Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #2281
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

We couldn't blame him. Poor guy, it just looked like one of his stuffed animal toys. All good and we are at an event now.

'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #2282
Huzband
Team Dirt

Took the 2.9 down to Hard Rock for some practice this morning. First time I've been on it since banging my knee at Ryan's clinic six weeks ago.

Glad I did, cuz I learned I'm way out of shape. Again. Haven't done much exercise since then either. But now I know I can, & the knee can take it.

Workouts start tomorrow. After all, I have to be ready for Tarheel Wheeler's event in two weeks.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 05-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #2283
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,462
one,two.three,five,:1d rink. I`m ready!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #2284
Huzband
Team Dirt

In spite of my best elbow exercises, they haven't helped.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #2285
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 696
Solo'd at San Yo today, starting to feel a little more at home on the trials bike with the titanium knee, played on the jungle Jim and did a new part of it that has always intimidated a little

And then went over pt purple rocks and tried an up from the upper section I scored last comp

I finally made it up without a dab, but shaky
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #2286
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF706 View Post
played on the jungle Jim and did a new part of it that has always intimidated a little

And then went over pt purple rocks and tried an up from the upper section I scored last comp

I finally made it up without a dab, but shaky

Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #2287
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,448
Recovering from riding the past two days. Was up in the Hualapai mountains in AZ (site of the '13 nationals and will be again in '15)

Great weather, great riding, great sections.
Attended the Roper riding school. Brushed up on some of my problem areas, still have lots more to improve. Bryan is traveling to Europe today, wish him luck while riding over there.

I did get the truck unloaded so I could get to work today, the mess awaits me when I get home. Unloaded = just dumped in the house, not cleaned and put away.
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #2288
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

So Sunday I finally figure out that I had air in my front brake! I kept thinking at my last trials that I needed to readjust my lever, it would bottom on my fingers, cost me a couple of fives on a pretty easy section ( that's my story and I'm sticking to it ). But playing around on the jungle Jim I realized that I could pump em up to firm, dang it. Bled the front tonight, and she feels firm now.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #2289
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 873
Spent a few adjusting my wife's gas gas suspension this evening and it was well worth it! After the adjustment it was much more responsive.

Had my wife give it a bounce and she liked! Just need to get her out for a ride soon!
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #2290
UtahGuido
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,647
I actually rode it!

Spend some time out behind my neighbor's house with the neighbor kid and his roommate, both 20 somethings. Good guys. The parents are working out of state and have left their son in charge of the house, and the he's a budding motorhead. I let them ride the TLR and I rode the Scorpa. We had a great time and I think we have the makings of a nice little wooded riding area. It was funny 'cause the neighbor kid had been wondering where you could ride a dirt bike in the neighborhood. Turns out the back side of his lot! The roommate is a natural, was tearing it up on the Honda.

The Scorpa was running like crap so last night I pulled the carb out and found that the needle clip was on the lowest notch. I moved it to the highest and the bike ran much better. I also noticed some oil dripping from the skid plate when I parked it this evening. That turned out to have come from the crankcase breather tube. The bike got upside down a couple times and some oil when down the tube. I'm wondering if anyone puts PCV valves on these small 4 strokes. Seems kinda strange to have an open tube down into the crankcase.

PS - I'm kinda sore.

UtahGuido screwed with this post 05-21-2014 at 12:38 AM
UtahGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #2291
jakbrand
93 octane

Oddometer: 226
Lazy Springs

Badgertyme and I logged a training session over the weekend at newly opened Lazy Springs OHV park http://www.lazysprings.com/ in preparation for FTA's final round at Promise Ranch (Florida).

Longtime trials and enduro rider, Badgertyme shows me the clean line.

New to trials, I struggle to complete an intermediate line...

and demonstrate how to break levers and score 5's

Old 05-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #2292
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,462
Crash was imminent. Weight was too far forward. You were off balance dropping the left shoulder. Your knee`s should always be at least twelve inches wider. Just look at the ankles all tucked in at the back. Great picture! Thanks for sharing and keep after it, that is the way you learn. Trials is all about body position!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #2293
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakbrand View Post
Badgertyme and I logged a training session over the weekend at newly opened Lazy Springs OHV park http://www.lazysprings.com/ in preparation for FTA's final round at Promise Ranch (Florida).
Hmm, this place isn't far from Fort Myers, where my mother is. Gives me a good reason to put the trials bike on the hitch carrier next time I head down that way.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #2294
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

I have been staring at the three rr tie wall in my backyard for a while so I put a chicken block in front of it and practiced my double blip
http://youtu.be/uDcNw-BBEqE
I later did it without the chicken block but not very clean, I clanked on it and even high centered once I'll try to get video of it tomorrow, I was shaking the rail so much that I was afraid of messing up my iPad by knocking it down
Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #2295
jakbrand
93 octane

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Crash was imminent. Weight was too far forward. You were off balance dropping the left shoulder. Your knee`s should always be at least twelve inches wider. Just look at the ankles all tucked in at the back. Great picture! Thanks for sharing and keep after it, that is the way you learn. Trials is all about body position!
...and I thought my trouble stemmed from poor suspension set up.

I'm heading to Lazy Springs again this weekend and I'll focus on better body position. Thanks!