Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #796
AndyT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22
andy, klantz, walks, et al
anyone up this morning? ride today? its actually good weather for a ride despite very small chance of wet.

buzz me5127874921 if you are out
Would have loved to , but was out in Junction on the texas adventure ride. Interesting group of about 100 riders, just guessing on the number. Lots of gravel roads in the area. Maybe next time.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #797
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
Would have loved to , but was out in Junction on the texas adventure ride. Interesting group of about 100 riders, just guessing on the number. Lots of gravel roads in the area. Maybe next time.
Are you the Andy that was riding the XR? That joined me (DRZ) and my friends on the KTM and the WR for a while on Friday?

If so, I have a couple of pictures of you from Loop 3 and lunch.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #798
AndyT
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher
Are you the Andy that was riding the XR? That joined me (DRZ) and my friends on the KTM and the WR for a while on Friday?

If so, I have a couple of pictures of you from Loop 3 and lunch.
Different Andy, but I know who you are talking about. If you would send me the pictures, I will make sure he gets them, I know he would appreciate it. I had to work Friday, and was only there Friday night and Saturday. I was on an army green KLR.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #799
jettech01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Randy Here From Houston area (North West side of Houston) I ride an '07 GS Adventure Would love to hear more from anyone going to or recently come from the Big Bend area........New to Texas and am ready to explore.
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #800
cycliac
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettech01
Randy Here From Houston area (North West side of Houston) I ride an '07 GS Adventure Would love to hear more from anyone going to or recently come from the Big Bend area........New to Texas and am ready to explore.
Hi Randy,

My long time friend and I got back from BB (Apr. 11-15). Here is a link to some pics. http://pej.smugmug.com/gallery/2731761 I'm in the lite colored shirt.

We trucked the bikes because he had to take and pick up some bike parts. And we're old :-(

If you go, there's a former BMW mechanic that has a shop in Study Butte, Ralph Belmar owner Cycletek, in case of trouble or need tires or just good info on the area.

We're going to the New Ulm, Tx. rally May 18-20.

Phil

cycliac screwed with this post 05-01-2007 at 02:08 PM
cycliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #801
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Different Andy, but I know who you are talking about. If you would send me the pictures, I will make sure he gets them, I know he would appreciate it. I had to work Friday, and was only there Friday night and Saturday. I was on an army green KLR.
Ah, then are you the Andy that did the trip to SA? I think you were eating at Cooper's at the table right next to me on Friday night. Here's a link to the pictures: Texas Adventure Ride The other Andy is in several of them.

1999 DR650
Old 05-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #802
qwazimoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
woodbutcher i met you guys on the corner of hwy 41 and 377 on friday, i was on a silver dl1k. thanx for warning me about the bumpgates on cr310 and cr350 ..i rode cr310 from just north of the little air strip down to cr350 over the two water crossings and back to barksdale. i was alone so the bumpgates were interesting.i ended up staying down in camp wood that night(sat) and camping (stealth camping) west of bandera the night i met yall(fri)
qwazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #803
AndyT
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher
Ah, then are you the Andy that did the trip to SA? I think you were eating at Cooper's at the table right next to me on Friday night. Here's a link to the pictures: Texas Adventure Ride The other Andy is in several of them.
Yep, that was me. I had to work on Friday, so I went straight to Cooper's afterward .
Old 05-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #804
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwazimoto
woodbutcher i met you guys on the corner of hwy 41 and 377 on friday, i was on a silver dl1k. thanx for warning me about the bumpgates on cr310 and cr350 ..i rode cr310 from just north of the little air strip down to cr350 over the two water crossings and back to barksdale. i was alone so the bumpgates were interesting.i ended up staying down in camp wood that night(sat) and camping (stealth camping) west of bandera the night i met yall(fri)
great, glad you saw some of that dirt road...and found a place to stay. For the rest of you, he was on a loaded dl1000 with street tires.

And yes, we came across some bump gates on saturday that were so heavy I just spun my tire trying to push them open. I could hardly hold it standing there. I was wondering how I would have done them without any help. Good job tackling that yourself.

1999 DR650
Old 05-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #805
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yep, that was me. I had to work on Friday, so I went straight to Cooper's afterward .
Great, another face I can associate with a screen name. We didn't hang around Cooper's too long. My back was starting to protest. A quick stop at the Lazy T to visit and a Blizzard from DQ and it was off to the bed and some sleep.

1999 DR650
Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #806
jettech01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Hi Randy,

My long time friend and I got back from BB (Apr. 11-15). Here is a link to some pics. http://pej.smugmug.com/gallery/2731761 I'm in the lite colored shirt.

We trucked the bikes because he had to take and pick up some bike parts. And we're old :-(

If you go, there's a former BMW mechanic that has a shop in Study Butte, Ralph Belmar owner Cycletek, in case of trouble or need tires or just good info on the area.

We're going to the New Ulm, Tx. rally May 18-20.

Phil

Thanks Phil, Pics look great......I can't wait to get out there sometime soon.
jettech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:13 AM   #807
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,672
hey did you or someone else here make that two day DS ride around Junction? What was the place [motel or ??] that was suggested for accomodations? I'm trying to get free to spend a couple of days in that area and to the west... thx for tips
z

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwazimoto
Zapp22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #808
Trail Boss
World's fastest slowrider

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22
hey did you or someone else here make that two day DS ride around Junction? What was the place [motel or ??] that was suggested for accomodations? I'm trying to get free to spend a couple of days in that area and to the west... thx for tips
z
Zapp,

Our ride HQ was the Lazy T motel. The new managers were very pleased to have us stay there. The rooms are not fancy but they are clean and the prices reasonable.

We also had riders staying at the Legends Motel and also at Hill's Motel. I didn't get any complaints from any of the riders that stayed at either of these places. I understand they are clean and priced reasonably.

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there" - tricepilot

Texas Adventure
Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #809
LostRider
Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer: 237
Chris here in Austin.

I ride a R1200GS and just love to get it dirty!
LostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #810
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_
Zapp,

Our ride HQ was the Lazy T motel. The new managers were very pleased to have us stay there. The rooms are not fancy but they are clean and the prices reasonable.

We also had riders staying at the Legends Motel and also at Hill's Motel. I didn't get any complaints from any of the riders that stayed at either of these places. I understand they are clean and priced reasonably.
I was at the Legends hotel and they were very nice folks there. Not the fanciest rooms, but a good price, clean and quiet.

1999 DR650