ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #466
Terrytori
Namaste
 
Terrytori's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 1,827
A little less fluffy.

Pretty as that Coker Vintage skin was out back, it complained a little too much every time I wanted to tilt the horizon. Enter something a little more sticky and a little more sporty. The circle cut pipe shields, never really worked out as imagined ( i was going to paint them the same BRG as the tin but apparently the finish would not take the heat ) so I've defaulted to the wrap which I've always felt worked with this scoot. Now it's time to chop the rear fender and lose all that stock lighting. [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Someday it might end[/COLOR]. Ya think?



__________________
2013 Ninja 300 ABS, '11 883 Iron ( kicked to 1200), 2013 KTM 690 Duke

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #467
Wind-venture
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodweiser View Post
Fucking crazy bastards.

love it.
What'd that old man in the pickup say before he rolled the window up?

Isn't that against the law in Texas?

someone call a cop...
Wind-venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #468
CZP01
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Here
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind-venture View Post
What'd that old man in the pickup say before he rolled the window up?

Isn't that against the law in Texas?

someone call a cop...
I couldn't make out the words on my crappy laptop speakers. Was he pissed because you guys were splitting lanes?
CZP01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #469
Silver King
Maita'i roa ae!
 
Silver King's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Saint Rosie, California
Oddometer: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZP01 View Post
I couldn't make out the words on my crappy laptop speakers. Was he pissed because you guys were splitting lanes?
He said, "Put on some pants, Sonny!"
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #470
Dirt Road Cowboy
Treasure Hunter
 
Dirt Road Cowboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Tyler, Texas
Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrytori View Post
Pretty as that Coker Vintage skin was out back, it complained a little too much every time I wanted to tilt the horizon. Enter something a little more sticky and a little more sporty. The circle cut pipe shields, never really worked out as imagined ( i was going to paint them the same BRG as the tin but apparently the finish would not take the heat ) so I've defaulted to the wrap which I've always felt worked with this scoot. Now it's time to chop the rear fender and lose all that stock lighting. [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Someday it might end[/COLOR]. Ya think?



That's looking great!
__________________
78 GL1000 Full Vetter
75 GL1000 Nekid/Minimalistic
73 Ironhead Sportster
66 CT200/Lifan 140 (Trail 90) Build Report
XR100 engine and misc. parts, waiting for the Mad Scientist treatment!
Dirt Road Cowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #471
Ginger Beard
I have no soul
 
Ginger Beard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny Northern Cuba (aka: South Florida)
Oddometer: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk the Jerk View Post
Riding Vid in Austin with some buds...





What the fuck was the old dude getting on about?
__________________
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe~
My Scramster Build

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #472
NYP797
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 180
Chameleon?

Dear Mr Territori: You are indeed turning into the Sportster Chameleon. I can barely keep up with you between posts....egad....but press on, as I hang on every exhaust note.
NYP797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #473
LostViking
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Chateaugay Lake, N.Y.
Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrytori View Post
Pretty as that Coker Vintage skin was out back, it complained a little too much every time I wanted to tilt the horizon. Enter something a little more sticky and a little more sporty. The circle cut pipe shields, never really worked out as imagined ( i was going to paint them the same BRG as the tin but apparently the finish would not take the heat ) so I've defaulted to the wrap which I've always felt worked with this scoot. Now it's time to chop the rear fender and lose all that stock lighting. [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Someday it might end[/COLOR]. Ya think?



Awesome,

I have never seen one of your bikes that I didn't have an instant lust for. I think the '48 is a great platform
__________________
"Sailing hard for Vigrid Plain"
LostViking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #474
Terrytori
Namaste
 
Terrytori's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
Awesome,

I have never seen one of your bikes that I didn't have an instant lust for. I think the '48 is a great platform

I think the '48 is a great platform as well, Man but this one came off the floor as an 883 Iron.

Thanks for the appreciation, Viking.
__________________
2013 Ninja 300 ABS, '11 883 Iron ( kicked to 1200), 2013 KTM 690 Duke

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #475
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Aaron from Texas's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZP01 View Post
I couldn't make out the words on my crappy laptop speakers. Was he pissed because you guys were splitting lanes?
The guy on the shovel stalled out in front of the truck so he had to push his bike over to the side of the road. The guy in the truck zoomed up fast behind him, honking at him, and calling him an asshole for taking up the lane... This is what took place at the light afterwards...
__________________
1987 Honda XL600R
ftwtexas.blogspot.com
Aaron from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #476
Wind-venture
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk the Jerk View Post
The guy on the shovel stalled out in front of the truck so he had to push his bike over to the side of the road. The guy in the truck zoomed up fast behind him, honking at him, and calling him an asshole for taking up the lane... This is what took place at the light afterwards...

Ok.. but what'd he say? ... ended up with yelling out freak.. like a real badass... right before he rolled his window up...
Wind-venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #477
LostViking
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Chateaugay Lake, N.Y.
Oddometer: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrytori View Post
I think the '48 is a great platform as well, Man but this one came off the floor as an 883 Iron.

Thanks for the appreciation, Viking.
Even more impressive! That's what I get for assuming.
__________________
"Sailing hard for Vigrid Plain"
LostViking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #478
Ginger Beard
I have no soul
 
Ginger Beard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny Northern Cuba (aka: South Florida)
Oddometer: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk the Jerk View Post
The guy on the shovel stalled out in front of the truck so he had to push his bike over to the side of the road. The guy in the truck zoomed up fast behind him, honking at him, and calling him an asshole for taking up the lane... This is what took place at the light afterwards...

It's good to see that being an asshole isn't exclusive to Florida.
__________________
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe~
My Scramster Build

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #479
plugeye
mc caregiver
 
plugeye's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Garland, Texas
Oddometer: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin4woods View Post
It's good to see that being an asshole isn't exclusive to Florida.
hahaha
unfortunately no
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #480
Berto
Beastly Adventurer
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Alachua, Fla
Oddometer: 1,399
Got any pictures of ther other bikes?
Berto is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014