Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #31
b3h
ol dog on a stray

Oddometer: 174
Thumb Got it

Thanks Mark !!!!

Now to get to work. I got the IMS tank so we'll see how it goes. I don't expect any issues unless I create em.

Not lookin forward to drainin the oil in the teens tomorrow in fact I may not and just do a half fast install to make sure it fits with the IMS tank. I gotta take half the bike apart to drain/change the oil otherwise it turns into an environmental disaster.

Please note that I'm old an slow so no promises on gettin this done ASAP. Notice how I have everything neatly laid out on the table for dinner. Now it will have to be carefully moved to the work area and arrainged in a similar neat fashion, then .......

b3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #32
benno.h
cageracer

Oddometer: 437
What's the ETA on the next batch Mark?
I'll step out on a limb here and state that bikes without kick starters are just plain gay, for pansies, ladyboys, and suchlike. Furthermore, they should have to ride at the back, not speak until spoken too, and set everyone else's tents up, then cook and wash up afterwards, before sitting up all night guarding the real men's bikes.
benno.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #33
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by benno.h View Post
What's the ETA on the next batch Mark?
I have been in the shop many hours this week making extra parts while I await delivery of of other goodies.

Many parts are on order. More Jagg coolers, hose clamps, oil line, a few bolts and more guards.

Once I get the guards, I have to finish them, about 3 days of work for that.

I would like to have them ready in about a week.
Doing my best.

Cheers,
Mark
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L
GSMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #34
benno.h
cageracer

Oddometer: 437
Thanks mate, I appreciate the hard work!
I'll step out on a limb here and state that bikes without kick starters are just plain gay, for pansies, ladyboys, and suchlike. Furthermore, they should have to ride at the back, not speak until spoken too, and set everyone else's tents up, then cook and wash up afterwards, before sitting up all night guarding the real men's bikes.
benno.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #35
Tx-Tom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Thumb Got it

There was a box waiting for me on friday when I got in from work. The cooler and mount kit look great. Can tell there was a lot of thought and time put into this.
Thank you Mark.

Read the paper work and had a snack-------Mark the popcorn you sent with the kit-----well you better stick to making motorcycle parts---it did not taste good and even the dog would not eat it---even tried salt and butter....It just tasted yuk!!!!!!

Sorry for the late post be working on a race bike all weekend and no time to mess with the cooler kit for now.

Tx-Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #36
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx-Tom View Post
There was a box waiting for me on friday when I got in from work. The cooler and mount kit look great. Can tell there was a lot of thought and time put into this.
Thank you Mark.

Read the paper work and had a snack-------Mark the popcorn you sent with the kit-----well you better stick to making motorcycle parts---it did not taste good and even the dog would not eat it---even tried salt and butter....It just tasted yuk!!!!!!

Sorry for the late post be working on a race bike all weekend and no time to mess with the cooler kit for now.

You are supposed to heat it in the oven at 450 for 30 minutes.........geeeezzzzzzzz...smarten up Tom...

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #37
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx-Tom View Post
Can tell there was a lot of thought and time put into this. Thank you Mark.

Good the hear. Thanks.

Mark the popcorn you sent with the kit-----well you better stick to making motorcycle parts---it did not taste good and even the dog would not eat it---even tried salt and butter....It just tasted yuk!!!!!!

Techforlife is wrong, those were "packing peanuts" in the box.
It is an old family recipe made using styrofoam and more styrofoam.
I would suggest using duct tape and attaching them to your dog and see if he floats in water.
KTM 990 Adventure Honda CRF450 Supermoto H-D Sportster Streettracker Honda XR650L
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #38
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

XR650L Oil Cooler Update

Today 1-24-11
I received an order of 10 Jagg oil coolers, 25' of oil hose, and a bunch of hose clamps.

Note: The special black hose clamps that are included with the kit are purchased from Jagg. They are top of the line hose clamps and the black color blends in well with the installation. (I wish that I had them on my bike along with the oil cooler guard that comes with the kit. (I am still running the original prototype "spatula" style guard.)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=500646&page=6 see post #90
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #39
N7XW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Thanks for the update Mark.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #40
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
I started the install last night after work. I only got about half way through, but so far so good. It's so nice working from clear well written instructions. One thing though, that black clamp on the frame downtube (clamp, oil pipe, P.N. 15711-MN1-700) , be careful with that, they break really easy.
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #41
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I started the install last night after work. I only got about half way through, but so far so good. It's so nice working from clear well written instructions. One thing though, that black clamp on the frame downtube (clamp, oil pipe, P.N. 15711-MN1-700) , be careful with that, they break really easy.
Well did you finish yet? Pictures buddy. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #42
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
Well did you finish yet? Pictures buddy. Ben
Not finished yet. Too busy with all the wrong (non MC) stuff.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #43
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Huston We Have a Problem!

There is a revision in the instructions.

Do not torque down (to 10nm) the 6mm x 25mm bolts that attaches the oil cooler to the oil cooler mount.

Inmate Haywood had a problem in this step. It looks like I overestimated the torque value of the two bolts going into the oil cooler. I my effort to make this installation as perfect as possible, I used a torque value recommended for 6mm bolts.

I will PM everybody that has a kit with the following instructions:

Revision to page 7, step 12 in the instructions.
1. Do not use Loctite
2. Do not torque to 10mn
3. I suggest running a 6mm x 1.0 bottoming tap into each threaded boss on the oil cooler (using oil). If you are not able to do this, please PM me.
4. Tighten the bolts just enough to collapse the lock washer.
5. Please pay attention to the "note" on this instruction page.

Oil cooler kits to be sold in the next batch will have a revised instruction manual along with the oil cooler threaded bosses inspected and cleaned up.

Please PM me if you have any problems.
If you have installed the cooler without problems, I feel that you will not have to worry about anything. I would suggest that if you have to remove the oil cooler in the future, make sure that it is very warm before you loosen the bolts (to soften the Locktite).

I feel sick about this. My intentions are good, but I tend to over-think things sometimes.

Thanks Haywood for the heads up!

Cheers,
Mark
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #44
GSMark OP
Just Love Bikes

Haywood threw himself on the grenade for everybody. Give him a big hand.
He is a stand-up guy. He is sharp as a tack as well. We talked for a while on the phone today about his problems with MY instructions. He had some GREAT advice and suggestions to rectify the problem.

Thank you!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #45
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMark View Post
Haywood threw himself on the grenade for everybody. Give him a big hand.
He is a stand-up guy. He is sharp as a tack as well. We talked for a while on the phone today about his problems with MY instructions. He had some GREAT advice and suggestions to rectify the problem.

Thank you!
Hey, nothin' to it. We're all here to help each other out, right?