Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #1336
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Rolled a new 12 300 Raga into the garage this morning. Parked a little to close to the garage door so I just picked up the bike and stepped out of the bed of the pickup and into the garage. Nice when you weigh 80 pounds more than the bike.This should be fun.
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #1337
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
Rolled a new 12 300 Raga into the garage this morning. Parked a little to close to the garage door so I just picked up the bike and stepped out of the bed of the pickup and into the garage. Nice when you weigh 80 pounds more than the bike.This should be fun.
I have the 11, dad has the '12... I have to say I really like my 11, BUT HIS 12 is NICE.

TIP, grease the front fork seals, with seal-assembly Grease, this is what we used.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.MC_ID=10010

BTW, you don't have to take them out, just try to get some into the lip (VERY CAREFULLY) makes a helluva difference. I'm saying use SEAL grease, it is like 100x more slippery than any other grease I have messed with, even when it is bone ass cold (being a farmer, Ive dealt with a few)...

Sting32 screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 12:46 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #1338
neilking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Thanks Mitch! I ordered some grease and a new front tire.
13 Factory Beta 250
neilking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #1339
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
To
I'm a fair weather rider and I see that you are wearing jackets.
It's going to be 63 at our event this Sunday.
supposed to be 58 here this weekend!! Well, maybe mid summer then, when the 100 degrees of DRY heat there are too much for you and you awnt some good drippy sticky muggy heat!
amcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #1340
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,872
Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #1341
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,063
Quote:
I see a really cool line!
Line would be up the root to the left with a perfect floater down the log to the right to wherever the trialsmaster has the balls for the off!!!!
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #1342
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I have the 11, dad has the '12... I have to say I really like my 11, BUT HIS 12 is NICE.

TIP, grease the front fork seals, with seal-assembly Grease, this is what we used.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.MC_ID=10010

BTW, you don't have to take them out, just try to get some into the lip (VERY CAREFULLY) makes a helluva difference. I'm saying use SEAL grease, it is like 100x more slippery than any other grease I have messed with, even when it is bone ass cold (being a farmer, Ive dealt with a few)...
Ps. Boys and girls do not try this if you ride in sand!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #1343
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Ps. Boys and girls do not try this if you ride in sand!
Lineaway,

Im talking about almost insignificant amount of slippery grease, in the FOR SEAL not dust cap, that does a little more than the "film" of fork oil that exists normally, I think it helps take away any "stickyness" while breaking in new bikes...

you cannot even tell I did it, unless you ride the bike. I'm riding trials 12 months a year, here in the dustbowl regions of Kansas dude, not some clean room.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #1344
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,258
I had the SKF fork seals installled on my Beta. Absolutely no stiction.
I'm going to get some for my KTMs.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #1345
mung
Studly Adventurer

I have the SKF slippery fork seals and bushing kit sitting on my bench waiting to be installed in my 350.It is supposed to make a difference.I still have a tub of "SIMONS " seal grease. Anybody remember Simons forks?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #1346
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Quote:
I had the SKF fork seals installled on my Beta. Absolutely no stiction.
I'm going to get some for my KTMs.
That is nice, for you Gordy, lol... I didn't assume MUNG did.

Mung, do what you like, (my best friend actually) just worked a little into the seals of our forks while we greased EVERY BEARING, of all our bikes as we uncrate them as usual.

my little bit of experience with gasgas, means you need to grease everything, every bearing and busing, even the swingarms...

I also suggest you try to see if you can even loosne some bolts, like BAR CLAMPS, Dad's was so tight we had to drill the heads off remove with vicegrips. If you get them loose carefully, IMHO they need some no seize or something. There was one other bolt we had trouble with, most are any of the ones into aluminum parts though, IIRC. Bar clamps I assume the assembly dork just overtightened... Ossa, BTW had this problem with several bolts and fasteners, for the 2 in our club, that I know of, lol so I blame that on the "partnership" (OK joking, dont get your panties in a wad)

About the bar clamps, our problem was, we were in hurry to put dad's 1/2 inch bar risers off his old bike to the new one... Hurry because, we were about to travel for a pretty far away regional, in 2 days... As luck had it, it was after we got home from my buddies house (that did all the greasing and tweaking) to take bars off and change some things, when the allen head bolts "stripped" while trying to get em loose. it was NOT the ones that you get to easily, that allow you to just adjust the bars, it was the hidden TOP ones. Just FYI.

Sting32 screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 08:36 AM
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #1347
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
That is nice, for you Gordy, lol...
It is!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #1348
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
Hey Mung - Congrats on the new bike. They are really sweet rides. One thing we have seen on several of our new Raga's is that the rear brake hose can be routed wrong and make contact with the swing arm when the suspension is compressed. Take a look and check that before you ride. Hopefully, yours is OK.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #1349
mung
Studly Adventurer

I am assuming that the rear brake hose still goes through the inside of the swingarm arm? Where do you need to check for rerouting? Every bike I get[have had many] gets taken down to the frame and reassembled with grease,loctite and lots of TLC.It is nice to know that your new bike after that treatment is really ready to go.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #1350
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It is!
Gordy, you riding today with Al or coming out saturday for San Yo? Brutus are you on your way?