Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #3031
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
"...radiators relatively small and can be repositioned by customer..." Bha-haha-ha :)
[/url]
"CUSTOMISER"... reading is hard.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #3032
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,636
The most hidden place to put the radiators is around the rear wheel, but I think someone already did that, Aprilla maybe. So not in the patent. But smaller companies without deep pockets can sell relocation kits, and get away with it.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #3033
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
"CUSTOMISER"... reading is hard.

Kumar Patel: So you get high and you put other people who smoke weed in jail?
George W. Bush: DUH!
Kumar Patel: That's so hypocritical!
George W. Bush: Oh yeah? Well let me ask you something, Kumar, do you like giving hand jobs?
Kumar Patel: No sir.
George W. Bush: Do you like gettin' hand jobs?
Kumar Patel: [smirking] Heh, yeah.
George W. Bush: Yeah well, that makes you a fuckin' hypocriticizer too, so shut the fuck up! Now smoke my weed.

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #3034
joeybeats
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I can't locate the answer but perhaps one of you know ... is the multicontroller's only function with the bmw nav iv? Does it connect to any of the other features on the bike? Cruise control? Ride settings? Anything?

Thanks. Joey
joeybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #3035
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybeats View Post
I can't locate the answer but perhaps one of you know ... is the multicontroller's only function with the bmw nav iv? Does it connect to any of the other features on the bike? Cruise control? Ride settings? Anything?

Thanks. Joey
Just navigation from what I've read.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #3036
joeybeats
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thanks for the quick reply, EJ. All that comes to mind at the moment is that would be a real shame.

I've ridden the k1600GT and that multicontroller function is off the hook. Once you get used to it, you easily fly down the road and rarely have to take your hands off the grips. A big feature and expense for so little on this new 1200gs. They'll probably connect it to more down the road in a future model or download. Thanks again. Joey
joeybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #3037
Marki_GSA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
I thought it connected to other stuff like on board computer and all that. I have seen pictures with no satnav but it still has the controller. I could easily be wrong but it would seem daft if it only did satnav.
Marki_GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #3038
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybeats View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, EJ. All that comes to mind at the moment is that would be a real shame.

I've ridden the k1600GT and that multicontroller function is off the hook. Once you get used to it, you easily fly down the road and rarely have to take your hands off the grips. A big feature and expense for so little on this new 1200gs. They'll probably connect it to more down the road in a future model or download. Thanks again. Joey
Glad to hear it works well on the K16. I was hoping it would do more as well and perhaps it will...I just don't want it to replace hard buttons too! The new GS uses the K16 wiring system so the capability is probably there. The iDrive on BMW cars was bashed for so many years they were probably afraid of the same reaction with GS buyers.

Here is the relevant wording from the BMW press release: Electrical system with new vehicle power supply and Multi-Controller for the BMW Motorrad Navigator IV. The Multi-Controller, newly available for the GS, allows fast and convenient operation of the BMW Motorrad Navigator IV. It is located on the inside of the handlebar grip. This means that selecting functions is much less distracting than pressing buttons and does not require hands to be removed from the handlebars.

EJ_92606 screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 10:23 AM Reason: added more to the BMW quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #3039
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki_GSA View Post
I thought it connected to other stuff like on board computer and all that. I have seen pictures with no satnav but it still has the controller. I could easily be wrong but it would seem daft if it only did satnav.
Correct, the controller is an option called 'preparation for navigation'. The BMW navigation unit itself is an accessory that you buy from the parts department and doesn't come with the bike.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #3040
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,413
had a RT with the control knob along with onboard GPS IV and sat radio/iPod and will agree with the others. it's very easy to use although moving thru the menus seemed clumsy, more so on the radio/iPod side of things. it can become a distraction if one is not careful. i don't remember the control knob's functionality with the GPS but i'm sure it will be much the same.

i too like the use of buttons and wouldn't want the control wheel to replace all of them.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #3041
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Correct, the controller is an option called 'preparation for navigation'. The BMW navigation unit itself is an accessory that you buy from the parts department and doesn't come with the bike.
In one of the videos it looked like that controller was being used for adjusting ESA settings.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #3042
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
In one of the videos it looked like that controller was being used for adjusting ESA settings.
Ooh, good catch. I hope so!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #3043
Thunder Pig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
From what I hear the multicontroller is the single most often warranty replacement item on the K bikes so far. Local dealer says they are on the second or third version already. That just on a street only bike, what happens if you throw some mud at it? Looks like a cool idea thou and was fun to play with on the K bikes. May not be ready for off road use, yet. Hope they have the bugs out of it.
98 KTM 200EXC
99 Speed Triple, etc...
Thunder Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #3044
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Pig View Post
From what I hear the multicontroller is the single most often warranty replacement item on the K bikes so far. Local dealer says they are on the second or third version already. That just on a street only bike, what happens if you throw some mud at it? Looks like a cool idea thou and was fun to play with on the K bikes. May not be ready for off road use, yet. Hope they have the bugs out of it.
Isn't that controller also on the RT? I don't recall seeing a lot of issues with that in the Road Warriors > RT thread.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #3045
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,918
Ok.

I have the new name.

It will catch on.

You will love it.

You ready?

Here it comes!

Wait for it!

SPORK-HEAD