Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #106
cyclecat
half post a day wonder

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagiva549
2nd Cypress rider checkin , just discovered this thread tonite it moves to the top of the list NAG gets no. 2 .
Well to you too.

This is a Texas-wide thread. NAG is an Austin-centric thread that any Texan (or other interested person from anywhere else) is free to join in. This one probably better serves Texas discussion. NAG can go back to being a gathering place for anyone close enough (or crazy enough) to want to ride in for an occasional lunch or drink together.

Back to work....
Old 01-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #107
cagiva549
whats a cagiva

Oddometer: 2,454
Thumb Nag

Nothing against Nag I like it enjoyed lunch in Lulling last month the bike nites are a little too far for winter rides . NAG was the best site on ADrider till found this thread. SEYA
05 ST3 duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing my geezer ride
cagiva549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:25 AM   #108
ThirdCoast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV-KLR
Another Cypress area rider checking in looking for dual sport rides... even some single track to get the KLR dirty. Upcoming BB trips sound very interesting... will have to keep the calendar open.Kenny
Have you done any long highway miles on your KLR? I had the pleasure to get off of my 1150GS in the copper canyon and trade bikes with a buddy. His KLR was just such a relief in the dirt and rocks. It was just so easy to ride. Not fast, very slow in fact, but that was exactly what we needed at the time. I love my 1150GS, but a dirt bike it is not.

I'm looking now to sell my Goldwing and buy a thumper. I lean towards the F650 Dakar; though, reports here say that it sucks in the dirt. It can't suck much more than my 1150GS. Not flames asked for here, because I am not talking casual dirt riding, but serious off road. That copper canyon trip kicked my ass, but worse than that, I was holding my buddies back and they were on Thumpers.

We had to trailer to the border because they were on Thumpers; that is the part that I want to avoid, the trailer part.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:28 PM   #109
KV-KLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
ThirdCoast -- no really long highway trips as of yet, just a couple 100 mile trips. I would not ride it from Houston on I-10 to BB , that's for sure, but only because it tends to get blown around pretty easy with the big trucks and such. I wouldn't hesitate long with a well planned trip on the lesser travelled roads with well timed rests for the buttocks... I hear aftermarket seat makes this much more doable.

It is no Goldwing or GS on the pavement but it more than makes up the difference off road.
KV-KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:59 AM   #110
Ranger835
Are We There Yet?

Oddometer: 49
San Marcos - KLR

Another San Marcos rider checking in.
Ranger835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #111
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,208
I aint not Texan but close, Las Cruces NM. Just came back from a quick pavement ride to Big bend and have done dual sporting there. BTW there is some nasty construction just W of Terlinga, good for dirt riders. I'm always interested for riding in the BB terlingua area. Got a V Strom, a 650L (for sale) and a dual-sported 520MXC.
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #112
ThirdCoast
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barko1
I aint not Texan but close, Las Cruces NM. Just came back from a quick pavement ride to Big bend and have done dual sporting there. BTW there is some nasty construction just W of Terlinga, good for dirt riders. I'm always interested for riding in the BB terlingua area. Got a V Strom, a 650L (for sale) and a dual-sported 520MXC.
We plan to head out that way the weekend of February 18th, unless some really ugly weather comes up. How far is Las Cruces NM from there?
Old 02-02-2005, 05:41 AM   #113
DWalt
**** The Beans....

Oddometer: 3,752
Hey my Texas neighbors, I don't want to hijack yalls thread..........

Check out the details of the "Beast Feast" over in JoMomma, most of you are close enough to make it!!!

Hijack over!!
DWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:42 AM   #114
DWalt
**** The Beans....

Hey my Texas neighbors, I don't want to hijack yalls thread..........

Check out the details of the "Beast Feast" over in JoMomma, most of you are close enough to make it!!!

Hijack over!!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:48 AM   #115
DWalt
**** The Beans....

Fu@k me,

didn't mean to double post, my connection in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico (drilling rig) sucks. I thought it had dropped me off!!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:22 AM   #116
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,208
BB is about 375 GPS miles, 400 V Strom miles from Las Cruces. River Road is a little messy right now but still worthy. Fort Davis roads are great and an interesting place to stay in the area is Balmorrhea State park just off I10, Giant natural spring/pool. Bring you suit it's always 78.
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:17 AM   #117
roberts
GS'er

Oddometer: 445
A friend and I will be in the Big Bend/Terlingua area Feb. 16-20th. We will both be on black GS-Adventures, and another friend on a silver GS-Adventure might end up going also. If you see us, flag us down. We will be camping near Terlingua a couple of nights, and hopefully at the Cottonwood campground a few nights. If you stop by the porch in Terlingua to have a beer and watch
the sunset we will probably be there.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdCoast
We plan to head out that way the weekend of February 18th, unless some really ugly weather comes up. How far is Las Cruces NM from there?
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #118
Desert Skies
One brick shy...

Oddometer: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
A friend and I will be in the Big Bend/Terlingua area Feb. 16-20th. We will both be on black GS-Adventures, and another friend on a silver GS-Adventure might end up going also. If you see us, flag us down. We will be camping near Terlingua a couple of nights, and hopefully at the Cottonwood campground a few nights. If you stop by the porch in Terlingua to have a beer and watch
the sunset we will probably be there.

Robert
We'll look for ya, don't know what color ThirdCoast's is but mine is a dark blue 1200GS with Jesse cases.
Tripn' with Tom Some pictures ZZ Rider - Tom Lowry Texas Blue - Tom Lowry

Desert Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 AM   #119
ThirdCoast
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Skies
We'll look for ya, don't know what color ThirdCoast's is but mine is a dark blue 1200GS with Jesse cases.
I have the nanner yeller 1150GS with jesse cases... Sounds like west texas will be full of GS's...
Old 02-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #120
The Dude
Just Love To Ride

Oddometer: 442
The Woodlands Texas checking in GS1150
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote