Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #76
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergut View Post
Meaning you are a secret KLR lover...KLR's seem to be not real welcomed on this site.

sorry dude, your making no sense. What was done thats not welcomed?
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #77
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
sorry dude, your making no sense. What was done thats not welcomed?
Don't think that's what he was getting at. I think that point was that the "KLR solution" is usually cheap and utterly effective compared to the "KTM/BMW solution" which is the highest cost option possible that may or may not really work.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #78
sonoran
null device

Oddometer: 22,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I have the happy trails racks with the Wolfman Expedition bags... I wanted to keep my bags on my bike all the time. The problem with the bags is they have no form to them without anything in them. So I wanted to add something to inside of them to add some form to the bags. I chose a 5 gallon plastic trash can to do the job. Description and pics below. So far I am happy with the set up!

I cut the top off and cut a slit down the side so I could fit them inside the bags.

I left trash cans inside the bags for a few days and realized the sharp edges were somewhat showing through on the bags so I added duck tape to the edges to get rid of the sharp edges.

Final product.
That's absolutely KLR.

The stock stiffeners are the weak point with these bags. I wish they were laminated into the vinyl so they don't curl up and become a PIA to deal with.
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #79
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,904
Earlier this year he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanluggage View Post
The Racks are bike specific. Designed to fit on the designed bike. You would be better off either getting raw hoops from Berg, or Getting Racks like Hepco-Becker or something and use our "Other " Kit to attach the bags.

E
I'm planning to start touring in a couple of years on my trusty R60/5 and I've decided ot tote stuff in soft bags, notably Wolfmans. With a bike that old I'm not going to be able to get plug-and-play racks, so I'm either going to get a pair of used Krauser/HB/or whatever hard case racks for the /5 and adapt them to the Wolfman bags or get a set of raw Hoops and adapter kit from Wolfman.

Does anyone have a /5,/6, or /7 with Wolfman bags? I'd like to see some pics or read first-hand reports.

Thanks...
Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #80
Tirpse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
I have had Wolfman bags for two year now and rode to Mongolia with them. Absolutely great products. Two of our group had wolfman bags and bags saw some dropping of bikes and few crashes and lastes more than well. After trip i had two punctures in other bag due falldown in rocky road but they were repaired easily by gluing some new vinyl over bag.

No stiching is loose and beside black color what stuck from spare tyres to bags they look almost like brand new even after 20 000 km.

And beside that they are very good quality you bring less items as you can use them as washing machine during breaks other bag had washing powder&warm water and other bag clean water. Very handy!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #81
inbred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
I'm about to pull the trigger on some Wolfman Racks and Expedition Dry Bags. The portable washing machine feature was definitely the icing on the cake. I also read about one guy using the attached dry bags as portable coolers. He fills them with ice and about twenty cans of various high-end canned beer and thakes along a sleeping bag and tarp. He's got it all: Beer, sleeping equipment and fresh water from ice melting to wash away the morning hangover.
inbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #82
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbred View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on some Wolfman Racks and Expedition Dry Bags. The portable washing machine feature was definitely the icing on the cake. I also read about one guy using the attached dry bags as portable coolers. He fills them with ice and about twenty cans of various high-end canned beer and thakes along a sleeping bag and tarp. He's got it all: Beer, sleeping equipment and fresh water from ice melting to wash away the morning hangover.

I might have to get some of these things.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #83
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
About a month ago I oredered an Expedition Dry Duffel, medium sized, to use as a carry on/carry off bag for my Bonnie, and have found it to be excellent.

Great quality, well designed, the straps are useful and well placed, and the service I received from Wolfman was fantastic.

Highly recommended!

Bonsai Elephant screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 02:04 PM
Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #84
GISdood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Just another favorable mention for the Expedition bags and racks. I bought a set for my DR in 2010 prior to a 2500mi road trip. They've worked out incredibly well for both road trips and off-road fishing/camping trips. So well, in fact, that this past summer, I purchased a second set of bags and racks for my wife's DRZ-SM.

We did another road trip this past summer and rode around the Olympic Peninsula and nearly drowned in all the rain. Everything stowed in the Expedition bags was bone-dry... I wish the same could be said of the North Face Duffel I was also using. Time to replace it with a Wolfman duffel, I think. ;)

While their capacity isn't cavernous, its more than adequate for our needs. Beyond their durability, what I like most about these bags is where they sit when mounted - nice and low, and ahead of the rear axle so as not to turn your mount in a top-heavy beast with a light front end.

GISdood screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 02:21 PM
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #85
Helipilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Berg raw loops for saddlebage

An earlier post by Eric of Wolfman Luggage Fame mentioned the Berg raw loops. Another poster showed his pics of his berg set up. I hit the search but came up empty. Anybody have a site to go to for the Berg raw loops?

Thanks
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #86
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helipilot View Post
An earlier post by Eric of Wolfman Luggage Fame mentioned the Berg raw loops. Another poster showed his pics of his berg set up. I hit the search but came up empty. Anybody have a site to go to for the Berg raw loops?

Thanks
Here you go -

Backroads Moto
Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #87
Twohondas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISdood View Post
Just another favorable mention for the Expedition bags and racks. ...........................

..........Everything stowed in the Expedition bags was bone-dry... I wish the same could be said of the North Face Duffel I was also using. Time to replace it with a Wolfman duffel, I think. ;)
I took the Expedition and a TNF duffel to Alaska. It rained every day except ONE. The Expedition was my primary must be "dry" storage. It worked fine.

Before I left I sprayed Scotch Guard on all the seams of the TNF duffel, which is not advertized as "waterproof". THat did the job plus it is easier to get into while on the road.

Twohondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #88
Helipilot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Backkroads Moto

Thanks Joe Bar for the link. I just bought the Wolfman large expedition dry bag and Summit saddle bags. I think I will add the waterproof saddle bags later for the TAT ride.

Roger
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #89
beergut
Thumper

Oddometer: 413
Bump. Would like to know what people DON'T like about the wolfman bags. I'm about to pull the trigger....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DIY rear top rack
beergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #90
beergut
Thumper

Oddometer: 413
Has anyone used these with rotopacks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DIY rear top rack
beergut is offline   Reply With Quote