Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #5956
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Anyone know how to pull it out of their cache?
Tried that already. They pulled it quickly.
NLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #5957
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxReving View Post
Somebody at BMW Motorrad probably got pissed off because of this article and called the people at the magazine "Motorrad" and asked them to pull the article from the website. Speculation regarding the dead of Kevin may have been too much for them.

Come on grow up and face the new reality. The internet makes it harder to hide any product issues even for a company like BMW Motorrad. Anything they are telling their partners/dealers will quickly end up in the public forums.

Any new product will have issues (design faults, specification errors, sub-supplier quality issues, and so on) but there will always be customers that are willing to take the risk with first batch. Don't try to fools us. We are willing to be beta testes and will even pay for it, so don't treat us like a bunch of naive idiots.

Max :-)
I love all the conspiracy theories. The link seems to work just fine for me. Here's the Google-translated version.

BTW - I'm not willing to be a "testes" of any sort, thankyouverymuch.

BMW R 1200 GS: BMW technical action takes place

Even before the launch of BMW leads to the new R 1200 GS by a technical action. What does this mean for customers who are waiting for their new motorcycle? MOTORCYCLE inquired.
In this article: BMW R 1200 GS
PHOTO SHOW

MOTORCYCLE: rumored BMW had stopped the delivery of the new GS due to technical problems. Currently running a repair, which also encompasses MOTORCYCLE test machine was affected. When the customer can now count on their machines?
BMW: BMW shows off the launch of the BMW R 1200 GS with a technical action at the Telelever fork. In a long-term test on the test bench has after about 60,000 kilometers standpipe loosened in one case. In the field or at driving tests this never occurred. As a precautionary measure, all motorcycles since last week the glands checked and additionally secured positively twisting (caulked). Each vehicle, in which the fuse has been completed, can then be delivered promptly.
More about ...
BMW R 1200 GS Bavaria Berlin Fork New 2013 recall South Africa Workshop

This action takes logistical reasons some time. For example, are the necessary tools to prepare and distribute worldwide. For this reason in some markets had the delivery to individual customers postponed a few days.
MOTORCYCLE: the accident of our colleague Kevin Ash in driving presentation of the new GS in South Africa has nothing to do with anything?
BMW: no. On motorcycle accident not a technical defect was found.
MOTORCYCLE: the investigations are completed to the accident now?
BMW: Yes. The accident site, the possible circumstances of the accident and the motorcycle were investigated by the local police and BMW Motorrad.

BMW R 1200 GS: BMW technical action takes place

Even before the launch of BMW leads to the new R 1200 GS by a technical action. What does this mean for customers who are waiting for their new motorcycle? MOTORCYCLE inquired.
In this article: BMW R 1200 GS
PHOTO SHOW

MOTORCYCLE: rumored BMW had stopped the delivery of the new GS due to technical problems. Currently running a repair, which also encompasses MOTORCYCLE test machine was affected. When the customer can now count on their machines?
BMW: BMW shows off the launch of the BMW R 1200 GS with a technical action at the Telelever fork. In a long-term test on the test bench has after about 60,000 kilometers standpipe loosened in one case. In the field or at driving tests this never occurred. As a precautionary measure, all motorcycles since last week the glands checked and additionally secured positively twisting (caulked). Each vehicle, in which the fuse has been completed, can then be delivered promptly.
More about ...
BMW R 1200 GS Bavaria Berlin Fork New 2013 recall South Africa Workshop

This action takes logistical reasons some time. For example, are the necessary tools to prepare and distribute worldwide. For this reason in some markets had the delivery to individual customers postponed a few days.
MOTORCYCLE: the accident of our colleague Kevin Ash in driving presentation of the new GS in South Africa has nothing to do with anything?
BMW: no. On motorcycle accident not a technical defect was found.
MOTORCYCLE: the investigations are completed to the accident now?
BMW: Yes. The accident site, the possible circumstances of the accident and the motorcycle were investigated by the local police and BMW Motorrad.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #5958
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Somebody at BMW Motorrad probably got pissed off because of this article and called the people at the magazine "Motorrad" and asked them to pull the article from the website. Speculation regarding the dead of Kevin may have been too much for them.

Come on grow up and face the new reality. The internet makes it harder to hide any product issues even for a company like BMW Motorrad. Anything they are telling their partners/dealers will quickly end up in the public forums.

Any new product will have issues (design faults, specification errors, sub-supplier quality issues, and so on) but there will always be customers that are willing to take the risk with first batch. Don't try to fools us. We are willing to be beta testes and will even pay for it, so don't treat us like a bunch of naive idiots.

