User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Rob in Maine OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Motostorm order experience

For anyone in NA that might be thinking of ordering from Motostorm in Italy this is a quick review of my experience....yours might vary :-)

My reason for ordering the Givi Trekker Outback panniers from Europe was to save a few bucks. I'm a cheap New England Yankee and although I love the look of the black Outbacks, I'm not crazy enough to pay $1,200+ sales tax or so for the bags and mounting accessories (Honda NC700x), which is what the local dealers quoted me...

I've ordered from Europe a couple of time before (Fc-Moto, Schuberth C3, Held Gloves) and had good experiences...I placed my order on April 13th for a full set of Givi Outback aluminum 37 liter bags in black and all the mounting hardware for the Honda, including a monokey M7 plate for top case if I ever decide to use one. Put everything on an American Express card just in case this all turned out to be some teenager in his mom's basement w/a $2.99 Go Daddy domain.

Within 24 hours I received an email from American Express that my card was charged $955 without actually being present. No problem.

The Givi web site wasn't too clear on exactly what parts were needed and after a couple of days, I realized I had ordered the incorrect mounts. I immediately sent Motostorm an email and asked them to check for compatibility and to change my order if necessary.

Within 24 hours I receive a reply and indeed I messed up on my original order. Motostorm made the change which resulted in an additional $89 charge due to the higher price of the correct mounting bracket.

Today (April 25) everything I had ordered arrived via FedEx. It was well packed, there were no missing parts ( and there were a LOT of them) and I am very satisfied. The Givi Outbacks mounted up with no problems and look OEM.

I'm was VERY satisfied with the whole process and will be using my savings for fuel, which on the NC700x means about 2,800 miles of riding!

Rob in Maine screwed with this post 04-25-2014 at 08:24 PM
Rob in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
keeper1616
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I'll chime in with my experience. I recently ordered a pair of Alpinestars Toucan boots (they said they were in stock) because they were $200+ cheaper than from any retailer in the US that I could find.

I placed the order Sunday night, got a Fedex tracking number on Monday, and by Wednesday night I was wearing new boots. I know others have had complaints, but it was quick and easy for me!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Motostorm Two Thumbs Up

Found this thread when researching Motostorm. Was leery of overseas shipping and passed on it awhile back, then I saw the post above re the same boots I wanted AND his city was only a few minutes from me. Took it as a good sign.

Excellent communication with Motostorm, fast, well-packed shipping.

Two thumbs up.

Stu
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote