ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #5671
268
Gnarly Adventurer
 
268's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium, de koekestad.
Oddometer: 168
LC on the hp test
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=gQzHB...HBFVwokk&gl=NL
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #5672
IB1
Beastly Adventurer
 
IB1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brussels
Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
Interesting, I heard completely different. My model will be fully loaded with the comfort and the dynamic package. LED's are approved and ready to go.
Such a short list. My options are split over 2 pages. Different lay out I think (and different prices).
All early deliveries in my garage are full option since we had a choise.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #5673
khale
ride dirty
 
khale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
Such a short list. My options are split over 2 pages. Different lay out I think (and different prices).
All early deliveries in my garage are full option since we had a choise.
This is what I chose, not the entire list. I'm sure the full list of all the options is what you are referring to.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSW | 1972 BMW R75/5 toaster | 2011 Husky TE310
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
khale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #5674
268
Gnarly Adventurer
 
268's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium, de koekestad.
Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Anybody speaking German?
Anything we haven't heard before?
I won't ask if they liked it, the closing of the video gives a pretty huge hint in international language.

He's telling that below 2500rpm the 'old GS' was a bit easier to ride. All the other things he's telling are already known .
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #5675
268
Gnarly Adventurer
 
268's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium, de koekestad.
Oddometer: 168
Downside : recall on the already delivered LC's in Germany for the brake hoses and gabelbrücke (fork bridge ?)

This could mean a slight delay (still not 100% sure) in delivery for the European market
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #5676
IB1
Beastly Adventurer
 
IB1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brussels
Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwerp View Post
Downside : recall on the already delivered LC's in Germany for the brake hoses and gabelbrücke (fork bridge ?)

This could mean a slight delay (still not 100% sure) in delivery for the European market
The rumors still say the belgian bikes won't be delivered prior to the launch weekend on 23th of march. So that gives them plenty time to work on mine. Still hoping I get mine on the planned date (and that I receive the papers very soon).
Still didn't hear anything about a delay from the dealer.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #5677
268
Gnarly Adventurer
 
268's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium, de koekestad.
Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
The rumors still say the belgian bikes won't be delivered prior to the launch weekend on 23th of march. So that gives them plenty time to work on mine. Still hoping I get mine on the planned date (and that I receive the papers very soon).
Still didn't hear anything about a delay from the dealer.
Hoping for the planned delivery as well. AFAIK only the German dealers are informed about this recall.
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #5678
Rauven
I like the cold...
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Tønsberg, Norway
Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwerp View Post
Downside : recall on the already delivered LC's in Germany for the brake hoses and gabelbrücke (fork bridge ?)

This could mean a slight delay (still not 100% sure) in delivery for the European market
Source ?
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #5679
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bazgab's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
Interesting, I heard completely different. My model will be fully loaded with the comfort and the dynamic package. LED's are approved and ready to go.
You should run it by your dealer, just seems odd if it was totally off base if the BMW Rep would tell me this on Saturday and then my dealer would confirm it a few days later. Word seems to have come from BMW NA, at least that was my impression when talking to both parties. I am fine either way, I had set a non-motorcycle related personal goal to reach before getting the new bike and I need a few more weeks to do so most likely, so a delay would not be such a bad thing for me.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #5680
268
Gnarly Adventurer
 
268's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium, de koekestad.
Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
Source ?

http://www.bmw-motorrad-aachen.de/

Dealer in Germany, I think he got it from the manufacturer...
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #5681
Rauven
I like the cold...
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Tønsberg, Norway
Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwerp View Post
http://www.bmw-motorrad-aachen.de/

Dealer in Germany, I think he got it from the manufacturer...
The one regarding the recall ;) I'm not getting my bike before the first week of april, so it gives me some evil sensation of happiness to know other people won't get is so much earlier, but I need info to confirm with my dealer that the problems don't exist on my bike. It's getting manufactured in 2 weeks, so I assume it will include all latest patches, but it's always good to confirm.
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #5682
268
Gnarly Adventurer
 
268's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium, de koekestad.
Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
The one regarding the recall ;) I'm not getting my bike before the first week of april, so it gives me some evil sensation of happiness to know other people won't get is so much earlier, but I need info to confirm with my dealer that the problems don't exist on my bike. It's getting manufactured in 2 weeks, so I assume it will include all latest patches, but it's always good to confirm.
Since the Belgian ones will normally be transported on the 11-13th of march, I also hope they will fix those patches before transportation to the dealers. But this could also mean a slight delay in delivery..
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #5683
IB1
Beastly Adventurer
 
IB1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brussels
Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwerp View Post
Since the Belgian ones will normally be transported on the 11-13th of march, I also hope they will fix those patches before transportation to the dealers. But this could also mean a slight delay in delivery..
My paper states 15th march delivery. I have no idea about when it will be shipped, but judging by the garage they would get it in time. And if that is the earliest shipment lots of dealerships will receive trucks completely filled with the new wasserboxer.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #5684
Velociraptor
TrackBum
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 1,128
Just curious if you guys are paying the MSRP for the bike? Do you always pay MSRP for BMW? I do not currently own a BMW. Had an R90/6 in the late 70s. I am interested in the new GS and also the new KTM adventure. I may not buy either, but am following both threads on ADV.
__________________
2014 KTM EXC 500
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R
2009 KTM 690r Enduro SOLD
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #5685
Noyah
poser
 
Noyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 400
BMW R 1200 GS Marocko, Februari 2013

__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015