ignored with my questions.
juggaknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #512
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Hi Juggaknot, how are you?
I was checking your order's status and couldn't find it; perhaps you didn't purchase those pants via our online store. Do you finally got it delivered to your place?

I'm afraid the size you bought will be a little too big for you, as the weist size is about 35 inches. For this reason we always have a size chart on our website to help customers finding the right size for their needs.

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...ts/rr-pro.html

Please let me know as soon as you receive your RR Pro Pants.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #513
juggaknot
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Juggaknot, how are you?
I was checking your order's status and couldn't find it; perhaps you didn't purchase those pants via our online store. Do you finally got it delivered to your place?

I'm afraid the size you bought will be a little too big for you, as the weist size is about 35 inches. For this reason we always have a size chart on our website to help customers finding the right size for their needs.

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...ts/rr-pro.html

Please let me know as soon as you receive your RR Pro Pants.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Hi Matteo,

It was ordered through another vendor. I have not yet received it however.

In looking at your website, the smallest size pants are in fact 46 (the size I ordered). Does Spidi not make those pants in smaller size such as 44 or 42 or are these sizes only special order? Is the RR Pro pants made for guys who are bigger than 5'7 and 160lbs?

thanks,
juggaknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #514
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Juggaknot,
of course we also produce pants in smaller sizes, like for exemps the HI-FIT , the world famous FURIOUS , SIX DAYS and many others.
About the RR Pro Pants you're right, the smaller size is the 46 but, for those who might need it, is available the On-Fit program to get your custom made motorcycle apparl directly to your place.

To get more information you can check this page: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/custom-motorcycle-suits/ or send an email to my collegue in SPIDI at:onfitprogram@spidi.com

Thanks for your attention

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #515
smonke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
XL Ergo 365 Pro Jacket

I have a new Ergo 365 Pro Jacket in sixe XL. I am questioning the fit.

I am 6' Tall and 180-185lbs. I have a narrow build (width across the shoulders) with 44" chest and 33" waist. I seem to fall in between sizes often.

My XL fits okay, but there is a lot of material bunched up in the back behind the shoulder and in the back around my waist. I have all of the adjustments cinched up and buttoned up almost to their limit.

I would like to know if the Large would be a better fit. I have seen the chart and XL is for me according to the measurements, but the real world fit is different.

Also, How much room will Warrior Evo back protector and Warrior chest pad take up? If these items where added XL may be my only choice.

I would say that with all liners in the shoulder and chest are good fit. All liners out is really too baggy.

How much smaller is the L in real world fit (not just the chest measurement and sleeve length).

Overall, I really like the jacket and hope I can find the best fit.

Do you have a coupon code for spidi gear for ADV members?

Thank you, for your help.

I am having trouble adjusting to the left hand pull zippers.
smonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #516
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Smonke
I was talking about your situation to our production dept and got this informations.

Given your 44in chest and 33in waist sizes, you can actually fit the two of them. Since you seem to be a pretty sporty guy, with a large chest and a slim waist it's pretty normal you have a good fitting on the shoulder and a little more roomy on the belly.
In the L size you should get a more slim fitting, but I'm afraid it could be too short, also on the sleeves.

If you wanna measure your XL size, keep in mind that the L size jacket will be:
-1in shorter (shoulder to bottom of the jacket)
-2,36in shorter on Chest circumference
-2,36in shorter on waist circumference
-0,6in shorter on sleeves.

Of course, wearing a EN1621-2 Lev 2 certified Warrior Back protector and a prEN1621-3 certified Warrior Chest protector will help a lot both for safety as well as for correctly fitting your XL.

Moreover, check a PM for the discount.

Visit us here.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #517
mr lajoie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Dear Bone13,

first of all my compliments for being such goo tester for Spidi jacket!
Our H2out membranes are guaranteed 10 years and no miles-limit (anyway more than 50.000) in standard conditions, meaning good maintenance and - above all- good washing. Washing must always respect instructions you find inside the jacket.
Anyway, in your case, after 9 years, we could evaluate the possibility to change it.
Do you know your jacket type? Is your jacket a step-in-clothing H2Out (meaning 3-layers)? In other words, is the membrane detachable?
If you don't remember jacket's name, please check jacket code as written on internal label (code will be letter "D" + 2 or 3 digits number).

