User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 AM   #46
NYP797
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Source for ASAHAI Lightools Wrenches

Have also posted this news in the latest page of theTOOLKIT THREAD.
Recieved a reply from my enquiry about availability of these wrenches. Was told yes they could supply the goods.
the company info:
EWINS CORPORATION (M) SDN BHD
29-31, Jalan Sesama, Taman Perusahaan Batu Caves,
68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, MALAYSIA.
T : +603-6188 4332
F : +603-6188 4331
I wrote back asking for prices, shipping costs etc. and method of payment they preferred.
I'll post back when I hear back.
NYP797, Queens, NY
NYP797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #47
Subutai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsman View Post
Wow.

That Motion Pro thing is cool.
The quality is top notch, the sockets that came with it are excellent. I would love to complete my kit with bigger sizes of them but can't really seem to find anywhere to get 'em without going to considerable lengths.

It packs so small that I think one would not have any difficulty carrying it around in example the jacket pockets.
Subutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #48
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autodidact View Post
The quality is top notch, the sockets that came with it are excellent. I would love to complete my kit with bigger sizes of them but can't really seem to find anywhere to get 'em without going to considerable lengths.

It packs so small that I think one would not have any difficulty carrying it around in example the jacket pockets.
order direct, they are cheap, what parts are you looking for? mc superstore carries and ships for free for $50 orders.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #49
abhibeckert
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
I've got one of these: http://www.kriega.us/products/kriega-us-5

Just one big pouch, with a small zip pocket on one side and mesh pouch on the other.

The outer lining is incredibly tough and completely water tight. There's a thin removable inner lining which can be thrown in the washing machine every few years. The mesh bag on the outside fits a spare tube, the small zip pocket on the other side is handy for keeping phones and the like.

Only complaint is the straps aren't quite long enough, due where I attach it to my bike. But they're not attached to the bag in any way, so I just need to get off my ass and find something else to tie it down.
abhibeckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 AM   #50
Subutai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
order direct, they are cheap, what parts are you looking for? mc superstore carries and ships for free for $50 orders.
Problem is that it becomes quite expensive with import taxes and customs as I'm overseas. I've tried to find a local supplier in EU, but there's none. If someone knows of one might give a holler here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibeckert View Post
I've got one of these: http://www.kriega.us/products/kriega-us-5

Just one big pouch, with a small zip pocket on one side and mesh pouch on the other.

The outer lining is incredibly tough and completely water tight. There's a thin removable inner lining which can be thrown in the washing machine every few years. The mesh bag on the outside fits a spare tube, the small zip pocket on the other side is handy for keeping phones and the like.

Only complaint is the straps aren't quite long enough, due where I attach it to my bike. But they're not attached to the bag in any way, so I just need to get off my ass and find something else to tie it down.
I've one also and it's suited for the purpose besides the organising tool roll part.
Subutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #51
Camberene
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Custom make your own tool rolls

I make custom leather tool rolls for my custom sets of tools. I don't try to put all of my tools in one roll. This is not exactly a minimalist way of doing things but I like to carry a wide range of tools and supplies. I don't make them to sell or anything. You can do this yourself and it is satisfying to know how.

For example this tool roll just carries a complete set of Craftsman screwdrivers. I even bought the Craftsman screwdrivers as a set in a plastic clamshell. The velcro straps are independent of the tool roll and can be bought on Ebay in sets of 10. They are 1" velcro tie-up straps, quick adjustable, range 1"-4".

The leather and leather tools are bought at Tandy Leather. The leather I used is about 1.5 mm thick. Tandy has lots and lots of bargain hides. You layout the tool roll to whatever you need. It's all custom to your needs. The tool roll requires some stitching. For that you need:

Poly Mallet, Large, Tandy 3301-04

Small Poly Punching, Cutting & Tooling Board (6 in. x 6 in. x 1/2")
Thonging Chisel Set, Tandy 3008-00 (You will use the 1/16" 3 Prong tool in this set)

Waxed thread, Brown 25 yards, Tandy 11207-03

Stitching Needles set of 10, Tandy 1195-00

To punch the holes in the leather, you use the three pronged 1/16" punch and walk the tool down the length of the run using the mallet and punch on dry leather backed up on the poly board (punch it, wiggle the punch free of the penetration and twirl it around, repeat, until you get to the end of the run).

