ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #5806
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MaxReving's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: On The Twisty Roads
Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
My thoughts exactly. Not that they would exaggerate in the marketing brochure ;) but the part of esa must be is sales talk ;)
His comments to the dynamic ESA and ride modes on the new 1200GS LC was that there is a huge difference between the new 1200GS LC with dynamic ESA and the former 1200GS. Maybe I should have written that you will experience a bigger difference between the new 1200GS LC and the former handling wise if you choose to have dynamic ESA on your new 1200GS LC. If you choose not to have dynamic ESA then the handling is not that much different from the former 1200GS. Then some people will say, what is then the point in upgrading to the new 1200GS LC. The Sport mode on the new 1200GS LC makes it handle even more sporty then ever before and the Enduro Pro mode makes it even more usable as an off-road bike.

According to this guy the info was that BMW Motorrad expect that 80-90% of all new 1200GS LC will be configured with the new dynamic ESA. I have chosen dynamic ESA for my own bike but it may not be for everyone.

Max :-)
MaxReving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #5807
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulW View Post
You can already get a taller seat, the screen if we are to believe BMW is good as it is and why would you need more power. You definitely do NOT need more clearance - the whole point of semiactive ESA is to change the spring rate dynamically. This provides the same end result as having more suspension travel with a fixed preload, only better - starts off softer and as the suspension compresses gets stiffer. It knows when it is about to bottom out as it measures the suspension movement dynamically. Damn clever these Germans

My bet is that all you will get is the same bike exactly except perhaps for a larger tank. Just my 2 cents worth from a knarly old engineer
I'm 6'7" and every inch helps

Now that we're at it, those hand-guards would make for great LED turn signals.

tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #5808
Rauven
I like the cold...
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Tønsberg, Norway
Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReving View Post
His comments to the dynamic ESA and ride modes on the new 1200GS LC was that there is a huge difference between the new 1200GS LC with dynamic ESA and the former 1200GS. Maybe I should have written that you will experience a bigger difference between the new 1200GS LC and the former handling wise if you choose to have dynamic ESA on your new 1200GS LC. If you choose not to have dynamic ESA then the handling is not that much different from the former 1200GS. Then some people will say, what is then the point in upgrading to the new 1200GS LC. The Sport mode on the new 1200GS LC makes it handle even more sporty then ever before and the Enduro Pro mode makes it even more usable as an off-road bike.

According to this guy the info was that BMW Motorrad expect that 80-90% of all new 1200GS LC will be configured with the new dynamic ESA. I have chosen dynamic ESA for my own bike but it may not be for everyone.

Max :-)
I have nothing against ESA, my bike is ordered with it :) I think it might be usefull, definately fun but not really a must have. I've driven all my life without dynamic suspension and I somehow survived. Sometimes when You listen to salespeople it's like listening to an infomercial. After a while You start to wonder how the hell did You survive all your life without that fancy-shmancy made in china egg opening and separating device

When I was ordering the configuration for my bike I decided I don't need tire pressure sensors. And I was told a chilling story how one of the customers' life was saved by it, that he was driving for quite a while on a flat tire, and if it wasn't for the sensors he would have died on the first turn... And it made me go a bit 'wtf' inside. How the hell can you drive on a flat tire and not notice that, few psi less and any normal rider feels the floating ;) But a sales pitch is a sales pitch
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #5809
paco fernandez
Mexico
 
paco fernandez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: URUAPAN, MICHOACAN. MEXICO
Oddometer: 64
mexico

paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #5810
paco fernandez
Mexico
 
paco fernandez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: URUAPAN, MICHOACAN. MEXICO
Oddometer: 64
radiator

[img][/img]
paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #5811
paco fernandez
Mexico
 
paco fernandez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: URUAPAN, MICHOACAN. MEXICO
Oddometer: 64
water cooled

paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #5812
paco fernandez
Mexico
 
paco fernandez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: URUAPAN, MICHOACAN. MEXICO
Oddometer: 64
Led

paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #5813
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,861
Just a slight hint: none of your images work here.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #5814
paco fernandez
Mexico
 
paco fernandez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: URUAPAN, MICHOACAN. MEXICO
Oddometer: 64
gps kit

paco fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #5815
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Just a slight hint: none of your images work here.
Nope, nothing
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #5816
NLS
My bike needs washing...
 
NLS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: GREECE!
Oddometer: 3,144
Your dropbox sharing done wrong...
__________________
NLS
My Blog
When the going gets tough, the tough get going...
NLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #5817
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Nope, nothing
Well, on iPhone/iPad I can at least see a white box with an red question mark in it while I can't see the animated GIF I've posted above :-)
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #5818
NLS
My bike needs washing...
 
NLS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: GREECE!
Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Great summary, only I love my 2010 GS, BMW: Lets bring on the LC-GSA, that will get my attention.
I want: Taller shield and seat, larger tank, more clearance, a bit more power.
With all this posts, someone would think you can do better with quoting text.
Anyway...

GSA more power = 0% chance.
More clearance possible (like current GSA), but (like current GSA) expect this to be so that the extra load can be handled properly in bumps etc.

"Adventure" is soooo wrong name for the fat model - but that is another topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
I'm 6'7" and every inch helps

Now that we're at it, those hand-guards would make for great LED turn signals.
You know why the hand-guards are there right?
Maybe you guys actually want a pure street bike?
__________________
NLS
My Blog
When the going gets tough, the tough get going...
NLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #5819
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
With all this posts, someone would think you can do better with quoting text.
Anyway...

GSA more power = 0% chance.
More clearance possible (like current GSA), but (like current GSA) expect this to be so that the extra load can be handled properly in bumps etc.

"Adventure" is soooo wrong name for the fat model - but that is another topic.



You know why the hand-guards are there right?
Maybe you guys actually want a pure street bike?
Street bike?
Yes. To me the GS is the best (and only) suitable motorcycle.
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #5820
stevie88
That's gotta hurt
 
stevie88's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Texas, I know, right?
Oddometer: 18,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Street bike?
Yes. To me the GS is the best (and only) suitable motorcycle.
__________________
Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy is a total Nimrod. Too bad Pete Carroll asked him for advice.
stevie88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015