Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #2806
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,762
Is there a specific aftermarket pipe I can get (hopefully used) that will mate with the 2 into 1 header and fit the mounting of the stock pipe?

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #2807
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Is there a specific aftermarket pipe I can get (hopefully used) that will mate with the 2 into 1 header and fit the mounting of the stock pipe?
I really can't say for sure. I would assume that there were slip-ons available for your bike. But, that exhaust wasn't widely used on other models so I don't know what there was, or is still in production.

Since that exhaust is from a pre-rubber mount 883R, that's what you need to look for. Someone may come along that knows that info, but if you haven't already checked there, you'd probably have much better luck finding model specific info like this over in the frame mount section of xlforum, HERE.
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #2808
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

WOW!

Where the HELL did this come from???

Someone at the MoCo must be monitoring this thread! The above pic is of a 2013 883R! I just discovered it quite by accident when trying to find how many years the exhaust on mikesova's bike was in production. I ended up see a reference to a 2013 883R on a google search and clicked on it when I saw it was Harley's site!

Just WOW!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_AP...-roadster.html

Or have I just been ignorant and behind the times?

I know this wasn't on the site a few months ago...

Now some of the complainers can stop complainin'...
Where you at Jerry? Here's your chance!

Now, where's the 1200 version???
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #2809
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Oddometer: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
I betcha this is what Randy is talking about. I have one in my tool box.
http://www.trailtech.net/tto.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Yeah, something like that's what I had in mind for just a cheap way to set idle.

And THIS is what I was talking about with the small, higher quality digital unit. Seems like they work well, from what I've read, but I have no personal experience.

And HERE'S the more pricey HD factory combo unit.
Thanks, guys - I should have said, it's a 93 XLH883.

The Trail Tech is really neat (and cheap!) - wonder how visible the LCD is with polarized glasses (which I wear 100% of the time).

The MicroTach is interesting too (LEDs, too).
What riff is it that they are playing in the demo?

That's right! AC/DC's "Shoot To Thrill", a tender love ballad.
I am wondering about a compact analog guage, too.
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #2810
joec63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post

Mike, Very low miles 883R stock slip on. PM an offer if you're interested. Also have a solo seat from the R.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #2811
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
WOW!

Just WOW!...
Before you get too excited, that is the international site.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #2812
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B02S4 View Post
Before you get too excited, that is the international site.

Well, SHIT!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #2813
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63 View Post
Mike, Very low miles 883R stock slip on. PM an offer if you're interested. Also have a solo seat from the R.

Pm Sent.

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #2814
zataomm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
WOW!

Very nice!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #2815
jbc1200
Busy Living

Oddometer: 132
Yeah, Harley has decided that the American buyers have no interest in a traditional "sporty" Sportster. They have helped morph the model line into a "mini big twin" or "starter big twin" bike.

The reason I've saved all my take-off parts is because I realize I'll have to put forward controls, lowering shocks, and all the chrome back on if I ever decide to sell mine.
jbc1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #2816
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc1200 View Post
Yeah, Harley has decided that the American buyers have no interest in a traditional "sporty" Sportster. They have helped morph the model line into a "mini big twin" or "starter big twin" bike.

The reason I've saved all my take-off parts is because I realize I'll have to put forward controls, lowering shocks, and all the chrome back on if I ever decide to sell mine.
Sad but true. I doubt I'll ever sell mine, I like it that much. My goal is to wear it out before I'm too old to hold it up and give it to my son. So far the the only thing getting worn out is me.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #2817
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,890
Quote:
WOW!

Someone at the MoCo must be monitoring this thread! The above pic is of a 2013 883R! I just discovered it quite by accident when trying to find how many years the exhaust on mikesova's bike was in production. I ended up see a reference to a 2013 883R on a google search and clicked on it when I saw it was Harley's site!

Just WOW!

Holy shit! You're definitely right, that was NOT listed in their current model lineup a month ago. That is a nice looking bike!!!!!!

EDIT: international site DAMNIT FUCK.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #2818
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc1200 View Post

Yeah. Fortunately it isn't too difficult to convert the newer models to be more "sporty". And like you, I kept all of my original parts in case I ever decide to sell it, although I doubt I ever will. Although I still plan to get Ohlins and a tuner at some point, I'm pretty happy with my 48 as it sits now.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #2819
vaexplorer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
This seems quite a bit like the old Roadster to me.

Quote:
WOW!

Just WOW!

vaexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #2820
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Holy shit! You're definitely right, that was NOT listed in their current model lineup a month ago. That is a nice looking bike!!!!!!

EDIT: international site DAMNIT FUCK.
Yeah, sorry about that. In my excitement I completely missed the "International" thing at the top. I mean, hell, it was all in English, looked like the US site and it appears that the bike is even wearing a California tag.

Not that it really matter to me personally since I've already converted my 48 to have similar performance to the 1200 version of the R, but still... I actually like the styling of my bike better anyway, but that's a very personal thing, and that 883R is a good looking bike.