Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #4756
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baluchon View Post
Then you don't have sense of humour... That my way of being. Joking of everything. Pretending the 2 bikes fall off the truck...

I think I loose my time here trying to share fun experience...
No you're not. Don't take your fun so seriously. We're just joshin' around. I am sure the bike can jump like that all day.

But why do you think they picked on the Shaft drive to joke about?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #4757
I GS 1
I 90S I

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
You probably right !.. In fact the whole round the world is made in England studio with real GS but false landscape behind. The hardest part of it is the fake film production. As Photoshop is not enough powerful. It cost a fortune in animation studio contracting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd1N...xsBt6FDTlF902b

We take photos in all angles and manage the sun to be exatly where we want at the time we want. LIfe is good hey ?..

Dear analyst, here is the ramp....

If that is you Eric, I take back my PhotoShop comment. I fully believe it is not a stunt and can imagine you joking about the driveshaft in that way (sorry, I missed the "analyst" reference). The pics and video have been fantastic. Good luck and keep it up.
I GS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #4758
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
At 52 seconds..."we've had a problem with your bike and are just putting the driveshaft back together now"
You don't understand dry humour do you
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #4759
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
For all you guys carrying on about the whole apparent "headshake" issue....you don't know shit.
These days, there's no way any sane major OEM would knowingly, willingly put a bike with a steering / chassis problem the market. 30 Years ago maybe, but with the liability involved today, I just can't see it. The lawsuits could potentially bankrupt a large enough company. They'd be crazy to do it. You think BMW doesn't completely cover their ass when they test it? Also, pushing any bike (in the dirt) stupid and hard enough can generate a tank slapper.
Exactly, what's with this place. I thought these guys on here were meant to know what they're talking about As if BMW would release a bike in 2013 with such a flaw at a time when the model is so important. People keep banging on about the old fInal drive issue (when BMW had virtually no competition, and when the BMW motorcycle division consisted of about 3 models), but all the repetitive points about head shake are just getting boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
I agree, those liars writing for Bike, motorcycle.com, canadamotoguide and motociclismo just made all this stuff up.

What gets my goat is that they were such ungrateful bastards as well. After all, BMW paid for them all to go on this trip, paid for their petrol and even took them to dinner.

The Bike guy in particular we should never attend to again. That hammer he used to bust off the steering stop, he must have packed in his luggage, and then smuggled it onto the ride in a bum bag or something. Premeditated sabotage of BMW's hard-earned reputation. What cheek! What has BMW done to him?

See my comment above. You're obviously on some kind of crusade against the new GS. Your posts are getting tedious now.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #4760
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
There are far too many whiney bitches who think they know far too much in this thread.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #4761
Baytriple
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
That has to be the worst English I've ever read. I gave up after the second paragraph
I didn't think it could be that bad until I started reading it. There really is not one coherent sentence all the way through?
Baytriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #4762
velimlje
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
So far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimlje View Post
let's update that list .... if you don't mind of course ...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/857/15...irst-Ride.aspx

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/02/01...t-ride-review/

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial.../#.UQ5IFx1vgoq

and of course video review

I hope I didn't miss any ...
velimlje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #4763
velimlje
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
There are far too many whiney bitches who think they know far too much in this thread.
velimlje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #4764
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 2,876
Quote:
Then you don't have sense of humour... That my way of being. Joking of everything. Pretending the 2 bikes fall off the truck...

But well, I think I loose my time here trying to share fun experience...

Cheers
Of course it was a joke we all know it. Thing is... YOU are the one who made the joke?

Because if this is the case we want full details of... well everything.
Your job, the shake "issue" (?), if BMW is doing anything about it (even if they believe its nothing), more photos, more videos...

Few things.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #4765
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 2,876
Quote:
I thought this was the case in all threads everywhere.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #4766
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
Can we come back to reality for a moment? Some of you guys argue about headshake as if it's a black-and-white thing... either the bike has a headhsake issue or it doesn't. ANY bike, under the right (or wrong) circumstances, can experience headshake. Does this bike have a problem excessive headshake? Who the &*$% knows. Certainly not anyone here. If it's that worrisome, put a steering damper on the bike - problem solved! If BMW doesn't have an OEM solution, I'm sure Scotts or Rallye-Moto or Hyperpro or GorillaZilla or Touratech will be along shortly to offer one.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #4767
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
For all you guys carrying on about the whole apparent "headshake" issue....you don't know shit.
These days, there's no way any sane major OEM would knowingly, willingly put a bike with a steering / chassis problem the market. 30 Years ago maybe, but with the liability involved today, I just can't see it. The lawsuits could potentially bankrupt a large enough company. They'd be crazy to do it. You think BMW doesn't completely cover their ass when they test it? Also, pushing any bike (in the dirt) stupid and hard enough can generate a tank slapper.
You are obviously an expert.
Please clarify "sane major OEM"
And if possible, advise of any insane ones. I won't buy from them.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #4768
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Can the head shakers please start a new thread!!
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #4769
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones View Post
Can the head shakers please start a new thread!!
Not your brand of ad nauseum, huh?

Chances are that the R-WC-GS Headshaker will eventually get its own forum category. Be patient.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #4770
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
As if BMW would release a bike in 2013 with such a flaw at a time when the model is so important. ......
Quote:
as a counterpoint.....Ducati.....the maker of the 1199 Panigale which was first sold earlier in 2012. fast forward to today, they've reached out to the bike's owners alerting them of a potential hazard/danger attributed to heat output of the exhaust/heads, and that a fix is in place. not just a little bit of heat from what i've learned, but enough heat to cause possible/potential physical harm to the rider's skin. did the manufacturer not know of the heat issue prior to its release? could you imagine a salesperson telling a potential customer a year ago that the bike emitted such heat and that it would be unbearably hot to ride in certain ambient temps?

yes, tank slappers/head shakes can happen, to any bike, but it happening (one very violently) to three reviewers out of twenty on the same model bike gives cause for concern, specifically and justifiably more so to those about to spend $20k+ on a new one.

if the tank slapper concern isn't justified, then waiting to buy a new model year bike until the second year isn't either.