Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #1771
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
My buddy's been looking to buy a new GSA. Both dealers in our area have said that they're not expecting to get any more this year, and they've heard that the production line has been shut down for the year for the GS/GSA.
I think San Jose can get you a new GSA..............That is if he is a serious buyer.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #1772
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
I think San Jose can get you a new GSA..............That is if he is a serious buyer.
This was one of the two places he checked (and where I bought mine from a few months ago). They have a white one on the floor at the moment (not his first or second choice of color) and they're saying that it may be the last one they'll get this year. The other dealer in the area is already completely out and not expecting any more.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #1773
sphyrnidus
born to ride

Oddometer: 121
Ok this is not the USA, but I ordered a GSA last saturday. There is no supply, so it will be build this month. The production line is in full swing as there is a demand for the triple black.
On the watercooled engine: first the GS, then the RT, the GSA comes last. As the introduction is 1 per year and the GS comes this fall, the GSA is expected in 2014. This I was told by a guy at the BMW dealership, who I know to be very reliable, I've known this guy for a long time as his father, who was the dealer back then, sold me my first BMW in 1993.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #1774
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphyrnidus View Post
Ok this is not the USA, but I ordered a GSA last saturday. There is no supply, so it will be build this month. The production line is in full swing as there is a demand for the triple black.
On the watercooled engine: first the GS, then the RT, the GSA comes last. As the introduction is 1 per year and the GS comes this fall, the GSA is expected in 2014. This I was told by a guy at the BMW dealership, who I know to be very reliable, I've known this guy for a long time as his father, who was the dealer back then, sold me my first BMW in 1993.
That actually make a lot of sense, why would BMW retool now that sales must still be at an all time high?
I'm sure the current engine and GS will be selling very well going into 2013.
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1775
enkil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
There's still plenty of GS/GSA being registered here back home
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #1776
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
I will stay with my air cooled GS. Why change something that has worked so well for so many years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... More horsepower does not translate to more fun in my opinion.I have plenty on my GS already. My 2 cents worth...
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #1777
mcstark
Oilhead convert

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
I will stay with my air cooled GS. Why change something that has worked so well for so many years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... More horsepower does not translate to more fun in my opinion.I have plenty on my GS already. My 2 cents worth...
The issue is not only the "horsepower war," but the continued reduction of emissions. Air cooled engines are just not as efficient as the water-cooled variety, and hence pollute a little more. Porsche faced this back in the late 90's.

I care more about powerband than horsepower, and as my `03 GS only has 26k on it...they'll have the wasserboxer perfected by the time I'm ready for a new bike.

2003 BMW R1150GS
mcstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #1778
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
My buddy's been looking to buy a new GSA. Both dealers in our area have said that they're not expecting to get any more this year, and they've heard that the production line has been shut down for the year for the GS/GSA.
Fresno has at least 3 GSA's available on the showroom floor, so there's that option too (I just bought their only Rallye version ). No idea if the factory is "closed" to new orders but this early in the year I doubt it. Still can't hurt to call other dealerships just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #1779
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWriter View Post
Fresno has at least 3 GSA's available on the showroom floor, so there's that option too (I just bought their only Rallye version ). No idea if the factory is "closed" to new orders but this early in the year I doubt it. Still can't hurt to call other dealerships just in case.
Thanks - I will definitely let him know that.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #1780
Oggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Both dealers in our area have said that they're not expecting to get any more this year, and they've heard that the production line has been shut down for the year for the GS/GSA.

Those dealers are sadly mistaken, as my 1200GSA has just been built and is shipping out sometime this week.
Oggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1781
walrond
Earth Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,063
I don't keep up with this thread but here is an article in the latest issue of Motorrad magazine.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1782
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,630
Those top two pix are of a motorcycle that appears to be closer to production than the prototype/drone in the bottom pic. Probably getting close to time for even better "spy" or "leaked" pix.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #1783
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
My dealer said the 1200s are gone. They cannot get any more until the wethead comes out...must be getting close
Lone Star?
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #1784
Graemsay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Walrond, you wouldn't happen to have a screen grab of the aircooled retro bike that tallguy-09 mentioned?
Graemsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #1785
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Thinking about all other BMW "new" releases we had a pretty good flow of "leaks" or should I say spy shots. It seems the spy shots were not really done by spys but BMW dropping a bike off in front of a person holding a camera. This is all part of the build up in the new world of cyber information flow, helps in getting pre production orders and the like. I remember well the K1200s , K1600 GT/L . Expect to see a lot more info flow in the next couple of months. For me I'm holding off buying my next bike until I can consider the wet boxer.