Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
brandonmccann OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Shiver mods

Alright,

So I learned the hard way about proper footing when you go to stop and I dropped my bike. If you must know, it was gravel and an uneven road. Nothing was really damaged so everything is good and I hopped off before it hit so I'm fine. Nonetheless, I want to prevent any further instances. There are two things I want to do to this bike, 1: I want to lower it. 2: In the case of another drop, I want some sort of crash protection.

1: I already ordered a lowering link and I plan on buying thicker soled boots. My question is, can I use the link, boots, and the hyper pro shock lowering kit all at the same time? That for sure will get my feet flat with some extra knee room. Just a thought. The link and boots should get me there but just trying for some extra room.

2: What kind of crash protection can I put on it? I only did a quick search but: http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...idproduct=7139

bike: 2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
brandonmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
That's basically what we did to my wife's mana- which is basically the same set up as the shiver - different rear shock and raised the forks in the triple tree. Add some r&g frame sliders, axle sliders and added some KTM hand guards. She still went through a few blinkers, but she got the hang of it, and we have since put it back to stock height ( the lower shock was a little too stiffly sprung)
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Data
Chameleon

Oddometer: 76
Frame sliders ?

Check these out:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-f...-08-aero-style
Data is offline   Reply With Quote