Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #106
Leaf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
If you could glue some kind of circular grunge brush to the tire, and fix up some kind of kerosene drip..... :P
Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #107
brstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Eh? Grung brush?

Thanks Leaf for the tip.
Took the rig for inspection today. (Welshpool) Got a fail because the the LED indicator on the front did not shine in a big enough radious. It aims to much to the side and so cannot be seen far enough in front.
All a bit of a pain really as I only had one day off and it took pretty much the whole day at the licensing place. 3/4 hr on the phone then 4 1/2 hrs mostly waiting. and the guy had the cheek to say I should have made an appointment at one of the appointment only centres. (I;E Kelsmscott but they had a 4 day wait) I had today and today only of work. I am from the government and I am here to help.
Not to worry next week I will be of work having gotten the bits of titanium out of my wrist and leg during this weeks operation on thursday.
So Bully, I may yet try to get to your mate in the Kelmscott license centre though as its been entered into the computer the outcome may be the same. Interesting at Welshpool the guy was saying the bike will be registered as a sidecar outfit and i will not be able to seperate them without another inspection, fees etc etc . Due to the insurance factor. I despise insurance. You were saying that all I needed was a permit? Seems a different story each time I go near those places.
In future I will get the permits and inspection fees paid on line the day before and be there when the gate opens at 6-30 am. Its probably been a decade or two since having been through the process and frankly I find it hard to believe how much harder and de humanised its got.
Ok had my bitch now.
The rest seemed to satisfy the inspector apart from the rig pulling to the right under brakes etc a bit to much.
Have to agree there but should not be hard to change.
Cheers, Bruce.
brstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #108
Leaf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
A joke! :O
Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #109
brstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb Registered.

Well there is no turning back now. Finally after years of messing about I have a rigistered sidecar in the shed.
And on the road of course

Took probably 8 hrs at the licensing place plus time online and on the phone before. Still have to let the insurance company know though.

Had some time of work as needed an op to remove these bits of metal from my battered body. The long screws and this silver piece were in my right leg from a bike accident 6 years ago. And this goldy coloured piece and the rest were in my left wrist from last years fall at work. Long screws are 65mm long . I have a couple of very cool key tags now
Anyway gave me time to get the rig licensed at last. So all good really.

Scary pic. Had the metal out Thursday, walked out of the hospital Friday and went to a party that night.
Hey it was a great night.
Cheers Bruce
Old 08-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #110
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 7,004
Eeeeeeeew, icky!
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #111
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDave View Post
Eeeeeeeew, icky!
+1
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #112
brstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking Heim?

I have these 2 sets of Earles type forks in the shed. I was thinking of setting one up to fit my outfit. I would only use one on the bike as the other has quite a thin wall tubing on it. Perhaps the other would be good for the chair?
I would have to fit a sleeve over the pipes to fit my 43mm triple trees so they would be double wall thickness for strength. Anyway I would need to modify either one to fit the Wee which is looking more likely to happen now that I am riding to work on my outfit daily. The thing is barrel of fun to ride as it is but a run to Albany would be a challenge physically let alone an Eastern States run or one up to the North west.
As the bushes in the swingarm look tiny I thought to change them to the Rose/Hiem type joints. It would give me a little more height as well to match the existing fork length.
So popped into the local bearing place to see what they had. There were more choices than I had questions.
All this to ask?

What sort or type of heim joint is recomended?
I like the idea of sealed bearings but the heim type could just be welded in easily and easily is what we like.
Any ideas on how long they last etc?
Anybody else used these?
Thanks and cheers, Bruce
Old 08-21-2012, 04:19 AM   #113
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Oddometer: 1,529
They could of at least shaved all ya bloody leg along with the other side.
Brendan J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:57 AM   #114
brstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Question ? Any clues ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brstar View Post

I have these 2 sets of Earles type forks in the shed. I was thinking of setting one up to fit my outfit. I would only use one on the bike as the other has quite a thin wall tubing on it. Perhaps the other would be good for the chair?
I would have to fit a sleeve over the pipes to fit my 43mm triple trees so they would be double wall thickness for strength. Anyway I would need to modify either one to fit the Wee which is looking more likely to happen now that I am riding to work on my outfit daily. The thing is barrel of fun to ride as it is but a run to Albany would be a challenge physically let alone an Eastern States run or one up to the North west.
As the bushes in the swingarm look tiny I thought to change them to the Rose/Hiem type joints. It would give me a little more height as well to match the existing fork length.
So popped into the local bearing place to see what they had. There were more choices than I had questions.
All this to ask?

What sort or type of heim joint is recomended?
I like the idea of sealed bearings but the heim type could just be welded in easily and easily is what we like.
Any ideas on how long they last etc?
Anybody else used these?
Thanks and cheers, Bruce
? Any Ideas please?......................
Old 02-13-2014, 05:13 AM   #115
brstar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Eh? Sold

Sold the chair to a guy down past Mandurah... May need to fit trainer wheels till another hack is fitted. (Fabricated)
Or at least left hand indicators.
Cheers.

brstar screwed with this post 02-13-2014 at 05:15 AM Reason: delete sig