Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #8776
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
Same here. At first service the oil reservoir was still full. And now at 3000 km it is well over max quantity. Think the garage overfilled it at the first service.
On the center stand right...or had someone look for you while you held the bike level?
RA & MOA #224
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #8777
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack View Post
On the center stand right...or had someone look for you while you held the bike level?
On the centerstand on a level parkinground after a long ride. Aprox 1400 km after the last service.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #8778
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,831
This is OT, but I can't tell you the last time that a dealer filled any of my vehicles properly. One of the reasons I own an oil extractor.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #8779
cjack
Studly Adventurer

They probably put in 4 qts and it's not a problem...just shows a tad over the top.
RA & MOA #224
Old 05-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #8780
schisi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Fantastic job.

So they are like "quick remove" so that they don't mess the rear of the bike when not used?
Yes, a few small pieces remain on the bike, but almost not noticeable...
schisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #8781
Seb1234
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
I don't think I would use the word perfect but they would certainly be pretty darn close.

Kev
Thanks
Seb1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #8782
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
I picked up my LC late today. It came with Anakee 3's. My home is down a mile long dirt road and I took it real easy (I usually ride with TKC-80's). No drama. I have a total of 30 miles on my new LC...I will ride it a lot more tomorrow though.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #8783
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
I put about 300 miles on my LC R1200GS today -- almost all pavement, some twisties. The bike is easy to ride, balances beautifully, and is powerful. Bounced up over 6K rpm many times and engine decelerated a lot. Tried Dynamic mode too -- as they say -- very sporty. Anakee 3's gripped well and I like them.

So, all positive so far.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #8784
Kaj
Gessu

Oddometer: 13
[QUOTE=atg;21306404]
Quote:
Originally Posted by At adventure View Post

AT Adventure;

If your GPS is using the original GSW BMW mount, wiring and plugs,and apparently it is as you mention that it automatically powers up, than it will also automatically power off.

However, keep in mind that power off occurs only after its power supply is switched off which happens some 30 or so seconds after you switch the bike off.

30 seconds after the bike is switched off you should notice that the GPS, as result of lack of external power, turns its power demand to the internal ZUMO's battery and after a few more seconds it asks you if you want it to continue to run on its own battery. If you don't reply it switches itself off after 30 seconds.

In short, when you switch your bike off and don't do anything else, the GPS will switch off after about a minute. Try it !

Andre
I am surprised to realize that whilst navigating and stopped for gas station etc. for a short while, the route has disappered...need to start from the beginning.

Unless if I leave GPS on and only turn off the engine...
Kaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #8785
Kaj
Gessu

Very nice handling bike, didn't expect it to be so stable, comfort and fast at the same time.

I only have 760 km in the clock, but happier than ever dreamed...even enjoying on the gravel.

I bought the panniers and top box from BMW, but they were quite small inside (big outside)...hopefully those will be big enough for my journey from Finland to Gibraltar.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #8786
cjack
Studly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Kaj;21342268]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg View Post

I am surprised to realize that whilst navigating and stopped for gas station etc. for a short while, the route has disappered...need to start from the beginning.

Unless if I leave GPS on and only turn off the engine...
I don't remember that happening. I thought it just resumed whatever route I had been following.
RA & MOA #224
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #8787
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaj View Post
I bought the panniers and top box from BMW, but they were quite small inside (big outside)...hopefully those will be big enough for my journey from Finland to Gibraltar.

I had the Varios for about a year and replaced them with Touratech Zega Pros. Lots more room inside. Lots more.
RA & MOA #224
Old 05-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #8788
atg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Very nice handling bike, didn't expect it to be so stable, comfort and fast at the same time.

I only have 760 km in the clock, but happier than ever dreamed...even enjoying on the gravel.

KAJ;

Congrats on your new bike ! I am also really happy with mine.

Reading about you comments and worries about the vario luggage capacity for your trip, I thought I would suggest you use vacuum bags for packaging the more compactable items.

Things like jackets, Tshirts,, etc are highly compactible and vacuum packing can save you lots of space, sometimes 2 or 3 fold.

Try these:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/storage-bags-vacuum

Best regards,

Andre
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #8789
Kaj
Gessu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack View Post
I had the Varios for about a year and replaced them with Touratech Zega Pros. Lots more room inside. Lots more.
You are probably right, but then on the other hand, when not travelling, panniers are not needed and can be left home. Without Varios, my GS looks nice and light, I hate the ugly mounting brackets that normally comes with all others...

I am suffering less with louzy filling ratio of Various, than riding an ugly bike.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #8790
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
You are probably right, but then on the other hand, when not travelling, panniers are not needed and can be left home. Without Varios, my GS looks nice and light, I hate the ugly mounting brackets that normally comes with all others...

I am suffering less with louzy filling ratio of Various, than riding an ugly bike.
Ha. I have a black K1200S when I want great looking. I do like how easy it is to carry stuff on the GS though. I have ridden with an S, RS, S, etc for almost 40 years in the US and Canada and the GS is kind of a breather on not being able to carry anything except by strapping it on. I actually kind of like the rugged look to the GS with the Zega Pro bags. Now maybe a little mud and bugs...
RA & MOA #224