You need the knowledge to thread the needle, make a saddle stitch and close out a saddle stitch. You will be using 2 needles. The method of doing all three tasks is shown about halfway down this page.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/e...t-ABC-pg4.aspx

After you thread one needle, measure 5 times the length of the stitch run and thread the second needle. As said earlier, you design it to meet your needs. When you're done, put your tools in, roll it up and velcro it closed. Have fun on your journey with exactly the tools and supplies that you like to have. Once armed with the basic knowledge of working with this thickness of leather and saddle stitching, there are limitless other things you can make. You can add a slot for a Kel-Tec P3AT .380 or your favorite pocket pistol, compasses, air gauges, you name it, you can make a pocket for it.

Optional for fun: 3D Stamping handle & removable stamping tool of all kinds of designs: snakes, skulls, arrowheads, buffaloes, ect. for a logo/personalization effect. Moisten the leather then let it dry but still cool to the touch and stamp it on a piece of marble or a steel vise/anvil, using the poly mallet. Don't use the poly cutting board to back up the stamp.

riumph Scrambler 900
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Camberene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #52
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 812
Asahi Wrenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaV View Post

6-11= Asahi Lightool Wrenches 24/12 , 19/17 , 12/14 , 11/13 , 8/10 , 5.5 / 7 mm
Originally I had this set of wrenches, 850 Grams.

While shopping in Hong Kong one day, I ran across these Asahi Lightool ones.

Really nicely made and they were only about $25 for the set.

Very compact.

And only 394 Grams.

Cheers!
ChinaV
Found this dusty thread, and like many others was intrigued by the light weight wrenches.
Seems there are a few sources that cropped up during the hiatus;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140746021460&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

http://www.levelchrome.com/Asahi-LSXS6-6-Piece-Metric-Open-Ended-Lightool-Wrench-Set_p_296.html

Turns out they are made in Japan, and should note that ChinaV left much more information than the excerpt I pasted in this post. Search the previous few pages and there is an itemized list of the entire initial photo.
Thanks ChinaV for the cool tools!

etingelefunts screwed with this post 01-30-2013 at 04:42 AM
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #53
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Just ordered

I opted to order from Level Chrome LLC, out of Irving, TX.
Just received email confirmation. Will try to update when they arrive regarding quality, etc.
I added the ***Engineer's*** wrench for my shop in addition to the trail tools in order to receive free shipping (orders over $99);

etingelefunts screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 11:44 PM Reason: Changed order
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #54
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by etingelefunts View Post
Found this dusty thread, and like many others was intrigued by the light weight wrenches.
Seems there are a few sources that cropped up during the hiatus;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140746021460&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

http://www.levelchrome.com/Asahi-LSXS6-6-Piece-Metric-Open-Ended-Lightool-Wrench-Set_p_296.html

Turns out they are made in Japan, and should note that ChinaV left much more information than the excerpt I pasted in this post. Search the previous few pages and there is an itemized list of the entire initial photo.
Thanks ChinaV for the cool tools!
I like these a lot and will order up a set if I ever get another bike By then I will have forgotten about these.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #55
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Dang!

Shipped already !! Might have a review by this week-end
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #56
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,459
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #57
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
I could carry that many tools.. but I would have no idea how to use 1/2 of them
Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #58
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Does that tool roll double as a shooting mat?
She looks awfully light, thinking maybe she dials in the rear shock sag by adding removing tools to set up her suspension.
If she was ever a Girl Scout, that would make a great testimonial poster.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #59
divimon2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588

divimon2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #60
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Is that the bucket boss without the socket pockets?