Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #676
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone-Native View Post
Ah, just throw the old one in back seat.... it's been an odd year for weather, it'll probably be hot and humid down there

You'll do fine, the Bike will do fine, Don't know how the suit will fare, tho

Safe ride down my friend and throw some sand!
Thanks Shawn- cant wait to give you a successful report!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #677
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

got through tech. Helped out a little by volunteering at registration. got some fruit and jerky, and am sitting in the hotel room marveling at the modern wonders of television and putting all the tools and camera crap together.

Local True Value store made me really happy-- I needed a bolt for one of those single pole single throw toggle switches..(I'm using it for my headlights). the one large diameter fine thread thing that holds the thing together...I know I'm crap for explaining it, but the sweet lady behind the counter knew exactly what I was talking about SHe didnt have any sold separately, but broke open a package and gave me one. HOw do I pay for that? I ask. Ah dont worry about it, she says.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #678
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 6,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Ah dont worry about it, she says.

And that's the south for you right there, brother! Wish it was like that in Atlanta....

Good luck tomorrow, hope you'll avoid the rain!!!
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #679
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Thanks Jenna hopefully you'll make it here some time. Next time. I think you'd really dig it... and with those hot new legs you have, now :bestillmyheart

The early entry fee is $260. Regular entry is $300. THere is something called a "2 buddy deal" in which if I bring two new people who have never raced Sandblast before, then I will get a 50% discount on my entry fee. THerefore I'd make you a deal: You and Brad enter and I'll turn my discount back around into your entries. I'll subsidize yall to the tune of whatever, you split $130, or $140. Its not much, but this is fun
Old 02-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #680
Beater
Theory Is Not Enough

Oddometer: 3,022
Quote:
Thanks Jenna hopefully you'll make it here some time. Next time. I think you'd really dig it... and with those hot new legs you have, now :bestillmyheart

The early entry fee is $260. Regular entry is $300. THere is something called a "2 buddy deal" in which if I bring two new people who have never raced Sandblast before, then I will get a 50% discount on my entry fee. THerefore I'd make you a deal: You and Brad enter and I'll turn my discount back around into your entries. I'll subsidize yall to the tune of whatever, you split $130, or $140. Its not much, but this is fun

The Dobber might be a perfect candidate for this ... hummm ...
Beater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #681
Gone-Native
XPLORER

Oddometer: 1,195

I wanna go next year
do they do $100 off if you bring 4
Quote:

Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #682
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post

The Dobber might be a perfect candidate for this ... hummm ...
I was kinda of reserving it for the more financially contentious among me bretherens BUT we can probably work something out you carry my spare parts or something seriously, you serious? we could work something out.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #683
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone-Native View Post

I wanna go next year
do they do $100 off if you bring 4
I wonder if I could double dip the 2 buddy deal youre in, if so. If the weather is anywhere near as decent as it is now, camping will actually be nice for a change, so this could end up being a cheap (sorta) weekend.

oh also- youre going to Black RIver, so start getting ready, now :lol and for another thing, Dave Charlton is slated to run his 1200... if successful he will be the first telelever to finish this great race. No reason he shouldnt, although his TKC's have seem better days. THere really should be something knobbier for the oil and hex heads than a TKC.

30 bikes and 25 or so cars, this is the biggest rally in the US right now. There are 7 stages, totalling 70 race miles, and 113 transit miles. First bike leaves the start at 8:30 am tomorrow

Stagehand screwed with this post 02-03-2012 at 05:55 PM
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #684
russbryant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
go jason go!!!!!!
russbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #685
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

thanks Russ
Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #686
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 6,976
I have no experience riding in sand....I guess I need to get my ass out to the coast for some training! Any rallys at the end of the summer I could race in?

Quote:

hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #687
Beater
Theory Is Not Enough

Oddometer: 3,022
Quote:
I was kinda of reserving it for the more financially contentious among me bretherens BUT we can probably work something out you carry my spare parts or something seriously, you serious? we could work something out.
I am serious. I am also inexperienced, slow, cautious, and ... scared. But I also believe in throwing yourself into the deep end. Sink or swim. These races that you do are timed ... so ... simply finishing will be enough for me. I would love to do this ... if for nothing more than the comradery and experience of it all.

My time is extremely limited. Two little girls, wife, mortgage ... the usual constraints. But my wife is also fully supporive of these things ... so ...

Brad would love to do it to.
Beater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #688
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Well now. We might finally get our own airhead class after all

Jenna, I didnt have any sand experience before I ran this one the first time, either. I too, am scared, slow, cautious. It does get more fun when you get a little sand experience and stop being terrified. Really the worst part about this whole rally thing is the addictiveness> Its like a cross between crack and truffles or something. Ahh hell. I'm just a kid on one of those supermarket storefront rides, riding to imagined glory. You only have to be as fast as fun is, theres nothing in the regs about going faster. The Dobber would probably be a great bike here
Well I got the go pro again, so maybe if i get some decent video again, you'll be able to judge for yourself a little better. It can basically be run as a 200 mile dual sport. And people do. THe Adventure class is for just that... running it without feeling the pressure to be competitive. My personal opinion is why bother, youre going to run the same race, just run it! It will satisfy the little racer in you... the one on the supermarket ride

Oh...no more sand rallies. 1 sand, 1 pavement, and 1, sometimes 2 gravel rallies make up the 3sometimes 4 east coast races. so we'll have to get you some practice somehow other.

Stagehand screwed with this post 02-03-2012 at 08:46 PM
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #689
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,236
I'm definitely still broke, and the bike is too! I reeeaaally wanna do one of these races but a year of unemployment after 4 years of being a broke college kid means I can't afford shoes right now

Good luck, man! At least I'll get to see the videos!

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #690
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP