User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #196
GuyKemp
GSessories

Oddometer: 30
Daytona 2012 Need Advise

Hello Gentlemen. I'm hoping to get some constructive feedback about Daytona this year. I am the VP of GSessories Inc. We manufacture the TailGunner top case. Being a fairly new company we would like to set up a tent somewhere in Daytona for bike week to sell our products. The BMW dealer which is likely my best venue wants a whopping $2700 or so for the week! Add the price of lodging, travel etc. I'm probably over $5k. I'm looking into camping at Holiday park or someplace else where I'll be welcomed by "my kind", saving me some bucks. Now for a decent place to set up shop, that won't cost 2 legs and an arm? Although we are primarily selling for BMW & Ducati, we also sell V-Strom and Super Tenere TailGunners. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Guy Kemp.
GuyKemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #197
VStromNC
DNS/DNF

Oddometer: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyKemp View Post
Hello Gentlemen. I'm hoping to get some constructive feedback about Daytona this year. I am the VP of GSessories Inc. We manufacture the TailGunner top case. Being a fairly new company we would like to set up a tent somewhere in Daytona for bike week to sell our products. The BMW dealer which is likely my best venue wants a whopping $2700 or so for the week! Add the price of lodging, travel etc. I'm probably over $5k. I'm looking into camping at Holiday park or someplace else where I'll be welcomed by "my kind", saving me some bucks. Now for a decent place to set up shop, that won't cost 2 legs and an arm? Although we are primarily selling for BMW & Ducati, we also sell V-Strom and Super Tenere TailGunners. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Guy Kemp.

I am not aware of any prices but there are tons of booths and vendors that setup in the large field outside the speedway including manufacturers offering free demo rides. I would think that you want to be displaying your products where you are going to get tons of foot traffic.

Jon
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #198
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by VStromNC View Post
I am not aware of any prices but there are tons of booths and vendors that setup in the large field outside the speedway including manufacturers offering free demo rides. I would think that you want to be displaying your products where you are going to get tons of foot traffic.

Jon
Yes.........the Speedway area is where you would see the most BMW/Duck traffic, I would think. Sure, you get alot of BMW/Duck owners/wanna-be's coming by the dealership, but what for?? Demo rides?? to Buy??.........but they can do that in their home state as well?? At the Speedway, you have 1,000's of attendees DAILY........for the Demo rides, other vendor booths, and more importantly, the races. It may be too late to snag a spot at the Speedway, but that's where you will get the most exposure.........just about any place BUT the Speedway and Dealership will be the wrong crowd. Just my $0.02............
Moto-Kafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #199
VStromNC
DNS/DNF

Obviously, Daytona Bike Week is much more than just bikes, racing, new products, etc.

Jon
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #200
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Quote:
Obviously, Daytona Bike Week is much more than just bikes, racing, new products, etc.
Jon
I'd definately call that "a New Product"..............
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #201
Berto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
I'd definately call that "a New Product"..............
I always thought that was the worlds oldest product

Everyone has a use in life. Even if it is only to serve as a bad example
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #202
Lurking Luddite
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Hmmm demo rides??
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #203
VStromNC
DNS/DNF

Daytona Speedway 200 Calendar of Events

Definitely looking forward to Supercross and few new bike demo rides......

Jon
Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #204
1Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Looking forward to this as well, always wanted to go- did Sturgis in 09, this should be better!

A buddy and I are flying in, a little bit of a tough ride from here- forecast for another foot of snow tonight, driving and haulin the bike I was going to do- but I'd spend my entire time off driving with only a day there!

Anyway, be there 10-17, got a room at on Ormond? Beach, haven't planned any events yet- thought we'd see what was happening when we get there.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #205
Rooster Cruiser
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
I live 35 miles west of Daytona. I know some good rides, and I also know some good trails. If anyone wants to meet up just send me a message on here! Im a local, and know all the good roads!
Rooster Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #206
PARTY BOSS™
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:

Jon
Thats it I'm IN !!!!!! Leaving Monday morning 9ish. Headed down I95 anyone want to tag along or meet along the way ?
Ive been to the Ducati Experience before and this just reminded me that the visuals in person are amazing.
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #207
y2blade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,289
Following with interest, I'd love to travel across for Bikeweek sometime
y2blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #208
PARTY BOSS™
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Just Do It !!!

come on lets go fly into Dulles and rent a bike. Leaving in the morning.
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #209
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTY BOSS™ View Post
Ive been to the Ducati Experience before and this just reminded me that the visuals in person are amazing.
I didn't ses any "Duck (male or female!!) Displays" at the Speedway last year........I think they may have been at the little dealership next to the IC waterway bridge tho?? The Duck display 2 or 3 years ago at the Speedway was "magnifico!!".......with fast cars, bikes, and women!!

KTM was AWOL from the Speedway last year..........as was BMW......no displays. Dissappointing. They may have been at a dealership somewhere but it's a PITA to have to go to 3-4 different dealerships to see the bikes.........I can do that here in B'ham. Or maybe they were all at a different location........closer to Main Street?? Convention Center somewhere??? Someone enlighten me...........
Old 03-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #210
VStromNC
DNS/DNF

I got back yesterday. I only took Friday and Monday off and only caught Supercross. As usual with Daytona Speedway, no one seem to know that tent camping is free although finally we were able to get into the camping area after much discussion with ticket person. Weather was awful as it rained every day but was clearing up with occassional sun as I was leaving Monday morning!

Good times cruising out to Main St., few beers and wings with a local ADVrider. Of course, as I was leaving everyone else is coming in since Daytona 200, Alligator Enduro, Flat Track and other races kickoff this week.

Jon