User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 AM   #1561
whittrated03
Steady Rollin' Man

Oddometer: 221
Waco here...

Phillip from Waco hear.....I ride a 03' Fz1 and log around 20k a year. We ride alot in the hill country and I'm always looking for others to join. . I've been itching for a big bend trip!!
whittrated03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #1562
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapper View Post
If you do something out SHNF way, hit me up. I'm in Groveton, and I've been wanting to head that way too.
Will do as long as you do the same. I'm in Lufkin btw.

How's the riding in the NF just north of you? I think it's Davy Crocket NF.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #1563
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 937
Wow, that sounds even worse than usual for Paul. Are you behind on your MGD contributions?? I've managed to stay on good terms with him and he treats me right, but this seems a bit much. Regardless, I like that bike. 1986 or close? My XL was an '86, absolutely pristine until I smacked it into the side of a car in 1992.... and then my brother got drunk and hit a barbed wire fence with it at speed. That pretty much finished it off.

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikejones View Post
Thanks for the additional forum suggestions Justin, I'll check'em out.

The guy I got this bike from said the previous owner had the top end rebuilt recently at Zabors.

Of course when I called Zabor to ask some questions, I got the typical Zabor third degree....Why do you want to buy a 25 year old bike? I haven't had a bike like that in here in years! CLICK (sound of phone hanging up) I like it when people are direct and tell you what is on their minds.

Don't know if I can make it to Billy's that soon but good luck in Oregon.
K_N_Fodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #1564
Thrasherg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
New member in Austin

Just saying hello to everyone.. Have been riding dirt bikes with my wife for many years, now getting into Dual sport so we can investigate more trails and parks.. Currently own a CRF230F and a YZ426, hoping to get the CRF230F road legal for the wife and I want to get a CRF450X and make it road legal for me (unless it's too difficult, then I will get a XR650).. Will be interesting to see how easy/difficult it is here in Texas to register dirt bikes for road use!! We moved from France to Austin with our 2 daughters (11 & 13) who both ride XR100's, and my wife and I hope to ride the TAT next year!! Just purchased the maps from Sam, should be nice to get away for a few weeks without the kids, just women, motorbikes and dirt trails..

Any suggestions about getting the bikes road legal in Texas would be very welcome!! I bought the CRF without a title (Just bill of Sale) so that might be an issue, will contact the seller to see if he every had a title and if he will apply for a lost title!! Fingers crossed..

Gary
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #1565
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
Just saying hello to everyone.. Have been riding dirt bikes with my wife for many years, now getting into Dual sport so we can investigate more trails and parks.. Currently own a CRF230F and a YZ426, hoping to get the CRF230F road legal for the wife and I want to get a CRF450X and make it road legal for me (unless it's too difficult, then I will get a XR650).. Will be interesting to see how easy/difficult it is here in Texas to register dirt bikes for road use!! We moved from France to Austin with our 2 daughters (11 & 13) who both ride XR100's, and my wife and I hope to ride the TAT next year!! Just purchased the maps from Sam, should be nice to get away for a few weeks without the kids, just women, motorbikes and dirt trails..

Any suggestions about getting the bikes road legal in Texas would be very welcome!! I bought the CRF without a title (Just bill of Sale) so that might be an issue, will contact the seller to see if he every had a title and if he will apply for a lost title!! Fingers crossed..

Gary
Hmmm... English? guy... lived in France... moved to Austin... riding a YZ426 with a wife on a CRF230.... Yeah I think that's the Gary I met last week. With that bio it's hard to confuse you for someone else.

See you at Billy's on Thursday?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #1566
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post

Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Hmmm... English? guy... lived in France... moved to Austin... riding a YZ426 with a wife on a CRF230.... Yeah I think that's the Gary I met last week. With that bio it's hard to confuse you for someone else.

See you at Billy's on Thursday?
Yeah, at least he uses the same username on both sites so you have a chance of figuring out who it is, Mr Coolhand.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #1567
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
Yeah, at least he uses the same username on both sites so you have a chance of figuring out who it is, Mr Coolhand.
Yeah, well "Coolhand" was snagged by some other schmuck 2 years before I joined :)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #1568
Thrasherg
Adventurer

See you at Billy's!! Fortunately there is only one of me!!

Gary
Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #1569
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,367
Not sure how many Texans are coming up for SLAP May 21, but...

Time left to order SLAP T-shirts: LINK

DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #1570
HumbleRider
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Checking in from Crosby, TX

Got a new Versys and prepping it for adventure.

The ST was okay but not a lot of fun.
HumbleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #1571
Thrasherg
Adventurer

Sounds like fun, but from the pictures it looks like you need a dual sport?? My goldwing is probably not a good choice for it?

Gary
Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #1572
jimbowie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Memorial Day in Fredericksburg

My wife and I will be in Fredericksburg on Memorial Day weekend. We will be riding down to Camp Wood and that general area. Anyone want to ride or meet us for lunch?
jimbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #1573
lddave
been there

Oddometer: 479
Texas Adventure Riders

Stop at the bbq joint called Two Fat Boys in Camp Wood some of the best bbq in Texas. If you make it to Rock Springs King Burger is good also.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #1574
sahtt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hey guys another austinite here. Please shoot me a PM if you have a trip to south america in the works this upcoming December/January and is interested in company. I did austin to alaska round trip in 2009 and and am ready to head south.
sahtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #1575
FadedGenes
n00b

Oddometer: 8
nOob from Magnolia

I live near Magnolia NW of Houston. Do a Big Bend ride once or twice a year. Ride a couple of Apes (Aprilia 750 and Falco). Otherwise, just another old slo' guy...
FadedGenes is offline   Reply With Quote