User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #1261
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,343
Shores lake camp & ride

I got home last night as well. Ingested too much of that cold air Friday night and got a real dose of bronchial congestion. I had planned on camping Saturday night as well but thought I better get home to my own bed and let the Mrs. nurse me back to health. The only still shots I got were of Friday cause I guess my camera was on video Friday night and the battery was depleted. I didn't realize it until I tried to take my first photo Saturday and with no luck. Here are a few pics of Friday afternoons ride and the campsite Friday night. Hooked up with The Toyman and Marty from Little Rock (Great guy!), one of Dogjaws buddies and rode over to Oark for a piece of pie. Stopped at Byrds as Bill needed to visit with the proprietor. They were having a fly in so we went over to the grass strip just south of Hwy 215 to check it out. The girl said something about the strip is long enough for Cessna 172's and much to my surprise I found recreational aircraft like gyrocopters and paragliders.

Next stop Oark for pie. At 2:30 or 3:00 we were the only folks there.

Spirits Creek I think. Not sure.

Scotty's and Nate's campsites.

Bill's and my campsite.

The main campsite where all the food was cooked, the campfire was and Roger's and Justin's campsite was. Roger brought the party tent, the hotplate, and a bunch of food. Cowboy stew with cornbread the first night, and breakfast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I can't express how much we all were appreciative of Roger and Justin's efforts and generosity in providing all of that food and all their hard work in preparing it.

Justin, Roger, Vinduroman, and Craig Friday night after supper.

Marty, Magoo, Gus, Craig, Zach, Todd, Albie, Marty's buddy Tom I think, Bret, Neff (Nate's son), Nate (behind Marty) around the campfire enjoying Bret and Zach playing bluegrass tunes. Man those guys can play. I really enjoyed that. Gary (Arkridergc) showed up Saturday morning and he and Justin were jammin some Saturday night and they are both talented guitarists as well. Shoot, these camping events could turn into a Hoedown. It was great! I was eatin it up! Bret even gave me a few tips on banjo playing.

Thats all the photos I got before my camera went dead. Video camera was all I had for the ride so I will post some videos to follow. Great time, great company, good eats, and entertainment. What more could you ask for. Oh yes, last but not least, thank God for the beautiful weather.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

OLEARY screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 02:01 PM
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1262
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,343
Shores lake camp & ride videos

We got a late start Saturday as it was pretty cool and everyone was sitting around the campfire BS'n and chillin after a great breakfast that Roger and Justin prepared. Bill helped as well as he is know to do stirring the Mexican Scrambled Eggs. Mmmm! Mmmm! Good! We finally figured out what everyone wanted to ride and off we went about 9:00 am. I think there were 10 in the group that was riding the route, Roger, Justin, Marty, and Tom (correct me on the name if incorrect) were riding slab. Nate and Neff were riding west to Warloop 2 up. Magoo and Gus were riding over Bobby Hopper Tunnel and other places unknown. Nate and Neff rode there little 70cc and 80cc dirt bikes on the south portion of the Blue Loop at Mill Creek on Friday. Neff fell asleep in his chair around the campfire both Friday and Saturday night. It looked like he was having a great time. Nate, good for you buddy.

We had a bit of a reroute early on the route as there are still some roads closed in the White Rock area. In the process of rerouting we rode a kewl rail bed road Cr-101 amd then Paradise Gas Whoops Rd.

We met Bill on Shores Lake Rd on the way to Turner Bend as he was late getting out and helped a family camped across the road from us jump start their van. We gassed up in Turners Bend then back on Shores Lake Rd and crossed the Mulberry River on the Upper Jethro Rd.

Continued east and eventually went up Cr-195 and Fs-1425A to Catalpa and then to Oark for lunch.

On the way to Oark we stopped at the Swinging Bridge across the Mulberry River on Hwy 215 and Bret and Zack were there checkin it out. They left the group after the Turners Bend as Bret felt like he was having trouble with his bike stalling on him.

We all headed to Oark for lunch after checking out the Swinging Bridge. While we were there Roger, Justin, Marty and Tom showed up. We ended up all eating on the back deck. I didn't even know there was a back deck. That is really nice back there. It worked out really great cause we pretty much filled the back deck up with our group. I think there were 15 of us in all. We had it all to ourselves without all of the noise of being in a full house.

I have a couple more videos I will post of just some of the roads just so you can get the flavor of it. Nothing special except the Autumn Colors. I will post those later.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #1263
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Damn, had no idea Santa would be there! That would have made the 20 hr drive worthwhile.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #1264
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Damn, had no idea Santa would be there! That would have made the 20 hr drive worthwhile.
yes..we know santa..we are his little elves
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #1265
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
yes..we know santa..we are his little elves
"Little" Elves NOT.

Hey Gus were your GF's there?

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 02:06 PM
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #1266
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,856
No, darn it... Toy man fell down on his job this year....

Butt ........

The Mother of the 4 kids across the road was way easy on the eyes.....

I did not see any flashes from windows this trip either....

Dragon43 screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 03:40 PM Reason: Never mind, go to "Rides" thread
Dragon43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #1267
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,639
I'm pretty sure you didn't see any flashes when Magoo and I rode with ya either.

Charlie
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #1268
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
I'm pretty sure you didn't see any flashes when Magoo and I rode with ya either.

Charlie
And Doc can only flash if there's a utility pole nearby.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #1269
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkrider View Post
And Doc can only flash if there's a utility pole nearby.
nah..I don't set my limits that high!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #1270
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,764
A thousand shout outs to Helipilot and his son Justified; they worked like dogs and spared no expense to feed the hungry throng; spy pics of our benefactors on the rare occasions they weren't behind a grill:

Had a great time jamming, riding and BSing with a great bunch of guys; really hate that this was the last campout of the year...
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #1271
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,856
Ditto on the thanks for they did indeed do a great job.....
Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #1272
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 847
Sure had a great time. A big heartfelt thanks for all the great food and all the work to put this on. Dinner and a show each night with some stories thrown in for dessert. Great to see some old friend and meet new ones. Traveled some fantasic trails and saw some beatifuly country. That what it's all about. Thanks, did Njoytheride
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #1273
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,709
Double-ditto on the thanks to our generous cooks! Breakfasts and a super cowboy stew kept us all riding. Great people and new riding buddies!!!! Justin's red-and-white baby was awesome. I'll post my report up in AR ride reports.
Also thanks to everyone for bringing the wood so I could feed my fire bug.

Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #1274
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,654
Friday morning, my boy and I made our way to Mill Creek to ride the blue loop. I have an XR70(3-speed no clutch) and an XR80(4-speed clutch). This was the first time for my boy to ride trails, as most of his riding has been around my field and on country roads. So I put my boy on the XR70 and I putted along behind him on the XR80...

I felt like an elephant on a tricycle but the surprisingly the little XR80 carried me around just fine. The low center of gravity was awesome, when I needed to help my boy up, after a spill or roll up beside him and instruct him before he crossed a creek or slid down a hill. We rode about 12 miles in 3 hours and had a terrific time. Watching my boy's skills improve through the afternoon was really fantastic and the grit he demonstrated when he was tired, made me very pleased.

On the way to Mill Creek...

At Mill Creek

We leave Mill Creek and head through the woods towards Shores Lake.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex

NateLePain screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 10:49 AM
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #1275
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,654
A video of some of the trails my boy rode, at Mill Creek.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote