Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
g17jimmy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
ADV theme decals

{posted in the parts forum, but have been advised it should be posted here}

A friend of mine makes decals and made these for me. If anyone is interested he can cut and ship them for $8 (US only.) International shipping would be more. He can make different sizes (price might change for other sizes, not my call) even take your own artwork or graphic and make the decal for a very reasonable price.

PM me if you're interested.

My friend is also a kickass artist and pin striper. Here's some of his stuff-

Art album on imgur
g17jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
g17jimmy OP
Adventurer

I've received several questions regarding the stickers so here is a list of Q&A:

> How big are the stickers?
-- The ones I have on my R1200GSA are about 6" in diameter, but he can scale them to just about any size. The I'd say the smallest he could go is about 3" because the text gets hard to do cleanly (applying to transfer tape and cleaning out the insides of the "B", "O", "A", etc...)

> Does he have other colors?
-- he does have other colors and can get other vinyl from his supplier. I don't know if he charges a minimum if he has to buy a different color that he doesn't keep on hand. I know I would if it were me, that vinyl isn't exactly cheap.

> Can he do reflective?
-- There are some reflective/retroreflective films out there but he doesn't keep those on hand. They are generally a single color film, very limited selection in the line of color-shift or holographic. Some reflective films are *VERY* thick and he probably can't do those without having to charge extra for the special blades for cutting that material. All reflectives are pricey. Go check signwarehouse.com for an idea how much a roll if any of the vinyl costs.

> Can he do this custom graphic for me?
-- Why, yes he can, in fact. If you have the vector art that's easiest. If you have a picture that needs to be converted to vector art, he can do that, too. Again, I don't know his rates or if he'd even charge for that work, but he can do it.

> Can he help design a custom graphic?
-- Yep, he can do that, too. He and his wife are artists/graphic designers and can help create your custom sticker. Anything from simple lettering to designing a logo for your group, business or event.

> How much does he charge?
-- Other than the bigfoot stickers I originally posted, I don't know. I'd say $8 is probably the minimum, since that includes postage, but you'll have to ask.

I don't post his email address right here because nearly everything posted in forums ends up indexed by google. I don't know that he wants his email address found here in a google search. Maybe he wouldn't care, but I haven't asked that specific question. PM me and I'll send his email address to you.

If anyone has any questions, anything I missed, PM me and I'll find out or just put you in contact with him.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
g17jimmy OP
Adventurer

He will be at this show striping in a few weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/events/833648506681991/