Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #5416
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr70 View Post
This bike is like a freaking drugs! I just got it a week ago and it's already time for 500 miles service!
Hell yea! I just scheduled mine and I had it for a week. I should have just set it up when I picked the bike up!
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #5417
Rikki Rockett
Look What The Cat Rode In

Oddometer: 228
Matte Green

Old 07-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #5418
innominate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon PER View Post
Last week, about 15 miles north of Mt Mitchell on the BRP

i was in the smokey mountains that same week, 5-1 thru 5-12

same pull over the day before

The content of this post is for entertainment purposes only and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the poster. Furthermore, claims made by the poster are deemed to be fictitious for the purpose of entertainment. All rights reserved.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #5419
vicvegas
eager beaver

Oddometer: 187
i got my "stash tube" made up and fitted! now im waiting on some wolfman saddlebags and racks and the Rox risers and the farkling will be done for this summer's deals gap/Newfoundland trip starting at the end of the month.

vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #5420
NobeyamaGP
Nerdy Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
i got my "stash tube" made up and fitted! now im waiting on some wolfman saddlebags and racks and the Rox risers and the farkling will be done for this summer's deals gap/Newfoundland trip starting at the end of the month.
Could you possibly post some more details/pics on the stash tube and build? I'm looking to fab up something similar for tool storage on my bike that already has Wolfman racks and bags. Is there gonna be enough clearance for the racks on the tube side? That thing looks big compared to the exhaust and I know the Wolfman racks are asymmetrical.

2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
1981 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD
NobeyamaGP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #5421
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
Just because you moved the bike over a couple feet we can still see what you were doing there. Hoodlum.

And in case you didn't know - Deals Gap is nowhere near Newfoundland (or you for that matter).

That's going to be a great ride! We'll expect lots of pics.
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #5422
vicvegas
eager beaver

haha, yea deals is about 3100 kms from my doorstep, I have a month off from work so my Dad and i (he rides a goldwing and not a member here) are gonna do the trip. we have 14 days to go from home to deals and up to Newfoundland where we'll meet up with my wife/kids/mother in law who are flying to NFLD. all said and done the trip should be around 13,000 kms. we plan to try and camp when the weather is deccent along the way and i'll be looking for a place in the states to do my first valve inspection i guess.

I was debating on if i wanted to do a full on ride report or not cause i'll only have my iphone 4 with me for a camera even though the pix do seem to come out good enuff on this site.

I dont have my wolfman racks yet but as soon as i get them i'm gonna try and see if i can keep my stash tube on and i'll post pix of the end result.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #5423
vicvegas
eager beaver

As far as the burnout marks, I am not on the darkside of tire choices yet so, no thats not my wasted rubber
Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #5424
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Speaking of rubber...Full Bore update

Some buddies and I went out yesterday in northern Georgia, as it sprinkled most of the day, but hey, it kept the dust down .
And we came across a couple of challenging forest service roads, one included a nice mud pit, which my buddy said "I'll do it" and sure enough, he got on his 800 XC and plowed right through (trying to get pictures of this from his camera)....Now, he had an Hidenau (spelling?) rear and a TKC80 front, so no worries for him.
On to the update part, the Full Bore tires on my 06' are very good in my opinion. They have not let me down off road or on road. I have had them on for about 2600 miles, and they appear to be little less than half worn, so hoping to get another 2600 miles out of them. That's the close up picture of my rear tire. I'm thinking of trying Mitas next, we'll see.
My other buddy was on his black 01' and has Conti Trail Attacks fitted, he really likes these and he had no issues in the soupiest, nastiest, rock filled, roads we were on...they scare the hell out of me, but he really does well with them.
But it was a great day in the rain, on some nasty roads, I mean scary, with boulders and wash-outs, downed trees...I was actually pretty nervous at quite a few spots...but no issues with the bikes, except they all have new paint jobs this morning...Georgia red clay colored!

TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #5425
yru
After 6, it's iffy

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobeyamaGP View Post
Could you possibly post some more details/pics on the stash tube and build? I'm looking to fab up something similar for tool storage on my bike that already has Wolfman racks and bags. Is there gonna be enough clearance for the racks on the tube side? That thing looks big compared to the exhaust and I know the Wolfman racks are asymmetrical.
Could you post how you secured the PVC stash tube to the bike? Great design BTW!

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
yru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #5426
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrunotriding View Post
Could you post how you secured the PVC stash tube to the bike? Great design BTW!
not sure how he did it but i can tell you there are some threaded frame inserts on that side of the bike. if you made the correct bracket they could be used. it looks like that's how this one is mounted.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #5427
vicvegas
eager beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
not sure how he did it but i can tell you there are some threaded frame inserts on that side of the bike. if you made the correct bracket they could be used. it looks like that's how this one is mounted.
Your getting warmer fbj
I used two flat T brackets i found at the hardware store where i bought the Abs pipe for the tube, then rounded them and to the shape of said pipe on the "T" end, then bent the othe end back the other way and used those threaded holes in the frame. I mounted the brackets to the tube by drilling four holes for each bracket and i braced them on the inside for strength. after these pictures were taken i got home and my brackets were bending a little after my test ride with weight in the tube so i ended up wraping the tube with metal straps again from the hardware store and the tube is solid now. I'm happy with the end result and i think i will be able to make it work with the wolfman racks, i might just have
to redo my straps to give more of a gap near the frame. again,

vicvegas screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 05:44 AM
Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #5428
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Picked up a Girlie from an inmate in Gunnison CO on Friday. I have put about 1600 miles on it since then and I love it!
Here it is right after I picked it up in Gunnison.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #5429
Dubl-A
CHATA FUKUP!

Oddometer: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Picked up a Girlie from an inmate in Gunnison CO on Friday. I have put about 1600 miles on it since then and I love it!
Here it is right after I picked it up in Gunnison.
Sweet buy! I love that area too
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #5430
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
Hey Tigerrider007, pull the trigger on the Mitas. I am running E07 Dakar rear and TKC80 front. Work great on dry and wet roads. On the beach it was like a paddle tire. Only reason I got stuck was due to a 12" drop off that high centered the bike and then dug in. I have 3300 miles on them and way more tread than a Full Bore when new. I am going with the E09 Dakar front next with the same E07 rear even though I saw one on the back of a 990 Adventure with 6000 miles on it and still looked half new. He rode the same tires from VA to Inuvik and back to Eagle Plains and still have enough tire to get home I believe. Haven't talked to him since we left.