Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #91
dan0 OP
just going with it.

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
-Learn to fix your own damn bike, or sell it...lemon law...please, that's a result of our victim society
This will be last retort and comment, last thing I felt I had to write.

-Fix my own damn bike (That would have meant spending $430+ on a crankshaft for the chipped cam gear - Actually the total repair was $2300 that I didn't have to pay for. So the dealership was a good route there eh?)

-Sell it - It's financed and I see dealerships selling the bike new for what I still owe, kind of tough to compete with that eh?

-Lemon Law - Yes it's a victim BS way to go, but it's legal (I was without it for over 30days, it was 62 days the first visit) And given the fact I should be selling it and getting rid of the damn payment it seems like a damn good alternative.

I guess my situation is just not something I can convey online how I feel, how this job and debt has made me feel. Yes I keep making bad choices, it's a crutch easing the pain that I don't think I can ever have anyone else understand.

So no more updates, no more advice taking, It's my life and if I fuck it up then so be it. Tired of hearing people pick apart everything I write. Adios MF'ers!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #92
The Raven
Banned

Oddometer: 4,813
Funny you mention that...but not the other things I highlighted like:
-You don't need two cars....i don't care how good a deal..again WASTING money
-selling an ATV for a friend?...cool sell your own yet?
-Fired? I guess instead of sucking unemployment..you should be looking for an IT job. You A+ certified at least...I hear Bestbuy is hiring...

On the bike: financed? yeah isn't that the entire root of your issue? Don't you think a $1000 used KLR or DL would have served you better? I financed a KLR and it was stupid...remember I was in your boat too a few years ago. 250k in debt, house, CC cards, student loans, car loans. I used the steps listed in this thread and got myself free. It's not that hard..you just need to take the first step, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and stand on your own two feet.

Yeah, your situation is the American dream...debt, spend debt spend debt, and whine when it can't be solved easily. The first step is realizing you screwed up, and take steps....many good steps listed here and take charge of it.

Sadly I doubt you will......you don't listen to sage advice and then get all defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0 View Post
This will be last retort and comment, last thing I felt I had to write.

-Fix my own damn bike (That would have meant spending $430+ on a crankshaft for the chipped cam gear - Actually the total repair was $2300 that I didn't have to pay for. So the dealership was a good route there eh?)

-Sell it - It's financed and I see dealerships selling the bike new for what I still owe, kind of tough to compete with that eh?

-Lemon Law - Yes it's a victim BS way to go, but it's legal (I was without it for over 30days, it was 62 days the first visit) And given the fact I should be selling it and getting rid of the damn payment it seems like a damn good alternative.

I guess my situation is just not something I can convey online how I feel, how this job and debt has made me feel. Yes I keep making bad choices, it's a crutch easing the pain that I don't think I can ever have anyone else understand.

So no more updates, no more advice taking, It's my life and if I fuck it up then so be it. Tired of hearing people pick apart everything I write. Adios MF'ers!
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #93
RVDan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDan View Post
I wish I had your problem.

You own a house and and a pile of toys and have less than $250000 in debt.

I would like to own a house. If someone would give me a mortgage for a quarter million, I would jump on it. I'd be happy to sell my toys to pay for it.

Sure we all want to just get on the bike and go, but even me without the mortgage or credit card debt can't afford to do it.
Update.

I now have your problem. I found a deal and jumped on it. I now have $300000 in debt

my budget for food, fuel, and entertainment has been cut in half, but now that I legally own my own house with my own garage, \

I'm loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker
You can never have too much hook.
RVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #94
The Raven
Banned

Quote:
Update.

