Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #10006
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang Paul View Post
I had the same problem for a long time on my Harley and thought it was the vibration from the bike.

Then an (even) older biker told me to tuck my elbows in toward my body, and straighten my wrists, then relax them. This should increase blood flow to your hands and fingers and stop the tingles.

Works for me.
Rox risers may help. They did for me.
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #10007
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonopah View Post
The Karoo 3 is on backorder where I live and the TKC-80 is expected to be seen first. Dunno about the Wild though. I could also just use Heidenaus but I am one of the Heidi doubters.
Why not order online then. I saw them both on Revzilla & I am sure there must be many other US sites that probably offer them. Just an idea.

Can't get them in OZ at all yet, none have reached our shores yet.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #10008
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
The GS can do everything the RT can, but its not the other way around.
It can also be argued that the RT is far better at LD superslab and, depending on how big the rider's stones are, can still go offroad...

twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #10009
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
It can also be argued that the RT is far better at LD superslab and, depending on how big the rider's stones are, can still go offroad...

Sure, I've taken the RT off road. It feels like the bike is taking a beating with all the plastic rattling around. Plus, if it goes down, it's going to costs hundreds of dollars to fix it. No thanks!
steelerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #10010
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 827
Put a deposit on an inbound GSW today. Now to wait 2-3 weeks!! Ugh!! It's one of the most well designed bikes I've ever ridden. Amazing.
steelerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #10011
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
>Why not order online then. I saw them both on Revzilla & I am sure there must be many other US sites that probably offer them. Just an idea.<

The front TKC-80 120/70 R 19 is not in stock at Revzilla. I also checked A&S Cycles, Sierra BMW and GOAZ and no one has it yet.

I am familiar with running TKC-80s on my bikes and love them (except for the mileage, of course). What I wondered about is whether the 110 /80 R19 that is available would be a problem on the highway on the '13 R12GSW. Seems that it will be okay off pavement even though it is not exactly the right size but I gotta do a lot of highway with a loaded bike to get to the off pavement part. Maybe I should just ride the Anakee lll's and not overthink this.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #10012
pauljm
R1200GS WC

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonopah View Post
>Why not order online then. I saw them both on Revzilla & I am sure there must be many other US sites that probably offer them. Just an idea.<

The front TKC-80 120/70 R 19 is not in stock at Revzilla. I also checked A&S Cycles, Sierra BMW and GOAZ and no one has it yet.

I am familiar with running TKC-80s on my bikes and love them (except for the mileage, of course). What I wondered about is whether the 110 /80 R19 that is available would be a problem on the highway on the '13 R12GSW. Seems that it will be okay off pavement even though it is not exactly the right size but I gotta do a lot of highway with a loaded bike to get to the off pavement part. Maybe I should just ride the Anakee lll's and not overthink this.
They had the karoo 3s last time I looked. Probably a better option by the sound of them if your doing a lot of blacktop. I really liked the karoo T's on my f800gs.

R1200GS LC
pauljm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #10013
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Yep. Karoo 3's are there. My mistake -- gonna order them.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #10014
CheesyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
My wife took a GS out for a long demo ride today. She came back with a big smile on her face! She was quite impressed with how light it felt compared to her Bandit. She loved the brakes, the easy clutch pull, and the handling. Unfortunately, her long ride meant there was only time for me to take a short spin. The most surprising thing for me is how much I liked the engine. I loved the sound and was quite pleased with the power. The engine had just the right blend of character and refinement. After riding the GS, it's going to be hard for me to go back to the "whirly" sound of my FJR.

I can tell this thing is a wheelie machine. I accidentally got the front end up a bit, so I held back a little after that. Does the GS have wheelie control? I forgot to ask the salesman when I got back.

I'll need to take another demo ride, but I have a feeling a GS is in my future.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #10015
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post

I can tell this thing is a wheelie machine. I accidentally got the front end up a bit, so I held back a little after that. Does the GS have wheelie control? I forgot to ask the salesman when I got back.
Traction control should do the trick.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #10016
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,474
As an Englishman i never thought i'd ask this question - but how is the GSW holding up in the heat?

(We are 3 weeks into what passes as a heatwave here BTW).
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #10017
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
As an Englishman i never thought i'd ask this question - but how is the GSW holding up in the heat?

(We are 3 weeks into what passes as a heatwave here BTW).
Been cracking up reading the DM about this "heatwave." Temps hit 90, panic ensues.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #10018
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,474
That is what passes for news here. "Pisses down for 4 months straight" isn't a headline here.

Upside - lots of good bike time.

Downside - Fat women with sunburn.

Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #10019
iride4u
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
No problems with heat so far, I have had it out in temps that are over 100.
iride4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #10020
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljm View Post
Easy solution to the wife problem. Just a get a new one as well to complement the new bike. :)

or maybe threaten to if she doesn't come on board. Or work harder on her, I found being relentless usually wears them down.

Ok so it took me a few months to convince my wife as well that it was a great idea. Still not sure how I got that one past her. But it seemed easy now.

Working on new tyres & Akra exhaust at the moment. :)
I have a deal with my wife. If I get a new bike, she gets a new purse. When I got the GSW, she got a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM. She never complains about me getting a new bike now.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote