User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #106
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,427
Matteo,

I'm very interested in the carbo winter gloves, and i have a question: Does this glove have any insulation on the palm-side f the hand or fingers? I have small hands and any additional thickness here makes my hands hurt and is not needed since I have heated grips. What I want is a good-fitting glove that has a standard thickness palm and grip-side of the fingers with some insulation on the back of the hand and fingers.

Thanks!

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi guy (RDR?)
We're pleased you're going to enjoy your Carbosix.
As you surely know, riders like Colin Edwards or Marco Melandri use Carbosix gloves for several years now.
This model has been launched in 2005, and re-styled several times in order to get all the changes required by top riders around the world. Through the years some protection zones has been changed from Carbon to Carbon/Metal mix and some stitches has been reinforced.
We can now say it is the perfect racing glove in our collection; a prove of this is that one model fits now all our riders: Colin Edwards, Marco Melandri and Cal Crutchlow are just some of these Carbosix-lovers.

A reason of this has to be found in the incredible feeling associated to maximum protection: the hardest target in designing a top of the range protection-instrument is the magic combination of these 2 elements, finding the optimal balance between safety and comfort.

We used a lot of this experience to create our touring range, with our latest release Carbo Winter as a next benchmark in winter-touring market, have a look here.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #107
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Hi Flux,

you can try all new Spidi Motorsport Collection at Indy Dealer Show, next February.
Please come and visit us, you're welcome!

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Thanks Matteo! I am trying to make it!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #108
nimrod
Pog Mo Thoin

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Hi John,

Multitech Armour is ready for Thermo Liner or Rain Chest in the same size; so if you have Multitech Armour in XXL, take liners in XXL.
Let me know if you need suggestion about where to buy.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thanks Matteo. Yes I would like some suggestions as to where to buy.- John
"Betweem two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" -Mae West
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #109
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Thanks Matteo. Yes I would like some suggestions as to where to buy.- John
John,

which Country or City you'd like to find it?
Or you better buy from an online store?

Let me know

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #110
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Carbo Winter racing winter glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
Matteo,

I'm very interested in the carbo winter gloves, and i have a question: Does this glove have any insulation on the palm-side f the hand or fingers? I have small hands and any additional thickness here makes my hands hurt and is not needed since I have heated grips. What I want is a good-fitting glove that has a standard thickness palm and grip-side of the fingers with some insulation on the back of the hand and fingers.

Thanks!

Steve
Dear Alley,

Carbo Winter is the waterproof/breathable version of the Carbo 3 Racing glove, the latest released racing glove, used in 2012 from the majority of our MotoGP and World Superbike riders.
Being a racing glove, the cut and shape are not so "fat"; it is quite slim indeed. The Primaloft padding is on the back only, while the palm offer you a grip with is very similar to the summer racing gloves.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #111
nimrod
Pog Mo Thoin

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
John,

which Country or City you'd like to find it?
Or you better buy from an online store?

Let me know

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Austin or San Antonio, Texas, USA or an online store. I have located the jacket and rain liner but not the thermo. Thanks, John
"Betweem two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" -Mae West
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #112
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Austin or San Antonio, Texas, USA or an online store. I have located the jacket and rain liner but not the thermo. Thanks, John
John,

Motoliberty could help you in that case.
Otherwise, please refer to motorcycle-superstore knee draggers or revzilla online stores.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #113
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Spidi Raider Tex Jacket

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ts/raider.html

I finally decided to buy this jacket but I no longer see this product anywhere. Kneedraggers.com in the US had it in their store but its not that anymore. I wear a full armour pressure suit inside and I thought this jacket complements it very well for enduro/dual-sport riding.

Does anyone here know where I can still buy this ?

bayarearider screwed with this post 01-29-2012 at 11:47 AM
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #114
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ts/raider.html

I finally decided to buy this jacket but I no longer see this product anywhere. Kneedraggers.com in the US had it in their store but its not that anymore. I wear a full armour pressure suit inside and I thought this jacket complements it very well for enduro/dual-sport riding.

Does anyone here know where I can still buy this ?
Hi bayarearider.

Spidi Raider jacket is out of stock almost everywhere, du to high demand in the last season.
It also comes with H2Out waterproof removable membrane, the name is Raider H2Out and you can find it available also at this page: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...der-h2out.html

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #115
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Hi bayarearider.

Spidi Raider jacket is out of stock almost everywhere, du to high demand in the last season.
It also comes with H2Out waterproof removable membrane, the name is Raider H2Out and you can find it available also at this page: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...der-h2out.html

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Matteo,

Is there any chance if this Raider Jacket will be available again this year ?
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #116
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
Matteo,

Is there any chance if this Raider Jacket will be available again this year ?