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Greetings, my 4 years old jacket started leaking lately and i found out this thread by pure luck, had no idea the membrane does have such guarantee.
I tried to contact spidi through infoservice@spidi.com and service@spidi.com but after a week still no response. Did the email adress change?
Regards
mr lajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #518
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Mr. Lajole, how are you?
Can you please tell me which model your jacket is?
Please check the jacket code as written on internal label (code will be letter "D" + 2 or 3 digits number).

I'll inform my collegue about your situation. As soon as I'll be informed about your jacked name/code I'll give you more information on what to do.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #519
Jerry_R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Spidi for commuting, not slim person

I had no luck with conforming JEANS NET JACKET size (as a jacket for commuting).
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...et-jacket.html

L - I can not do up, top of jacket fits perfect
XL - I can do up, but shoulder protectors are very loose

Q1) I assume Jeans Net works for very slim men, right?

It is strange, as I also tried MULTITECH ARMOUR size M.
It was tight, but I could do up and it fitted not too bad, I would say.
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ech-armor.html

Size L maybe would fit overall better, but then - elbow protector is not kept perfectly next to skin...
So it is not in line with goal of such armour, which I consider to use instead of regular tex jacket.
(mostly because protectors would be more stable and tight)

Q2 Any commenst? I am 174cm and 98kg. Maybe SPIDI is just not my fit, not for my weight?

Q3) What is abbrasion resistance of Multitech Armour?
I consider it for commuting as well, without any other technical jacket on it.
Does it make sense for city, speed I would say max 80 kmh?

Q4) I also looked on DEFENDER ARMOUR for commuting.
My understanding is I would have to use external jacket for abbrasion resistance, right?
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...r-170-180.html

Q5) Knee K-NET protectors - again, what about abbrasion resistance?
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...ear/k-net.html

I was always told knee protectors should be used under trousers, but idea of K-NET is on top of trousers, right?
I like the idea, but again, what are recommendations?
For slower speed only? What about city and speed up to 80 kmh?

Thanks in advance for comments!

Best Regards,
Jerry
Jerry_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #520
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Jerry, here's what I suggest you:

Q1: I would definitely go for the XL. The most important thing is to be able to properly close the jacket; moreover, did you tried it with the back protector or not? The jacket can be upgraded with the EN1621-2 lev.1 certified Warrior Back Protector. Using the back protector always modify the fit of a jacket.

Q2: The jacket you're talking about has a very slim fit, but remember that in SPIDI is always posible to get your apparel custom made: check this page http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/custom-motorcycle-suits

Q3: Multitech Armor will work perfect for urban commuting, as you intend it. It features an highgly resistant mesh in most of it's surface, but on the chest and shoulders, where the most common impact area is, you find tenax fabric to increase passive safety.

Q4: Yeah, Defender Armor has been conceived like a perfect armor for sport use, and would be bettere to be fittend unders a jacket. It feature our top-of-the-line racing Biomechanic Protectors.

Q5: K-NET are also devoted to short, up to mid, range touring. It is idealin those situation where you need to be wearing casual pants at the end of the ride; like in the home-to-office way.
They feature our EN1621-1 certified Multitech protector, mounted on a high tenacity mesh, and it'll work perfect at speed of 80 Km/h, like in your situation.
But my suggestion is to use this protectors for commuting, and real motorcycle pants for touring, like our Hurricane pants which features also the H2Out waterproof, breathable and windbreaking membrane.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #521
Tedali
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Pissed Spidi Ergo 365 Pro Expedition Suit

