Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #4741
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 826
For all you guys carrying on about the whole apparent "headshake" issue....you don't know shit.
These days, there's no way any sane major OEM would knowingly, willingly put a bike with a steering / chassis problem the market. 30 Years ago maybe, but with the liability involved today, I just can't see it. The lawsuits could potentially bankrupt a large enough company. They'd be crazy to do it. You think BMW doesn't completely cover their ass when they test it? Also, pushing any bike (in the dirt) stupid and hard enough can generate a tank slapper.

steelerider screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 07:42 PM
steelerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #4742
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
for all you guys carrying on about the whole apparent "headshake" issue....you don't know shit.
These days, there's no way any sane major oem would knowingly, willingly put a bike with a steering / chassis problem the market. 30 years ago maybe, but with the liability involved today, i just can't see it. The lawsuits could potentially bankrupt a large enough company. They'd be crazy to do it. You think bmw doesn't completely cover their ass when they test it? Also, pushing any bike (in the dirt) stupid and hard enough can generate a tank slapper.

+1
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #4743
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,517
Quote:
For all you guys carrying on about the whole apparent "headshake" issue....you don't know shit.
These days, there's no way any sane major OEM would knowingly, willingly put a bike with a steering / chassis problem the market. 30 Years ago maybe, but with the liability involved today, I just can't see it. The lawsuits could potentially bankrupt a large enough company. They'd be crazy to do it. You think BMW doesn't completely cover their ass when they test it? Also, pushing any bike (in the dirt) stupid and hard enough can generate a tank slapper.

I agree, those liars writing for Bike, motorcycle.com, canadamotoguide and motociclismo just made all this stuff up.

What gets my goat is that they were such ungrateful bastards as well. After all, BMW paid for them all to go on this trip, paid for their petrol and even took them to dinner.

The Bike guy in particular we should never attend to again. That hammer he used to bust off the steering stop, he must have packed in his luggage, and then smuggled it onto the ride in a bum bag or something. Premeditated sabotage of BMW's hard-earned reputation. What cheek! What has BMW done to him?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #4744
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baluchon View Post
You probably right !.. In fact the whole round the world is made in England studio with real GS but false landscape behind. The hardest part of it is the fake film production. As Photoshop is not enough powerful. It cost a fortune in animation studio contracting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd1N...xsBt6FDTlF902b
At 52 seconds..."we've had a problem with your bike and are just putting the driveshaft back together now"
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #4745
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
I agree, those liars writing for Bike, motorcycle.com, canadamotoguide and motociclismo just made all this stuff up.

What gets my goat is that they were such ungrateful bastards as well. After all, BMW paid for them all to go on this trip, paid for their petrol and even took them to dinner.

The Bike guy in particular we should never attend to again. That hammer he used to bust off the steering stop, he must have packed in his luggage, and then smuggled it onto the ride in a bum bag or something. Premeditated sabotage of BMW's hard-earned reputation. What cheek! What has BMW done to him?

Agree. It's a conspiracy.

There are people conspiring I tell ya!

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #4746
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
At 52 seconds..."we've had a problem with your bike and are just putting the driveshaft back together now"
I thought he was just messing with him when he made that comment in the video, maybe I read him wrong?
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #4747
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
I thought he was just messing with him when he made that comment in the video, maybe I read him wrong?
Oh...haha, I hope so. I was surprised to see it in the video if indeed they had a problem, so you may be right.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #4748
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don’t do one. Classic movie quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #4749
I GS 1
I 90S I

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
I know we were kidding him about final drives and splines when we met up with them in Christchurch
I GS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #4750
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
I sat on it today ...

It feels like we sit 2 inches backward compared to the previous model. Instrument cluster looks further towards the front.

There's a 1/8" bleading hole on the left hand side of the motor in case water pump's seal fails.

Looks realy promising.

Paul Jr 8
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #4751
Bikeaddict
Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronic View Post
i agree, those liars writing for bike, motorcycle.com, canadamotoguide and motociclismo just made all this stuff up.

What gets my goat is that they were such ungrateful bastards as well. After all, bmw paid for them all to go on this trip, paid for their petrol and even took them to dinner.

The bike guy in particular we should never attend to again. That hammer he used to bust off the steering stop, he must have packed in his luggage, and then smuggled it onto the ride in a bum bag or something. Premeditated sabotage of bmw's hard-earned reputation. What cheek! What has bmw done to him?

+1
Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #4752
Bikeaddict
Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer: 205
You know, one can always buy a Multistrada or a KTM or a Triumph Explorer. It doesnt have to be the GS monicker (GS = Great Shakes )
Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #4753
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeaddict View Post
It doesnt have to be the GS monicker (GS = Great Shakes )
Stop being so negative....

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #4754
Baluchon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Where is the stunt?

Sorry to disapoint, but this is NOT a stunt; This is just fun testing by a normal enthusiast guy. Nothing more.
That was my first hour of testing the bike on the edge of the Mekong River, in Vientiane - LAOS, the day before Alessio arrive...
Baluchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #4755
Baluchon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Then you don't have sense of humour... That my way of being. Joking of everything. Pretending the 2 bikes fall off the truck...

But well, I think I loose my time here trying to share fun experience...

Cheers
Baluchon is offline   Reply With Quote