It will be very difficult.
If any available in short time, I will let you know.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #117
MightyClown
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hello Matteo,

You have been very helpful in the forum answering questions on the different SPIDI products.

I wondered if you could help with a small question on your Tour S7 jacket. The material is described as having a Teflon coating. Will this prevent the outer jacket from "wetting out" and becoming fully wet and heavy in extensive rain ?

In an earlier post you explained that your top of the range Ergo 365 Pro jacket uses a waterproof outer fabric so it will not wet out (but might leak through zips and vents etc.

Do any of your other jackets use this type of material ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

mark.
MightyClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #118
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Waterproof shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyClown View Post
Hello Matteo,

You have been very helpful in the forum answering questions on the different SPIDI products.

I wondered if you could help with a small question on your Tour S7 jacket. The material is described as having a Teflon coating. Will this prevent the outer jacket from "wetting out" and becoming fully wet and heavy in extensive rain ?

In an earlier post you explained that your top of the range Ergo 365 Pro jacket uses a waterproof outer fabric so it will not wet out (but might leak through zips and vents etc.

Do any of your other jackets use this type of material ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

mark.
Mark,

TourS7 is one of Spidi most performing H2Out Suit, featuring a top-level H2Out waterproof and breathable membrane, developed from Spidi with japanese Toray.
Moreover, most of the H2Out range jacket have external waterproof fabrics, thus guaranteeing not only waterproofness, but fast-drying rides too.
TourS7 external fabric is waterproof/breathable 3-layers laminated polyammide (55%) and waterproof/breathable 2-layers laminated polyammide (45%).

The Teflon treatment gives you an upper level waterproofness, but the big part is made from the lamination, with is the waterproof layer "stuck" under the fabric.

Hope everything is much more clear now.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #119
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Hello, Mateo. I have Spidi pants (Hurricane), gloves (STR-1), and boots (Xpd XP-7 WRS), and I am generally pleased with these items. I also applaud Spidi's effort to introduce motorcycle clothing in light colors for visibility, but also for those of us who live in hot climates. I live in the southern part of Arizona, which is a VERY HOT part of the world. For commuting here (60 - 80 mph on the freeway) I usually wear a leather jacket. In the summer, mesh is a very bad idea here, because it is too hot for mesh. A better solution is a jacket that will ventilate, but that the ventilation can be controlled, with an LD Comfort under-layer soaked with water.

My question is: Which of your textile jackets, and especially pants, would provide the best abrasion protection in the event of a 60 - 80 mph low-side crash, in the above conditions? I must ask you to try to recommend something that is available in a light color, because solar heat gain is a problem (I've tried riding here in a water-proof black textile jacket. That was a terrible experience!). Also, water-proofing is not at all important to me, since we only get ~6" of rain per year, and most of that will fall in just a few days.

Thank you!
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #120
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Summer jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ5 View Post
Hello, Mateo. I have Spidi pants (Hurricane), gloves (STR-1), and boots (Xpd XP-7 WRS), and I am generally pleased with these items. I also applaud Spidi's effort to introduce motorcycle clothing in light colors for visibility, but also for those of us who live in hot climates. I live in the southern part of Arizona, which is a VERY HOT part of the world. For commuting here (60 - 80 mph on the freeway) I usually wear a leather jacket. In the summer, mesh is a very bad idea here, because it is too hot for mesh. A better solution is a jacket that will ventilate, but that the ventilation can be controlled, with an LD Comfort under-layer soaked with water.

My question is: Which of your textile jackets, and especially pants, would provide the best abrasion protection in the event of a 60 - 80 mph low-side crash, in the above conditions? I must ask you to try to recommend something that is available in a light color, because solar heat gain is a problem (I've tried riding here in a water-proof black textile jacket. That was a terrible experience!). Also, water-proofing is not at all important to me, since we only get ~6" of rain per year, and most of that will fall in just a few days.

Thank you!
MZ5,

we sell a lot of Textiles to Arizona, and most of customers prefer our Netix or Netforce types.
But I agree, sometimes in very high temperatures light colors with generous ventings could be more useful. Here I give you an example (STREET tex jacket):

The thermal liner is removable, and the ventilation is adjustable, here's a zoom:

Anyway, 80% of our 4-seasons jacket are step-in-clothing equipped: you can remove both thermal liner and waterproof liner, and use external shield in hot weather, opening direct ventilations. Here you have the Marathon Jacket as an example:
Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 02-19-2012 at 04:17 AM