ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #4471
mat-tiger1
Adventurer
 
mat-tiger1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Staffordshire UK
Oddometer: 10
[QUOTE=blacktiger;17464134]

"These things are HEAVY so if you do try it don't go alone because you will need help getting it out of the ditch.
All the other stuff you want to do with it is purrfect."

Hi munkee1805, gotta agree with blacktiger on this one. I love my girlie, and i really enjoyed some great Wiltshire trails along with blacktiger back in July. I only dropped her once, (luckily at low speed & more luck than riding skills!) I was lucky to have some other members of the tigertriple forum along, to help me pull her out of the mud! I loved the off-roading adventure, but when you try it (& i'm sure you will ) don't get going alone!
__________________
All the best,
Mat-tiger1.
2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange
mat-tiger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #4472
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Bob Tosi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Chico, Ca
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
to help me pull her out of the mud! I loved the off-roading adventure, but when you try it (& i'm sure you will ) don't get going alone!
For some reason almost every time I ride off road, my Tiger seems to like to have some "nap time".
__________________
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #4473
Burren Rider
Aussie Adventurer
 
Burren Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Northern NSW
Oddometer: 1,801














Burren Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #4474
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,356


LOVE this pic

__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #4475
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burren Rider View Post







Looks like you're getting out and enjoying the bike.

Q :- How are you getting on with the 800XC?
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 71000 miles.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 26000 miles.
Bike history [(N) = bought new] :- YAS1, RD350B(N), XS750(N), XT500, XJ650(N), XJ900S(N), CBX750, XL185S, XR250RF, XR600, KTM600LC4, TDR250, R100GS, TS200R, Tiger955i(N), Scrambler900efi, Tiger800XC(N)...
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #4476
T
FKA cyclingtom
 
T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: DE
Oddometer: 4,605
Merry Xmas fellow Tiger riders....

__________________
Inconsequential Adventurer
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #4477
XC_DirtRider
Break it loose!
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 7
Cool2 2012 Tiger XC with Coo Case

First time ever posting... Trying out this Coo Case I picked up from Twisted Throttle. Have not had the primered lid panel painted as of yet. I am in the process of getting it ADV ready. Wondering if anyone has installed a case like this and how well it has held up off-road. The Cortech Mini Tank bag with the magnets is a great fit for this bike if you are looking a small everyday bag. So far on road both cases stay on with no trouble even at 100+ mph. I am also looking for a windshield or something to lessen the wind I am getting. I am 6'3" and feel like a bobble head when going 60+, especially in traffic behind a large vehicle. Any suggestions and or pics?

XC_DirtRider screwed with this post 02-25-2012 at 05:35 PM
XC_DirtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #4478
crazyman
Exiled to the swamp
 
crazyman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Crystal Beach, FL
Oddometer: 1,095
Welcome !

That Coo case looks like a good fit.

As for a screen, there is a thread (do a search) specifically for Tiger windscreens. It seems the Madstad system is very popular. It's pricey though. I'm saving up for one for my Tiger.
__________________
'13 Triumph Trophy SE
Just keep ridin'
crazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #4479
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
Welcome !

As for a screen, there is a thread (do a search) specifically for Tiger windscreens. It seems the Madstad system is very popular. It's pricey though. I'm saving up for one for my Tiger.
+1
Screens are a VERY personal thing. What works for me won't work for you etc etc.
I'm afraid you're going to have to spend out and try one or two until you find something that is acceptable to you. All this type of bike seem to have this trouble. There's always a screen thread on every forum on every bike.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 71000 miles.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 26000 miles.
Bike history [(N) = bought new] :- YAS1, RD350B(N), XS750(N), XT500, XJ650(N), XJ900S(N), CBX750, XL185S, XR250RF, XR600, KTM600LC4, TDR250, R100GS, TS200R, Tiger955i(N), Scrambler900efi, Tiger800XC(N)...
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #4480
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Drunk_Uncle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Oddometer: 1,919
I am 5'9" and have a Cee Baily on my 06 955i and love it. I believe the wind is just hitting the top of my helmet. I know these are two really different bikes, but they might be worth a look.
__________________
"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"
'13 Tiger 800XC, '13 KLR 650, and a 2010 Honda NT700V for the wife.
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #4481
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer
 
Mudhen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Below Portland
Oddometer: 3,225
Pic of my Steamer this morning...rally screen removed, crashbars sold off, stock wheels back on. Debating losing the high front fender, too...



Doesn't look too bad in the shadows, from 10' away, in a picture.
__________________
"Triumph over adversity is good for the soul." -- Packmule
IBA# - 18804
Bikeless
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #4482
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen View Post
Pic of my Steamer this morning...rally screen removed, crashbars sold off, stock wheels back on. Debating losing the high front fender, too...



Doesn't look too bad in the shadows, from 10' away, in a picture.
And now you've got to remove all the pictures in all the posts you've ever made on every forum with it covered in mud.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 71000 miles.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 26000 miles.
Bike history [(N) = bought new] :- YAS1, RD350B(N), XS750(N), XT500, XJ650(N), XJ900S(N), CBX750, XL185S, XR250RF, XR600, KTM600LC4, TDR250, R100GS, TS200R, Tiger955i(N), Scrambler900efi, Tiger800XC(N)...
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #4483
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer
 
Mudhen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Below Portland
Oddometer: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
And now you've got to remove all the pictures in all the posts you've ever made on every forum with it covered in mud.


Wonder if I rename my motorcycle directory in Smugmug they'll all go away - then once it sell I can put it back.
__________________
"Triumph over adversity is good for the soul." -- Packmule
IBA# - 18804
Bikeless

Mudhen screwed with this post 12-23-2011 at 03:14 AM
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #4484
mustang
Lurker Extraordinaire
 
mustang's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Cow Hampshire , Frozen Wasteland
Oddometer: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen View Post


Wonder if I rename my motorcycle directory in Smugmug they'll all go away - then once it sells I can put it back.
.............. how much ?
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #4485
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard
 
moe.ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura County
Oddometer: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_DirtRider View Post
First time ever posting... Trying out this Coo Case I picked up from Twisted Throttle. Have not had the primered lid panel painted as of yet. I am in the process of getting it ADV ready. Wondering if anyone has installed a case like this and how well it has held up off-road. The Cortech Mini Tank bag with the magnets is a great fit for this bike if you are looking a small everyday bag. So far on road both cases stay on with no trouble even at 100+ mph. I am also looking for a windshield or something to lessen the wind I am getting. I am 6'3" and feel like a bobble head when going 60+, especially in traffic behind a large vehicle. Any suggestions and or pics?

I have that tank bag and am installing that exact case in a couple hours.

There is a Givi screen on the way. Mine is a 1050.
__________________
Pig Can Fly.

moe.ron screwed with this post 12-23-2011 at 09:02 AM
moe.ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014