Hello Matheo,

I am writing to you with my experience after I purchased my long awaited Ergo 365 Pro Expedition Suit. I selected the black color and I must say that I was surprised to see that it looks as good as in the pictures compared to other similar garments. Got the XL as you recommended and it was a perfect fit.
I tried it on me the first time when I went to the Touratech Travel Event here in Czechia a month ago. It was a cloudy day with intermittent rain with temperatures around 15-17C. I had the H2Out liner in all day just in case and I was very comfortable in it. No sweat or excessive heat feeling. In the evening on the way back home I got caught in a storm with rain pouring down non-stop. I rode as much as I could (about an hour) until I could not see anything because of the glare from incoming cars.
Never-the-less, the suit kept me dry. Not a drop of water inside and not even on the inner side of the first layer (jacket). Exactly as you promised in a previous response to my queries before I purchased it.
This week I returned from an enduro trip to Germany. Again one day was with temperatures around 15C so I did not put the H2Out liner in because I knew I would be working out a lot on the bike and very likely sweating a lot. We had rain from time to time but I kept all vents open. Again, no rain got in. The next day was chillier, between 7-10C and I was on the road back. So I put all three liners in including the thermal one. The weather was also rainy from time to time but I remained dry and warm all the way home. Great garment from this perspective.
However and here comes the big BUT. When I was cleaning my suit at home, I discovered that the Ergo trousers had a small puncture in it (3-5 mm wide) on the lower left leg. There are also other scratches near this one but these did not go through the textile to the inside. Could not figure out what has caused this. One part of the day we were driving through a narrow path in a forest though. So maybe some dry pointed tree branches that were sticking out in some places and scratched against my foot. In any case, shouldn't this expedition garment be resistant enough to such nature's "traps"?

Appreciate your views on this and what steps should I take now in order to have this fixed as soon as possible?

Thanks

Toufik
Tedali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #522
mr lajoie
Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Mr. Lajole, how are you?
Can you please tell me which model your jacket is?
Please check the jacket code as written on internal label (code will be letter "D" + 2 or 3 digits number).

I'll inform my collegue about your situation. As soon as I'll be informed about your jacked name/code I'll give you more information on what to do.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thank you for the fast response, the code is D48
Regards
Old 05-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #523
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Lajole and Tedali (many thanks for your review. Glad the Ergo fitted and satisfied you so well) .

All our products come with 2 years warrenty for the whole product. This means you can rely on your local dealer and ask them for your warrenty. Is the easiest and safer solutionf for you.
MrLajole, since you have problems with the H2Out membrane, please make this clarification to your dealer.

Let me know if I can help you more.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #524
mr lajoie
Adventurer

Quote:
MrLajole, since you have problems with the H2Out membrane, please make this clarification to your dealer.

Let me know if I can help you more.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Greetings,
I never heard about this 10 years guarantee on the membrane untill i readed your repply, and i'm affraid this won't be enough for my dealer.
Is there any official positionning on this matter, some words on the spidi official site or anything like that? A single link to something like that would be enough.
Thank you for the response.
Regards
Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #525
Jerry_R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Thanks Matteo for quick answer!
I didn't respond immediately, as I wanted to check few things during next visit in the shop.

Quote:
I would definitely go for the XL. The most important thing is to be able to properly close the jacket
Yo are right, after few more checks - XL is my size.
Earlier I made mistake, when I wrote I tried MULTITECH M. It was L, but XL fits me best.

Quote:
Q2: The jacket you're talking about has a very slim fit, but remember that in SPIDI is always posible to get your apparel custom made
Thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware of that.

Quote:
Q3: Multitech Armor will work perfect for urban commuting, as you intend it. It features an highgly resistant mesh in most of it's surface, but on the chest and shoulders, where the most common impact area is, you find tenax fabric to increase passive safety.
My only comments - I would defintely prefer MULTITECH to have:
a) two separate velcros on arms, allowing to keep elbow protector more tightly - like it is in many jackets.
b) larger shoulder protector, again - like in many jackets
I assume it is possible to replace back warrior protector with defender one.

Finally I found perfect product for my needs! The XL size can be adapted perfectly to my shape - NETRACE jacket!
What I like most is:
- so called ERGOFIT system (adjustable waist)
- light weight
- abbrasion resistance
- possibility to add chest protector
- possibility to insert Level 2 back protector
- air flow
- longer back of the jacket
- two velcros on arms, allowing to keep elbow protector as tight as needed (it was problematic with MULTITECH for me)
- larger size of shoulder protectors than in MULTITECH ARMOUR jacket
- having clip-stop (it exists in most SPIDI jackets probably anyway)
- pocket on left arm (I appreciate it a lot, makes life easier when entering garages, I just keep cards in it)

Thanks for advices!
Jerry
Jerry_R is offline   Reply With Quote