There has just been made public a new article at the "Motorrad" website.

BMW Motorrad has announced that there in one case has been a problem with the "Standrohr" (= stanchion) on one 1200GS LC that has been running 60.000 km in a test bench. This issue has not been found on any of the bikes that has been used for road testing, demos and marketing events.

Since last week this issue has been solved by using a special tool that secures the bushing in the tube. All new 1200GS LC bikes worldwide are currently being checked with the new special tool and this may result in a few days delay in delivery but only a few days.

Did this have anything to do with the crash of Kevin Ash? BMW Motorrad: No. There were not found any technical issues with the bike in question.

Source: "Motorrad" http://www.motorradonline.de/news/bm...-aktion/446849

MaxReving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #5959
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
But if you viewed it, isn't it still in a cache on your computer? Other than clicking on the link in my history which brings up the new page, I don't know how, but I think there is a way.
The article was changed slightly:

Quote:
MOTORRAD: Hat der Unfall unseres Kollegen Kevin Ash bei der Fahrpräsentation der neuen GS in Südafrika damit etwas zu tun?

BMW: Nein. Am Unfall-Motorrad wurde kein technischer Defekt festgestellt.
Translation:

MOTORRAD: Did the accident of our colleague Kevin Ash during the presentation in South Africa have something to do with this (the fork recall)?

BMW: No. No technical defect could be found on the bike that had the accident.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #5960
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
I love all the conspiracy theories. The link seems to work just fine for me. Here's the Google-translated version.

BTW - I'm not willing to be a "testes" of any sort, thankyouverymuch.
[B]
We are all beta testers on any new products not only new motorcycles

Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #5961
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Quote:
We are all beta testers on any new products not only new motorcycles

Testers, yes. "Testes", no thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #5962
petzi-baer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
The article was changed slightly:

Translation:

MOTORRAD: Did the accident of our colleague Kevin Ash during the presentation in South Africa have something to do with this (the fork recall)?

Actually the article changed a lot. But reading about the fork issue a bit more in other forums - the new version seems much more appropriate. Some people at "MOTORAD" worked overtime today ....

petzi-baer
petzi-baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #5963
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
Testers, yes. "Testes", no thanks.
Got it

Old 03-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #5964
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,835
For goodness sake, how many times does the same report get dragged up in this thread.

That was on the press bikes, and the first batch of bikes shipped from Germany. BMW sent a load of engineers to the uk to perform the fix last week. 20 minutes per bike, and they've all been sorted. Any bikes received into the uk after the first batch had the fix at the factory

Next.......
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #5965
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
I tried to search the interwebz for riders manual for the new machine today but without success. Would be nice to get occupied with something while waiting and study it beforehand so I don't waste riding time after getting the bike :)
Maybe someone has access to it?
Anyone found the PDF regarding the new beast? Link, please.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #5966
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Well, when someone wants to put a dark shade there is no stopping... check these three articles on the three recalls (and my comments on each below).

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...sue-54935.html

(free of charge? no accidents involved? future customers advised?)

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ne...0gs-55505.html

(could crash? no word actually caused a crash?)

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/no...ery-55983.html

(photo now with a huge question mark... hahaha... dead serious? interesting choice of words... then a mention about some people that demoed the machine, who found the front problematic... - who? any report? NOT the couple of journalists that mentioned that?)

Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #5967
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Quote:
Anyone found the PDF regarding the new beast? Link, please.

I doubt it can be found yet.
Same for technical manual (reprom 2013)...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #5968
MaxReving
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
For goodness sake, how many times does the same report get dragged up in this thread.

That was on the press bikes, and the first batch of bikes shipped from Germany. BMW sent a load of engineers to the uk to perform the fix last week. 20 minutes per bike, and they've all been sorted. Any bikes received into the uk after the first batch had the fix at the factory

Next.......
Did they also do the update to the paralever strut in the UK?

Old 03-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #5969
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post

Yeah right.
Like if the super electronic ESA decided on the spot to let dampening go, the South African police would know.
Remember the servo brakes?
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #5970
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
Yeah right.
Like if the super electronic ESA decided on the spot to let dampening go, the South African police would know.
Remember the servo brakes?
What. Is the new GS thread an attraction to GS haters now?

To go back to the topic, here are three videos from a Greek guy at the Morocco presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H_wu8nybN5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RfuyCl9nLig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=N1ypT0kx1oo