ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #151
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Eddieville GP, 2011

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
brad21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #152
riderddonald
Lost rider

Oddometer: 572
How about son, dad and grandpa. Just gave my grandson a PW 50 for his 4th Bday.

dad explaining the controls.

Let's throw an uncle in too. The one he's talking to.

Of course grandpa's behind the camera.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #153
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer: 2,521
On the way to Bike Week.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #154
eastCOeric
Adventure Cruiser

Oddometer: 123
My son and me, 2004. Where has the time gone?!?
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #155
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 410
First ride on back of my bike.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #156
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 410
Then mgph years later him riding his own bike.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #157
rlbowers03
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Here is one of my son and I at our local BMW dealership (Big Twin, Boise ID) doing a test ride.

Yes Some of your BETTER dealerships will let you ride before you buy!

83,500 miles and counting

rlbowers03 screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 02:25 PM
rlbowers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #158
rlbowers03
Gnarly Adventurer

Just went to Yosemite and met up with my Dad. He is 73 (!!!) and goes there every year. I rode down from Boise to spend a few days with him. Great Trip!!!

rlbowers03 screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 02:25 PM
Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #159
havocdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Hug 'em while you got 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
Hug 'em while you got 'em. Don't take one minute for granted.
+1000

My brother, Chris, and his only child - his son, Jordan. Jordan was KIA in Iraq 3 years ago today (right about at this hour).

Playing soldier as a boy:

On the observation deck of the World Trade Center with my daughter, Jess, on 8/29/01

In Iraq:

Picture of the gate to his base in Ramadi taken from a Humvee (photo was on Jordan's camera) - Jordan and another Marine were killed when the gate and guard shack (large pile of sandbags to right of gate) were leveled by a truck bomb a few days after this picture was taken:

I like to think that I gave him some motorcycle riding ops on our little dirtbikes and his first 'big bike' experience piloting my TW200 for a short ride in the yard... it sure would be nice to have him around still now that his cousins (my kids) are licensed and riding - I'm sure he would be with them riding his Dad's KLR or VFR. We all miss him dearly.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #160
rlbowers03
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocdog View Post
+1000

My brother, Chris, and his only child - his son, Jordan. Jordan was KIA in Iraq 3 years ago today (right about at this hour).

On the observation deck of the World Trade Center with my daughter, Jess, on 8/29/01

In Iraq:

Picture of the gate to his base in Ramadi taken from a Humvee (photo was on Jordan's camera) - Jordan and another Marine were killed when the gate and guard shack (large pile of sandbags to right of gate) were leveled by a truck bomb a few days after this picture was taken:

I like to think that I gave him some motorcycle riding ops on our little dirtbikes and his first 'big bike' experience piloting my TW200 for a short ride in the yard... it sure would be nice to have him around still now that his cousins (my kids) are licensed and riding - I'm sure he would be with them riding his Dad's KLR or VFR. We all miss him dearly.

I've been to Ramadi and spent time with the Marines there. They took great care of us Army guys.(read that as "spoke slowly and used small words") Americas best!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #161
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
+1000

In Iraq:

I had to burry a few of my friends and many men I did not know wile I was an honor guardsman. I cannot imagine doing that to a family member. God bless him and your family, I look forward to meeting men like him in the here after...
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 AM   #162
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #163
MeanStreaker
KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer: 511
My Dad and I on two generations of Hondas (his 1984 Gold Wing & my 2006 ST1300) taking off for our annual father/son trip a couple years ago through WV:

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom.
MeanStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #164
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
+1000

my brother, chris, and his only child - his son, jordan. Jordan was kia in iraq 3 years ago today (right about at this hour).

playing soldier as a boy:

on the observation deck of the world trade center with my daughter, jess, on 8/29/01

in iraq:

picture of the gate to his base in ramadi taken from a humvee (photo was on jordan's camera) - jordan and another marine were killed when the gate and guard shack (large pile of sandbags to right of gate) were leveled by a truck bomb a few days after this picture was taken:

i like to think that i gave him some motorcycle riding ops on our little dirtbikes and his first 'big bike' experience piloting my tw200 for a short ride in the yard... It sure would be nice to have him around still now that his cousins (my kids) are licensed and riding - i'm sure he would be with them riding his dad's klr or vfr. We all miss him dearly.
look like a fine young man well raised thanks to him and his fam ily for raising him and fior their sacrifice , i have a son in afganistan noe and one that was in iraq . Thanks again and sorry for you loss . AiRBORNE
bzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #165
havocdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbowers03 View Post
I've been to Ramadi and spent time with the Marines there. They took great care of us Army guys.(read that as "spoke slowly and used small words") Americas best!!!
Taking care of people - Jordan was a natural at that... I saw it in the patience and care he showed for his younger cousins (my kids).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
I had to burry a few of my friends and many men I did not know wile I was an honor guardsman. I cannot imagine doing that to a family member. God bless him and your family, I look forward to meeting men like him in the here after...
It must be an emotionally wrenching duty. But know that the honor guardsman are a great comfort to the families of the fallen. Well done!

Thank you both for your service.