User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #10321
I GS 1
I 90S I

Oddometer: 622
The Ride of Your Life - One World, One R1200GS movie/DVD

Has anybody had any luck purchasing a copy of this DVD online through the T3 Shop - official partner of BMW Motorrad? They told me that they would send me a URL to enable me to track it once it was shipped. They also gave me an earliest and latest delivery date for La Poste couriers (highest shipping charge I have ever had to pay for a package from Europe to New Zealand). They were very prompt in telling me that it had been shipped but I have never received the tracking details. It is now a full week over that latest delivery date and I can't get them to answer any of my emails.
I GS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #10322
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by I GS 1 View Post
It is interesting to see how often that urge keeps coming back to you - they must have something that makes you want one deep down
Indeed they do. 1st boxer was a '96 RT, currently ride a R12R and a few other Marques. I did a test ride on a LC GS and was delighted. The question is.... Do I keep my Yamaha Super Tenere or move to a LC GS. All of my riding in on road but the Adv. style bike appeals to me because of it's design, comfort, and lack of body work. If I move to th LC GS it will have the low suspenion option...... Sorta like an oversized roadster.

I'm not a fan boy for any particular brand, I buy what works best for me and the Yamaha S10 works well. It Sits a little higher then I'd like and the cruise control on the LC GS is very nice. Decisions, decisions, decisions???
Regards, Paul
Old 08-10-2013, 02:55 AM   #10323
numbutt
john

Oddometer: 99
Buy a KTM and move up !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
Indeed they do. 1st boxer was a '96 RT, currently ride a R12R and a few other Marques. I did a test ride on a LC GS and was delighted. The question is.... Do I keep my Yamaha Super Tenere or move to a LC GS. All of my riding in on road but the Adv. style bike appeals to me because of it's design, comfort, and lack of body work. If I move to th LC GS it will have the low suspenion option...... Sorta like an oversized roadster.

I'm not a fan boy for any particular brand, I buy what works best for me and the Yamaha S10 works well. It Sits a little higher then I'd like and the cruise control on the LC GS is very nice. Decisions, decisions, decisions???
Regards, Paul

I know I will get a lot of flak for this but wait for the KTM1190 to arrive state side.....I got an 1190r and the only BMW WC's I have seen have been in my mirrors... its much faster, really silky smooth gearbox , a clutch with real smooth feel , no surging at all ...sorry I better not go on I am going to get pasted ....!!
numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #10324
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbutt View Post
I know I will get a lot of flak for this but wait for the KTM1190 to arrive state side.....I got an 1190r and the only BMW WC's I have seen have been in my mirrors... its much faster, really silky smooth gearbox , a clutch with real smooth feel , no surging at all ...sorry I better not go on I am going to get pasted ....!!
To each his own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #10325
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,187
The All New 2013 LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Quote:
Sooo we buy a big $$$$ BMW and we need to learn to ride around a design flaw.
Does that really make sense?

Whenever I get the urge for a new LC I come to this thread, read a few post and the desire is gone. Thanks for all the help guys.

Regards, Paul
A pleasure. Every forum needs a martyr, thanks for stepping up! :-)

But seriously, as pointed out by others, you'd never buy anything if you went by the forums... As an example, my f800gs hasn't bent its suspension mount, the tank hasn't cracked, the rims haven't bent, the throttle isn't snatchy, the clutch hasn't failed at 5000 miles and it hasn't consumed a litre of oil every thousand miles. The only warranty work I've had was to replace a pannier lid cable, a £2 part.

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle

duffs screwed with this post 08-10-2013 at 04:20 AM
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #10326
bmwrider1946
Young Old Fart

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Sooo we buy a big $$$$ BMW and we need to learn to ride around a design flaw.
Does that really make sense?

Whenever I get the urge for a new LC I come to this thread, read a few post and the desire is gone. Thanks for all the help guys.

Regards, Paul
I, for one, could not be happier with my new WC. It is, by far, the most exciting bike I have ever owned. Is it perfect? Probably not. So far I have had only very minor problems and my dealer has been right on top of them. I questioned buying it in the first year but after I got it and rode it 30 miles, the doubts never entered my mind again. I keep thinking how unfortunate it would have been to wait a year or two and deprived myself of the pure enjoyment I get from this motorcycle. I guess you might say I am a glass half full kinda guy and this glass has been overflowing.
bmwrider1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #10327
atwoodtja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbutt View Post
Whenever I get the urge to go orange, I just go the Crush forums and read a few posts...
Old 08-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #10328
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider1946 View Post
I, for one, could not be happier with my new WC. It is, by far, the most exciting bike I have ever owned. Is it perfect? Probably not. So far I have had only very minor problems and my dealer has been right on top of them. I questioned buying it in the first year but after I got it and rode it 30 miles, the doubts never entered my mind again. I keep thinking how unfortunate it would have been to wait a year or two and deprived myself of the pure enjoyment I get from this motorcycle. I guess you might say I am a glass half full kinda guy and this glass has been overflowing.
It is indeed a great bike. I think, from a purely visual standpoint, it is very well designed. It just looks like fun. It's beautifull in an ugly way. One of my favorite things is the "fangs" they put on the beak! I'm glad I bought my 2013.
steelerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #10329
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
People buying a GS for cruise control......Jebus

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #10330
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodtja View Post
Whenever I get the urge to go orange, I just go the Crush forums and read a few posts...
Yes, me to. Came very close to buying a 990 SMT as a day ride toy. That, along with a 690 Duke still keep me awake at nights.....
Nearest dealer is a few hours away and I no longer havea bike trailer.

Regards, Paul

Roadscum screwed with this post 08-10-2013 at 09:11 AM
Roadscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #10331
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Come on, leave me alone will ya.

With a Yamaha S10 in the garage I gotta find a reason to consider the LC GS. That S10 is one hell of a fine ride but I've had it for almost two years now, for me that's a looooooooong time to own a bike.

Regards, Paul
Old 08-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #10332
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Not only for the cruise control, but what a bonus it is finally to have properly integrated and accurate cruise control on a GS!

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #10333
sbrownn
SlowMo

Oddometer: 457
Yup

Quote:
Wasn't sure whether I wanted it or not but after having it I would never buy another bike without it. It is so easy to use, works so well I use it every time I ride the bike. Without a doubt one of the best features of the LC.
sbrownn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #10334
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 832
Thumb What a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrider1946 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I've owned a number of bikes in the last 10+ years since I resumed riding and the GS LC is by far the best bike I've had. The LC is a hoot and a blast to ride!
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #10335
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrownn View Post
Wasn't sure whether I wanted it or not but after having it I would never buy another bike without it. It is so easy to use, works so well I use it every time I ride the bike. Without a doubt one of the best features of the LC.
Couldn't agree more !!

I use the CC in town often to "help" keep the speed out of the "danger danger" category

Dave