Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #751
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,349
Garrett just got out of his walking cast yesterday. He still has 8 weeks plus before the dr releases him. So if it`s the same time frame for Racheal she could make the nationals, with no practice 4 months lost. Not good.
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #752
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,512
Laugh Well yesterday

Yesterday I changed the oil in my 280 TXT then loaded it and the 4RT on my trailer to take a new trail rider[four off road rides] and new to trials bikes on a
a fun day in the rain, rocks and roots of Walker Valley. He got soaked, muddy and a fair amount of pick the bike practice all in all a fun day in the muck. He still wants to pick up a trials bike, so it worked out pert good.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #753
Ccino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
got it goin

I bought a rumpty old 307 Fantic about three weeks ago, with leaking forks seals and no back brake, so ripped forks out and gave them to mechanic/trials fiend/friend and didn't expect to see them for quite some time. By-chanced in to him today, forks all good, so have spent the rest of the day reassembling, and dis-assembling, and re-reassembling again and finally now with light fading (9.30pm in southern NZ, land of long twilight) kicked her into life and blatted around the block. Neighbours peering out thru the blinds at what the racket is. It might be old and rumpty, but she don't have to be subtle.
Back in to the garage and stood her against the wall.

Lookin forward to another glorious summer day tomorrow, and I think I may just go out for a wee putt putt on my Fantic.

I'm sorry for all you folks suffering thru your Northern Hemi winter, but for the rest of the year I look at what you're all up to... ...and bide my time.

Happy new year to you all.
Ccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #754
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
How bout some pics of NZ Ccino?

I pulled the carb off my 97 Techno 250 today. Took it apart and cleaned all the jets. It would not run off choke. I put grips on but they dont fit. I guess trials grips are different, wish I knew that before I cut the old ones off! found the intake boot from box to carb all broken and cut. order new one. top off the coolant.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #755
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,437
Took the Climber out for the first time today after getting it going yesterday (carb clean, petcock clean, add fuel, air up tires to 4.5, etc... )

Not much place around here to ride it w/o driving 20min, but for a test ride (not sure whats going to need tinkered with just yet) I just rode it around a flat field by the house and tried to get a feel for the clutch and brake and run through the gears, do some slow wheelies, try to balance out, etc...

About 20min is all I could handle... I'm SO out of shape...
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #756
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,070
It was a little sketchy on the way out this morning.

Once out of the pit area and onto the rocks, it was great!!!

We were scouting for lower sections for the Feb trial, so nothing even remotely huge today.

Curtis doing a turn in some trash to see if the Int can do it.

It was snowing beautiful big flakes.

Water was everywhere.

Nate

I could have easily bailed on the day but it turned out to be really fun!!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #757
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,882
Nice pics Gordy! Turned out to be a fund day...I would have never guessed it by the last 5 miles driving into San Yo. Awesome!!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #758
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,572
WIN!

AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #759
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnsleft View Post
Yesterday I changed the oil in my 280 TXT then loaded it and the 4RT on my trailer to take a new trail rider[four off road rides] and new to trials bikes on a
a fun day in the rain, rocks and roots of Walker Valley. He got soaked, muddy and a fair amount of pick the bike practice all in all a fun day in the muck. He still wants to pick up a trials bike, so it worked out pert good.
Thanks for the free first hit TL. Since then another rider has loaned me his bike while he recovery from a knee overhaul. Spent a good half hour on the bike in the garage without starting it trying to get my basic balance down. I'm up to an average of 9 seconds with a high of 19. Hopefully I'll get a chance to fire her up during daylight and get some flat land practice in soon.

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #760
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer

Sirloynz and I took my bikes out for a comparison ride yesterday. Did some trails, hopped over some logs, switched bikes a few times. Talked about them over burgers, I like the red one best. The blue one seems quicker[to me] and turns sharper. Your results my very. Any way we rode them, got em dirty and had a fine day. Think I will keep them.

And today they got a slosh job.

Ready for next time. Seems as tho more people are going to the dark side.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #761
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,882
Quote:
I like the red one best.

Quote:
Seems as tho more people are going to the dark side.
Oh yeah...come to the dark side!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #762
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer

Wicked GG happy

The TXT has new wheel bearings and tonight I put in a new steering stem. Now if the snow would melt.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #763
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,437
wrapped up most of the important fixes on the Aprilia tonight...

Over the last few days i've been able to put some time into it...

so far i've repaired the shift rod / kick starter shaft retention problem and bypassed a factory design flaw that allows the shift rod to work itself out of the case half, flushed the hydraulic clutch fluid, changed the oil, complete carburetor tear-down and cleaning, pet-cock ...and filter cleaning, replaced and bled front brake fluid and installed new pads, replaced fork seals and fork oil, coated chrome inner legs with hard floor wax to fill in scratches in chrome, installed SS pressure relief valve (same as my KTM forks) on left fork cap, fixed chain slider guide, replaced rear lower mudguard/flap w/ custom made kydex part that matches the factory part, flushed and replaced the coolant, and...

All that said and done, the bike is now running pretty sweet. Still have a tiny leak on the dampening fork leg (right tube) and may have to re-coat with more hard wax where its scuffed up. Ive used this wax to coat gun parts before and it takes a LONG time to wear off. I may have polished it down too much the first time around.

Tonight i tested the new brake pads... was very disappointed until i rode back to the house and replaced the fluid and bled the line.... Now the front brake actually stops the bike! In fact, I managed to loft the rear wheel in the air a few times between skidding the front tire on cold pavement. Before this the front brake worked about as good as a flinstone brake... put a foot down and hope it stops in less than 50'....
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #764
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,394
Fresh snow, ice and minus ten degrees (F) outside this past weekend didn't make for good trials riding conditions!I had to make do with displaying the old bike (and working the booth) with the classic bike club at the local motorcycle show. Not much of a workout unfortunately, however my voice is still hoarse from talking to countless people if that helps!

2014 Yamaha FZ9
1973 Norton Commando & other old stuff
roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #765
Ymirtrials
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Snow day...

More snow on the ground this morning, think I'll get those shock bushings changed and try to blow out the dent in the pipe.... after I go skiing! Hey Doug, how are things in Osgoode??!
Attached Images

Ymirtrials is offline   Reply With Quote