ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #2791
frozenpoet
Gnarly Adventurer
 
frozenpoet's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Strasburg, va
Oddometer: 187
How much is a chrome kool-aid pitcher?
frozenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #2792
Ginger Beard
I have no soul
 
Ginger Beard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny Northern Cuba (aka: South Florida)
Oddometer: 6,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpoet View Post
How much is a chrome kool-aid pitcher?
couldn't find the MSRP of the chrome version... several internet searches only turned up a satin graphite version from the Touratech catalog... you could probably just divide that number by 2 to find the HOG price.
__________________
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe~
My HD Scram-ster build
Help Save a Pit-Bull
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #2793
TXRKC
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Might as well get a Harley and pickup chicks.
A few years ago I was leaving a bar and had just started up my bike (Road King) and these 2 ladies walk out. One of them asked me if that's my bike (I'm sitting on it and had just started the engine). About that time the waitress came out and said something to her. She told me she'd be right back out and for me to not go anywhere, then both ladies went back inside w/ the waitress. I hadn't spoken one word. I waited about 10 seconds and then rode off alone. Sometimes the bike does break the ice, I guess.
TXRKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #2794
frozenpoet
Gnarly Adventurer
 
frozenpoet's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Strasburg, va
Oddometer: 187
I ride to get away from the woman.
frozenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #2795
pretbek
Studly Adventurer
 
pretbek's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Oddometer: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRKC View Post
A few years ago I was leaving a bar and had just started up my bike (Road King) and these 2 ladies walk out. One of them asked me if that's my bike (I'm sitting on it and had just started the engine). About that time the waitress came out and said something to her. She told me she'd be right back out and for me to not go anywhere, then both ladies went back inside w/ the waitress. I hadn't spoken one word. I waited about 10 seconds and then rode off alone. Sometimes the bike does break the ice, I guess.
So? Was it?
Maybe there was a good reason she went inside and told you not to go anywhere...
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #2796
TXRKC
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
So? Was it?
Maybe there was a good reason she went inside and told you not to go anywhere...
TXRKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #2797
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpoet View Post
Bonus, when I walk into my local Harley dealer .... Cheapest bike on the floor is still pushing $20k.
Time to shed some of that ignorance.
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #2798
frozenpoet
Gnarly Adventurer
 
frozenpoet's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Strasburg, va
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Time to shed some of that ignorance.
That's a true story. I'm not going to claim I looked at every single price tag, and I don't recall seeing any sportsters either. I do know a couple baggers were well over $30k. This dealer is also known for loading up on the accessories as well.
__________________
follow me on twitter @frozenpoet
frozenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #2799
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer
 
SilkMoneyLove's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Oddometer: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpoet View Post
That's a true story. I'm not going to claim I looked at every single price tag, and I don't recall seeing any sportsters either. I do know a couple baggers were well over $30k. This dealer is also known for loading up on the accessories as well.

At my local HD place, the bling bikes are right up front and center.

The sportsters are back or to the side.

The also have a 2nd building just packed full of bikes.

Most of the time they have interesting used bikes too. Oddball collector types that are great low mile examples.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #2800
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur
 
High Country Herb's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Western Sierras
Oddometer: 6,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
IMO, a vstar 650 is the worst bait-and-switch you can find outside of a three-dollar cathouse. They're for sale all day long on CL for half what they cost new, and with less miles than most lawn mowers.

A $20k sportster? This I've got to see. Maybe $15k I could see, if it's a 1200 w/ all the bits...
I know what you mean. I rode a Star Bolt last year at a dealer demo. It couldn't hold a candle to the 2013 Street Glide my co-worker bought a few months ago. Granted, the Star was about $8K, while the year old HD was $22K, but there was no comparison.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #2801
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N
 
catweasel67's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 7,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I know what you mean. I rode a Star Bolt last year at a dealer demo. It couldn't hold a candle to the 2013 Street Glide my co-worker bought a few months ago. Granted, the Star was about $8K, while the year old HD was $22K, but there was no comparison.
Hmm, well, given one was 8k and the other was 22k...I wonder what the 8k bike owner did with the $14,000 he saved...

Here's an orange...and there's a mars bar driving a tractor...

compare..
__________________
Planning NA 2010 NA 2010
Adriatic Loop August 09 Mandello Guzzi Protest Sept 09
"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!!" Jeff
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #2802
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur
 
High Country Herb's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Western Sierras
Oddometer: 6,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
Hmm, well, given one was 8k and the other was 22k...I wonder what the 8k bike owner did with the $14,000 he saved...

Here's an orange...and there's a mars bar driving a tractor...

compare..
I bought an Aprilia and an Audi with my extra money, but I was trying not to rub it in.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #2803
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N
 
catweasel67's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vienna, Austria
Oddometer: 7,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I bought an Aprilia and an Audi with my extra money, but I was trying not to rub it in.
lol
__________________
Planning NA 2010 NA 2010
Adriatic Loop August 09 Mandello Guzzi Protest Sept 09
"I've got the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!!" Jeff
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #2804
scfrank
I'm back - sort of.
 
scfrank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcig View Post
Unbelievable! Here's a quote from HD's Australia CEO.
"With the support of an enthusiastic team, the ANZ Harley-Davidson business has been transformed over the past 5 years to be the clear leader in the industry. At the end of 2013 record sales of 8857 were achieved, with a record market share of 30%. New records were also set in parts and accessory sales, workshop efficiency & productivity, CSI, and employee satisfaction, retail finance almost doubled. Redevelopments or upgrades were completed across 80% of the dealer network.."
Tiny market in comparison to the US however, still lucrative business for Milwaukee..
There are that many bikes sold in Greenville/Spartanburg SC counties. Including HD.

Not a big metro area.
__________________
"Have you guessed the riddle yet?" the Hatter said.

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #2805
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer
 
UnsureFooting's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
At my local HD place, the bling bikes are right up front and center.

The sportsters are back or to the side.

The also have a 2nd building just packed full of bikes.

Most of the time they have interesting used bikes too. Oddball collector types that are great low mile examples.
No joke. My local Harley shop had one of those military Harley dirt bikes for sale for a while. Complete with original cases!
UnsureFooting is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014