I now have your problem. I found a deal and jumped on it. I now have $300000 in debt

my budget for food, fuel, and entertainment has been cut in half, but now that I legally own my own house with my own garage, \

I'm loving it.
I had your problem...but sold my 150K house...the cost benefit didn't work. I actually enjoy my $2500 10x16 shed more than I ever enjoyed my 30x40 garage. Owning a house with a huge mortgage isn't practical these days.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #95
RVDan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
considering every house around me is upwards of $500000, I consider my $300000 a pretty reasonable mortgage :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker
You can never have too much hook.
RVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #96
The Raven
Banned

Quote:
considering every house around me is upwards of $500000, I consider my $300000 a pretty reasonable mortgage :)
That's the problem with capitalism, your house should be worth 30k while rest should be 50k. But for the support of big biz and profits, materials and labor as well as greed has pushed the cost from something someone could buy with savings, to something that locks them to the capitalist biz machine for 30 years. It's a scary cycle if you step back and look at it critically.

Our friend the OP is the perfect example of our capitalistic machine in motion.

The Raven screwed with this post 05-18-2011 at 04:57 AM
Old 05-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #97
Steez
USMC Infantry

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0 View Post

Grow up dude. You asked for our input, We're telling you our ideas since we actually care about the wellbeing of you, (proven methods that actually work, since we've all been in your shoes to some extent) and basically you're telling us to screw off. I'd keep telling you my thoughts, but I'd probably get banned since we're not in Jo Momma.

Seriously, man up and face life, or it will pass you by
Old 05-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #98
The Raven
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez View Post
grow up dude. You asked for our input, we're telling you our ideas since we actually care about the wellbeing of you, (proven methods that actually work, since we've all been in your shoes to some extent) and basically you're telling us to screw off. I'd keep telling you my thoughts, but i'd probably get banned since we're not in jo momma.

Seriously, man up and face life, or it will pass you by
+100
Old 05-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #99
motosaint
LTLYLTL!

Oddometer: 566
Wow....

+101

Quote:
Originally Posted by the raven View Post
+100

My Adventures

Trip through the American Northwest - Maybe - 2010
San Francisco to San Diego Quickly - 2010
My First Big Mexican Ride - 2009
Northern California for 4 Days - 2008

Current Ride
Suzuki 2002 - DR650 (Anna)

MSF BRC Graduate '07
motosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #100
LasseNC
XSessive!

Oddometer: 1,048
Why not gather all the loans at the bank instead of paying multiple companies?
LasseNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #101
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,236
make no mistake, the bank owns your home for the next 30 years and you're paying them to live in it.
after 30yrs of payments to them then it's then all yours.

Quote:
Update.

I'm loving it.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:02 AM   #102
The Raven
Banned

I guess he did bugger off. Probably had another meltdown, punched his screen and is now shopping at Best Buy for a 36" flatscreen. I imagine he'll get the in store credit to get a meager discount and then come back here and brag about how fiscally responsible he is.....
Old 05-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #103
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseNC View Post
Why not gather all the loans at the bank instead of paying multiple companies?
Over here we call that "debt consolidation." It has merit from the standpoint of simplicity and savings on revolving interest charges.

But I know a guy who has "consolidated" three times without learning to save and plan for purchases by paying cash.

So The problem still comes down to self-discipline and impulse control. If someone gets onto a sound financial footing and works a plan then consolidation does not become a remedial option.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #104
The Raven
Banned

One thing that helped me when I was in that situation was the need to stil have a CC, but made sure to have only 1, and to call up immediately and reduce the limit to something that could be paid off in one month, and have it locked to future automatic increases.

Even if I was an idiot again, I would only be limited to the small limit and would then have to take a further step to really screw myself.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #105
Borderhooner
Captain Phaëton

Oddometer: 65
Seven pages of angst and advice.

I read about 5 lines.

What's this got to do with trip planning?

I think you should be better off talking to a debt counsellor.

You're so hungry for a full life you've borrowed to achieve it and found it's no life at all. Are you scared of being free? You have so many anchors holding you down and you've done this to yourself.

Sell up. Pay off the debts you can. Keep cash to one side. Buy a 6 month visa for India. Fly there. Buy an old motorbike and ride free. Write a journal and take lots of photo's and videos, get a book deal along the way. That will pay for your next adventure.

Break free. Fly solo. Look over the horizon. Change your life.

If you dare.
Borderhooner is offline   Reply With Quote