Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #16
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
No thanks the reviews are not stellar

Don't believe everything you read................ I used the single voltage the Eastwood gun for years before upgrading to the dual voltage...............single voltage works well for the price point..........someone just getting started the gun works.......if they have problems most likely it is not the gun but a variety of other things that can and will go wrong like not geeting the parts clean, not doing a prebake, poor quality powder, incomplete heat cure etc
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,504
I hear ya. I've bought my fair share of cheap tools and invariably it ends up I buy again.

I'm trying to set up an anodizing and powder coat coop with some local riding buddies and if we split the cost on a nicer setup is still cheap.

I have quite a bit of parts to do plus my buddies, frames, wheels etc so we'd rather buy a nice gun and be done with it.

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
Figured I would bump this. Thinking about getting a setup.

I have had a number of things pc'd over the years and now I have two complete project bikes that will involve substantial powder coating.

I'm thinking of getting a setup in the $500-1000 range, any suggestions? I plan on splitting this with multiple riding buddies so I think we can afford a decent setup.

I've watched videos, doesnt look terribly hard but I'm sure there is a steep learning curve and some trial and error. I just don't want to handicap ourselves with some crap setup.

I've also acquired a monster power supply from raytheon so we also want to setup an anodizing line for our selves. Any advice there is also appreciated.
1) Surface prep
2) Degrease
3) Apply powder
4) Bake it

If you can spray paint, you should be able to get a reasonable quality PC on your first or second try. Not pro, but good. Second coatings take a bit longer to figure out, mostly because the part is now insulated, and the powder doesn't stick as well.
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote