Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #1936
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,297
Aidan third trials lesson was today. He hadn't ridden a motorcycle since he was four (CRF 50), he's nine now. I'm just really surprise how fast he's progressing. When I bought his trials moto bike several weeks ago. I wasn't sure if he would be ready for his first moto trials event in February. Now, I can see how he won't be ready. Still, a lot of work to do.

Todays focus was tighter turning and log training. Here we go...

Now, its off to his BMX coaches house. For a little manualing/jumping practice. I'm exhausted...
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #1937
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Oddometer: 195
LOOVE the pics, Garthe! what's the GG trials bike he's on now?
AMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
Aidan third trials lesson was today. He hadn't ridden a motorcycle since he was four (CRF 50), he's nine now. I'm just really surprise how fast he's progressing. When I bought his trials moto bike several weeks ago. I wasn't sure if he would be ready for his first moto trials event in February. Now, I can see how he won't be ready. Still, a lot of work to do.

Todays focus was tighter turning and log training. Here we go...

Now, its off to his BMX coaches house. For a little manualing/jumping practice. I'm exhausted...
amcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #1938
Garthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcross View Post
LOOVE the pics, Garthe! what's the GG trials bike he's on now?
AMC
Yep, that's the 80. Perfect amount of power, for what he needs right now.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1939
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Yep, that's the 80. Perfect amount of power, for what he needs right now.
My favorite motorcycle for those of us under 150 lbs...
so glad Aidan is doing so well with it! can't wait to see more pics and a writeup of his first contest.

what region will you compete? (your note says "left chicago")... we compete both NITRO and Trials Inc and, when they overlap, WOTA and MOTA.

If you bring him to a Trials Inc, he can compete in a Youth event without having to ride adult novice - IF he isn't quite ready for the loop difficulty of most events yet. Given the wheelies and such he's doing, he'll be above the skillset of the youth sections, but it'll be a nice comfort boost for him and let him ride successfully at a first event. (I am unsure what any of the other clubs in this region do for youth, just know what TI has which are VERRY simple youth-specific sections designed to be safely completed by a youngster on an Electric Oset of the smallest size on up to new riders on 125s.)
amcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #1940
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,620
Sooo, Garthe...

Do.

You.

Have.

Any.

Pics.

Of.

You.

On.

Your.

315R??

brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1941
Garthe

Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1942
Garthe

AnnMarie, thank you for the info. I should change that 'left Chicago' stuff. I grew up in Chicago for the first forty years of my life. Now, I'm in Phoenix.

I can easily see him on that 80, for two years. He's a very aggressive BMX racer. So, when I see him achieve a SOLID foundation of trials skills. He'll get more cc's. He'll use it.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #1943
Garthe

Quote:
He's a very aggressive BMX racer.
Oh, I just can't help myself...Daddy pride...it's kinda trials related.

Jumping

Turning

Manualing
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1944
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 622
I would so much like to post some images/videos of my daughter doing anything even close to that... Like here mom she is working on static balance and starting to lift the front just a little to go over small obstacles (mom dose full on wheelies!) but nothing that aggressive.

But sense I don't have any cool videos or pictures of her or mom today I can at least post one of me playing in the back yard. (edit: video didn't post, I will put it back up later.)

jonnyc21 screwed with this post 12-03-2013 at 09:56 PM Reason: Video didn't post... will re-post later.
jonnyc21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #1945
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 2,833
Balance skills apply to athletic endeavors. My garage is full of balance props. Bongo Board, Vew-Doo Board, stilts, uni cycle, Fly Bar, skate scooters, skate boards and of course human trials. Set a ladder on a small wall, have them walk up and down it, backwards, same with a skinny about 2 feet off the ground, slack lines, etc. A lot of fun can be had with balance games. Lastly roller blades are very good for balance skilzzzz and dead engine balancing.

Video does not work....

I just can't believe no one has made an infant model that is a set of handle bars, horn, light, clutch, brake, GPS, etc. A new born should have a set of bars in their hands at a very early age.
Just saying.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #1946
Garthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
I would so much like to post some images/videos of my daughter doing anything even close to that...
You will, it just takes time. My sons been at it, since he was three. He's nine now. I record his racing and parts of his clinics. They provide a incredible tool for him to understand, what he's doing right and wrong. If I just told him he was doing something wrong, he would just argue with me about it. When I play back the recording of him doing something on the track. It's right there in color, for him to see. It really speeds up the learning curve.

Another benefit of these recordings, really cool photos. I love them and he REALLY loves them.

Keep on watering the plant and it will grow...
Old 12-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #1947
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Quote:
You will, it just takes time. My sons been at it, since he was three. He's nine now. I record his racing and parts of his clinics. They provide a incredible tool for him to understand, what he's doing right and wrong. If I just told him he was doing something wrong, he would just argue with me about it. When I play back the recording of him doing something on the track. It's right there in color, for him to see. It really speeds up the learning curve.

Another benefit of these recordings, really cool photos. I love them and he REALLY loves them.

Keep on watering the plant and it will grow...
Thanks for the advice, I will have to brake out the video more often when she is riding and when we get home.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #1948
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Back yard practice

My daughter was nice and captured some of my practicing in the back yard. Was kind of fun to see the results of what I have been working on... I need to keep the knees a bit wider and work on the body position more. But hay its part of the learning process, can't get better without a little feed back from time to time and as indicated by Garthe, video dosn't lie.

Ok the video finished this time...

jonnyc21 screwed with this post 12-04-2013 at 07:11 AM Reason: video uloaded completed
Old 12-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #1949
Garthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
Thanks for the advice, I will have to brake out the video more often when she is riding and when we get home.
There is a app, call SloPro. Best couple of dollars I've ever spent. I installed it on my Iphone. That way, the tool is always close at hand.

Your job, is to be as creative...as you can. The more FUN you make it, the better they like it. If YOUR not exhausted, after one of her riding sessions. You haven't done your job right.

The bond that I've created with my son, through training. Has only increased our love and respect for each-other. It's a true WIN/WIN.

Garthe screwed with this post 12-04-2013 at 06:20 AM
Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #1950
Garthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Sooo, Garthe...

Do.

You.

Have.

Any.

Pics.

Of.

You.

On.

Your.

315R??

Well, due to the over whelming request for a photo of me on my 315R. I handed my phone to my nine year old, while I was riding out in front of my house today. So, here we go...

Hope my fan base will enjoy the content and artistry, of this dynamic piece of photo journalism.