ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #61
BackCountryCruizer
Gnarled Adventurer
 
BackCountryCruizer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Willamette Valley
Oddometer: 435
Touratech GPS mount

Here's what I did. I had a bar clamp mount for my GPS. I used the straps on the back side for more support. I attached the relays for the lights to the bottom bolts.I have 30mm bar risers and everything fit with some minor tweaking. I left the threaded longer riser blots installed in case I want to remount the bar for a roll chart. The angle of the dash works for me both sitting and standing so bolted solid should be okay.
__________________
Four wheels move the body
Two wheels move the soul!

http://www.youtube.com/user/650tom

BackCountryCruizer screwed with this post 03-03-2011 at 08:11 PM
BackCountryCruizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #62
GiMoto Canada
KTM Submarine Capt.
 
GiMoto Canada's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Great White North
Oddometer: 50
Looks great! Can you post a larger version of the photo in the top left?

I will be running a 2 1/4" bar riser above the current bar clamps. Do you see any issues with this height based on your install? I spend most of my time standing and I will be mounting my GPS in the same fashion...



http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=269
__________________
Eat Sleep Ride Repeat
GiMoto Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #63
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiMoto Canada View Post
Looks great! Can you post a larger version of the photo in the top left?

I will be running a 2 1/4" bar riser above the current bar clamps. Do you see any issues with this height based on your install? I spend most of my time standing and I will be mounting my GPS in the same fashion...



http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=269
I don't think there would be any issues with this riser, except that you may block vision of the speedo on the odd occasion that you sit down !

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #64
BackCountryCruizer
Gnarled Adventurer
 
BackCountryCruizer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Willamette Valley
Oddometer: 435
Dash back side

Here's the photo larger. I've got more if this doesn't show what you want to see. I did have to do some lever placement adjustments with the 30mm (~1 1/4") of rise. The front brake hose could give you some issues where it goes through the dash. I ended up having to loosen the banjo bolt on the lever and rotate the hose once the brake lever was where I wanted it on the handle bar. I think if you were to rotate the brake line around so it's coming out on the bottom, 6 o'clock position, you should be okay. I have mine at about the 1 o'clock position. It just clears the instruments and this was the only place it cleared everywhere.
__________________
Four wheels move the body
Two wheels move the soul!

http://www.youtube.com/user/650tom
BackCountryCruizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #65
BackCountryCruizer
Gnarled Adventurer
 
BackCountryCruizer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Willamette Valley
Oddometer: 435
Wrong photo?

I just reread you query. I think I posted the wrong photo?
__________________
Four wheels move the body
Two wheels move the soul!

http://www.youtube.com/user/650tom
BackCountryCruizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #66
GiMoto Canada
KTM Submarine Capt.
 
GiMoto Canada's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Great White North
Oddometer: 50
BackCountryCruizer, that was perfect! Thanks...

Have you had a chance to ride with it yet? I take it you have a HID and a normal H7 high beam. Can you provide any real world feedback?

Thanks again...
__________________
Eat Sleep Ride Repeat
GiMoto Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #67
BackCountryCruizer
Gnarled Adventurer
 
BackCountryCruizer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Willamette Valley
Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiMoto Canada View Post
BackCountryCruizer, that was perfect! Thanks...

Have you had a chance to ride with it yet? I take it you have a HID and a normal H7 high beam. Can you provide any real world feedback?

Thanks again...
I was hoping to get out this weekend but everyone around me has been sick the past couple of weeks. I thought I'd be the lucky one and not catch the bug. I woke up sick this morning so I'm no riding for me this weekend. Damn!! Once I get out for a ride I will post my impressions.
__________________
Four wheels move the body
Two wheels move the soul!

http://www.youtube.com/user/650tom
BackCountryCruizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #68
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Drinking from the Stanley Cup!
Oddometer: 10,644
I like that Lynx decal. Where did you get it?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #69
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
I like that Lynx decal. Where did you get it?
Email me with a reminder of your address and I'll send you one or two

Cheers Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #70
toowheels
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiMoto Canada View Post
BackCountryCruizer, that was perfect! Thanks...

Have you had a chance to ride with it yet? I take it you have a HID and a normal H7 high beam. Can you provide any real world feedback?

Thanks again...
Hi GiMoto!

How's it goin?

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with it!
When I met you at the GS Challenge @ RM House I had Ian's Phoenix fairing on the KLR (same lights as this Lynx) and it was great! A huge improvement. I was running HID low and the Halogen high. The spread on the low beam is really even and wide and the high beam throws way down the road...or trail.
I now have his Mirage 2 on my F8GS and it's also great (that one is no lights though, just fairing, windscreen and dashboard).

Take care and see you out there!

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #71
GiMoto Canada
KTM Submarine Capt.
 
GiMoto Canada's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Great White North
Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Hi GiMoto!

How's it goin?

I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with it!
When I met you at the GS Challenge @ RM House I had Ian's Phoenix fairing on the KLR (same lights as this Lynx) and it was great! A huge improvement. I was running HID low and the Halogen high. The spread on the low beam is really even and wide and the high beam throws way down the road...or trail.
I now have his Mirage 2 on my F8GS and it's also great (that one is no lights though, just fairing, windscreen and dashboard).

Take care and see you out there!

Dave
Thanks Dave! Just waiting for the tax return and the order will be placed. Will be doing the GS Challenge again, try to make it out if you get a chance.
__________________
Eat Sleep Ride Repeat
GiMoto Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #72
mtnrwild
Ramjet
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: 8500 ft high
Oddometer: 13
New Lynx

Ride report and pictures of the Lynx.
I have to say Ian is super to work with, and I would highly recommend both this fairing and his support.

It turned out to be a nice install with both HID high and low beams.

Night riding will be so much safer now. You can really see much better than stock and even better than the X2 lights this replaced.

The protection of the fairing makes this bike into a comfortable long distance traveler. With the windshield down, the air flows by you with out much turbulence. Aerodynamically much cleaner... triple digit comes on a lot quicker

With the windshield up, makes for a comfortable ride in cold weather.
Last weekend went for a 250 mile ride in the mountains with temps 35 - 45 deg. 1/2 was pavement, the rest back country dirt, mud and snow.
With out the Lynx, this ride would not of been as much fun

Here are a few pic's. fully dressed and naked.
Attached Images
 
mtnrwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #73
mtnrwild
Ramjet
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: 8500 ft high
Oddometer: 13
Fully dressed and ready for the long tour.
Attached Images
 
mtnrwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #74
mtnrwild
Ramjet
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: 8500 ft high
Oddometer: 13
Front view
Attached Images
 
mtnrwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #75
ridepjride
Migrant
 
ridepjride's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California
Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrwild View Post

The protection of the fairing makes this bike into a comfortable long distance traveler. With the windshield down, the air flows by you with out much turbulence. Aerodynamically much cleaner... triple digit comes on a lot quicker

With the windshield up, makes for a comfortable ride in cold weather.
Last weekend went for a 250 mile ride in the mountains with temps 35 - 45 deg. 1/2 was pavement, the rest back country dirt, mud and snow.
With out the Lynx, this ride would not of been as much fun
What is the size of the rider...height and inseam...and what tires are those?
ridepjride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014