User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #106
Tist
n00b

Oddometer: 3
??

I have a couple questions on the second page am I supposed to fill the blanks in or leave blank? If I'm supposed to leave the top section blank do I fill out the bottom section that has a red rectangle? Last question when I get the transferable registration and tag and I take them to my local DMV what do I say if they ask why the registration is Vermont registration? I know they most likely will ask so I need a good excuse to tell them. Thanks!
Tist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #107
luniz7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukitsman View Post
I have a couple questions on the second page am I supposed to fill the blanks in or leave blank? If I'm supposed to leave the top section blank do I fill out the bottom section that has a red rectangle? Last question when I get the transferable registration and tag and I take them to my local DMV what do I say if they ask why the registration is Vermont registration? I know they most likely will ask so I need a good excuse to tell them. Thanks!
See post #72 on page 8. I laid out everything I filled out. When you get the registration just go to the dmv and tell them you bought the bike from Vermont. They might ask for other stuff but it's not needed. In CO you are required to have proof of insurance to title a bike. Like mentioned earlier, just tell them you bought it from Vermont and tell them that Vermont doesn't title bikes 15 years or older. They will go look it up. Then you will have to pay taxes and everything and your title will be issued.

luniz7 screwed with this post 09-03-2012 at 08:20 PM
luniz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #108
Tist
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luniz7 View Post
See post #72 on page 8. I laid out everything I filled out. When you get the registration just go to the dmv and tell them you bought the bike from Vermont. They might ask for other stuff but it's not needed. In CO you are required to have proof of insurance to title a bike. Like mentioned earlier, just tell them you bought it from Vermont and tell them that Vermont doesn't title bikes 15 years or older. They will go look it up. Then you will have to pay taxes and everything and your title will be issued.

I filled out the first page just like you said on post #72 but there is a second page that looks almost like the first one. Do I need to fill any of that out? Do I just send the second page to them blank? Thanks for your help!!
Tist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #109
luniz7
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukitsman View Post
I filled out the first page just like you said on post #72 but there is a second page that looks almost like the first one. Do I need to fill any of that out? Do I just send the second page to them blank? Thanks for your help!!
You don't need to fill out the second page. That's for a transfer I believe.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #110
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lnutz View Post
now here is an even trickier question so let me start with the back story.

My buddy is building me a frame for a motor that I have titled to a 73 honda cb 750.

Now the current frame that it sits in the frame vin does not match the title vin. AT ALL not even the years are the same cause the vin tag says its a 74

SO..........now here in lies the problem. the frame has no title. My idea is this I can make my own vin tag from the numbers on the title. the question is what metal do I use to make the tag and if that does not work how do i go about getting the frame titled?????????????????????????

I live in INdiana and the frame is coming from the west so what do I do??????????/
On a cb 750 the vin is on both the frame and motor. If your title matches the motor and you have a receipt for the frame, you will want to go to the bmv website and print out some forms for a homemade vehicle. I went through this with a trailer and can post more details when I get home.

I think this is the one you need. http://www.in.gov/bmv/2664.htm

Scroll down a ways, there is a pic here that shows where your vin should be. http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=74621.0

Tuna Helper screwed with this post 09-04-2012 at 07:43 PM
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #111
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Quote:
Colorado title will arrive at my house in 4-6 weeks. This works people!
Glad to hear it! I never tried with my 76 kz750b because when I looked at the Vermont bmv website it talked about scooters under 300ccs, but didn't mention anything bigger.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #112
luniz7
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
Glad to hear it! I never tried with my 76 kz750b because when I looked at the Vermont bmv website it talked about scooters under 300ccs, but didn't mention anything bigger.
No it definitely works with bikes over 300ccs
Old 09-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #113
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
It's pretty easy in Michigan. Just pick up papers from SOS/DMV, cops verify VIN, back to SOS/DMV and good to go.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
Which forms? I don't reside in MI, but I do own property there.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #114
isu2014
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Do I need a notarized bill of sale for this or will just a properly filled out bill of sale work? I have a 1970 CT70H. Also, did anyone actually call someone at the DMV before mailing the stuff or just filled out the papers and sent it in and prayed?
isu2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #115
Spitfire151
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Do I need a notarized bill of sale for this or will just a properly filled out bill of sale work? I have a 1970 CT70H. Also, did anyone actually call someone at the DMV before mailing the stuff or just filled out the papers and sent it in and prayed?

Mine was not notarized and it worked.
Spitfire151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #116
Ibenhad
n00b

Oddometer: 4
My plate with a T (temp) sticker came yesterday. Now I just wait for the actual registration to see if it's trans or non.
Ibenhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #117
der_saeufer
?איפה בירה

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Vermont doesn't require notarization on vehicle documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibenhad View Post
My plate with a T (temp) sticker came yesterday. Now I just wait for the actual registration to see if it's trans or non.
There's no such thing as a non-transferrable registration in Vermont, because the registration isn't an ownership document. To sell it in Vermont, you'd simply give the buyer a signed bill of sale, assuming we're talking about a non-titled vehicle.
der_saeufer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #118
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,064
So, I got everything bac today with a letter asking to prove it has been made road legal. They also crossed out CRE and put Honda? i guess I will call them in the morning cause it isnt a cr250 it is a cre260
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #119
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Quote:
This might help some people out with what to do on the form. Remember this is for a 15+ year old motorcycle. Im not sure what you would do for something newer. You need to fill out the following boxes on form #TA-VD-119.

1A- will be NEW
1B
3C
4A- will be you as the owner, ignore the VT DL
5B- will be the seller you bought it from
6A- purchase price of the bike and the 6% tax of the purchase price
8- sign and date
9- Registration fee. $44.00. Take the tax amount from 6A. You will fill out Registration, Tax, and the Total Fees.

Send completed Vermont registration form, check for the fee (made out to Vermont DMV, VIN verification form, and bill of sale to 120 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05603-0001.
question - Do they contact the seller at all? I have no idea who the former registered owner was, as it had been sold with no title a couple times before I bought my bike.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #120
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
question - Do they contact the seller at all? I have no idea who the former registered owner was, as it had been sold with no title a couple times before I bought my bike.
No. My "seller" was a buddy of mine. I was his seller.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote