User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 04:55 AM   #1
wfopete OP
Suffer Fools; Gladly!

Oddometer: 451
2nd Annual Anti Black Friday Ride

The Adventure Riders of Arkansas will host the 2nd Annual ABFR this 28th of November (duh). This is a dual sport ride and a great opportunity to thumb your nose at all those spending their time shopping or other worthless post-Thanksgiving day activities. The ABFR will offer two routes, small bike and big bike. Recommended for the small bike is 650 or smaller; big bike 650 and larger. However...if you ride the small bike loop on anything bigger than a 400 you need to be good. I would label this route as a "B" level or higher. The small bike ride will have a loop of around 70 miles and will consist of a tiny amount of pavement, some forest roads and lots of trail. Your small bike not street legal? Shouldn't be much of an issue, I'm leading the small bikes on my KTM300 and I don't have any lights so you know I want to get back before dark. The big bike ride is a little more flexible depending on the riders that show. Generally it focuses more on forest roads and pavement. The Small Bikes and the Big Bikes will meet up about 1/2 hour after we start so if the route is a bit much you can join the big bikes on their route. We incorporate several "Bail Out" points along the route if a rider decides it's time to get back home. If we get a toad strangler all bets are off but it could provide for some interesting stories.

This year we will incorporate a Poker Run on the Small Bike ride and the top three winning hands get gift certificates. Big bike route will have a few prizes too.

The ABFR starts at the TAT Shak about 9 miles north of Dover, AR. Tentative start time at 9:00 a.m. rain or shine. There is limited parking at the Shak BUT Longpool campground is just down the road for those who wish to camp or just park for the day and unload.

What/where is a TAT Shak? Go here: http://www.tat-shak.com/

Look for this sign:

For more info see our FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/512869425465801/

If you plan to attend or have any questions please post on the ABFR thread on our FB page.

If you don't do FB you can email me at wfopete@aol.com

RIDING the TAT? CHECK IT OUT:

TAT SHAK

wfopete screwed with this post Today at 04:54 PM
wfopete is online now   Reply With Quote