Old 10-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #181
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,500
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
How are you liking the Terra so far??
Well this kind of tells the whole story Dan.

KTM 690 Enduro 2014
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #182
nibby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Anyone know if the wolfman racks work better than the sw motech evo quick release or do they hold the bags the same?
Thinking of the sw to quickly take off when at camp to do a days hard off road when the less weight on the bike the better then when heading home quickly snap the racks back on. The sw motech seem a little easier for this situation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
nibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #183
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibby View Post
Anyone know if the wolfman racks work better than the sw motech evo quick release or do they hold the bags the same?
Thinking of the sw to quickly take off when at camp to do a days hard off road when the less weight on the bike the better then when heading home quickly snap the racks back on. The sw motech seem a little easier for this situation?

I'm not familiar with the sw moteck racks-----------but what I do know, as I have the wolfman expedition bags and racks on 3 of my bikes is that it takes 7 seconds to remove the bags completely from the wolfman racks----------11 seconds to put back on. The wolfman expedition racks are made specifically for the wolfman expedition bags of course-----and probably wouldn't work at all for other bags----or poorly.

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #184
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:

I used the bags on both Wolfman and S-Motech racks. They work well on both. The SW-Motech have the benefit of being quickly removable, and with the Winding Roads Adaptor Plate the bags can be fitted without need the straps to go over the seat, and can also take the Rotopax fuel packs as the Wolfman racks can.

If you are planning to ride off road then I'd say the Wolfman racks are the way to go as they are a one piece design. With the bags off, the Wolfman racks are a snugger fit to the bike, but obviously, you can remove the SW-Motech's completely if you wish. But for road use only, then there's not much in it.

For some bikes like the Transalp and Tenere which are not available in the US, there will not be Wolfman racks available for them anyway, in which case, SW-Motech would be the way to go.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #185
nibby
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the reply guys.
Joe yes was thinking of the winding roads plates and if doing any serious off road like the idea of taking the racks off and leaving them at camp. Are both ok for filtering in traffic?
Cheers

Old 10-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #186
Joe Bar
Middle England

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys.
Joe yes was thinking of the winding roads plates and if doing any serious off road like the idea of taking the racks off and leaving them at camp. Are both ok for filtering in traffic?
Cheers

No problem with filtering in traffic, you just need to remember they're there.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #187
nibby
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice one. Now I just need to decide what colour
:cool:

Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #188
slowpoke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
I want a set of WM, but my hard cans came in handy changing that front tire out.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #189
nomad5326
Xventurous

Oddometer: 298
Cant say enough about them! I do use them w/Pelican style 1450 cases inside to protect my cooking stoves/tablet,etc and have had no issues. They take falls very well and have so far never ripped/tore/broke. You could probably reinforce the inside as others have done, but I just like dropping cases inside when I feel the need. I also route the top straps under the seat and for lockup I run a 8' HD bike cable through the rotopax, WM bags and the wheel. More of a deterent if anything.

nomad5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #190
joughton
jdog

Oddometer: 8
nice colour dakar

[/QUOTE]

Damn, even lying down, that dakar looks sweet. Wish the Sertao came in that colour.
Have been wondering how those wolfman racks would stand up to a fall, but it looks like they do pretty nicely.
joughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #191
nomad5326
Xventurous

Oddometer: 298
Rattlecan Flat Black... I think the Sertao is just too new for folks to start tinkering with its paint and suspension.
nomad5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #192
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,751
nice lyrics in that song Big Dog!
10 Yamaha FJR 1300
Fast1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #193
1994klr250
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Could someone measure the size of the hoop that the saddlebags attach to? I have some tubing from a previous project and I want to build a set of racks for my klr250 to put these bags on. I just need the length and height of the hoop, Thanks.

1994 KLR250, 2009 F800GS, 2006 KLX351
1994klr250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #194
Rocks58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar View Post
I used the bags on both Wolfman and S-Motech racks. They work well on both. The SW-Motech have the benefit of being quickly removable, and with the Winding Roads Adaptor Plate the bags can be fitted without need the straps to go over the seat, and can also take the Rotopax fuel packs as the Wolfman racks can.

If you are planning to ride off road then I'd say the Wolfman racks are the way to go as they are a one piece design. With the bags off, the Wolfman racks are a snugger fit to the bike, but obviously, you can remove the SW-Motech's completely if you wish. But for road use only, then there's not much in it.

For some bikes like the Transalp and Tenere which are not available in the US, there will not be Wolfman racks available for them anyway, in which case, SW-Motech would be the way to go.
Joe Bar

Any problems with the Wolfman bags using the Winding Roads Adaptor Plate? Thinking of using this setup to eliminate the need for seat straps. The folks at Wolfman were pretty adamant about always using the seat straps, so I would like to know your experience without them. Thanks!
Rocks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #195
Joe Bar
Middle England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks58 View Post
Any problems with the Wolfman bags using the Winding Roads Adaptor Plate? Thinking of using this setup to eliminate the need for seat straps. The folks at Wolfman were pretty adamant about always using the seat straps, so I would like to know your experience without them. Thanks!
The guys at Wolfman are correct - you still need the seat straps. The adaptor plates do not remove the need to use the seat straps, it merely re-routes them. The over seat straps on the bags are there to support the weight of the bags, the horizontal straps on the bags give the security and stability, stopping the bags from flapping around and moving.

Using the adaptor plates allows you to re-route straps and support the weight of each bag individually, directly on to the pannier frame, removing the need for the strap to pass over the seat, and are pre-drilled for mounting Rotopax if needed. Doing this neatly removes the large buckles from the seat, making life much easier for the pillion, though Wolfman now do straps without buckles as well if needed.