ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #121
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense
 
optimum_malarky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Northern California.... twisty
Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis power View Post
found a naked one owner 03 sv1000 about a 150 miles from me with 2,000 miles on it. going to go pick it up tomorrow morning. will post up pics when i get it home.
$2500.00
This could be my exact post except for two small differences: the one I found was NOT $2500 (lucky guy) and it has after market cans, headlights, barend mirrors and signals, plus all the original gear and a new battery/tank recall completed.

I, too, am one happy camper!
__________________
Current: 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 1999 Honda VFR800i

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #122
WAP
Weekday Warrior
 
WAP's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: the cut
Oddometer: 977
Here's mine in two-up camping trim.

__________________
2002 GS500
2007 SV1S For Sale!
2013 990 SMT
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #123
vernon dent
Studly Adventurer
 
vernon dent's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: apparently halfway to motorcycle hell
Oddometer: 700
okay, picked up my 03 on friday. the seller lived a couple of miles down a dirt road off a state highway. the dirt road turned into basically a dried creek bed. got it out of his dirt floor garage/shed/hideout and it fired up after a jump. covered in dried clay. literally rode hard and put away wet. no damage on the sv besides a scratch on the back of the tank, just neglected. struck a deal, loaded it in the tundra and headed home.about four hours of cleaning, changed the original eight year old oil and filter, flushed the rear brake (front brake and clutch to follow), bought a new battery, aired up the tires and i'm riding. 2400 miles for $2500.00 dollars
__________________
I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work.
Oddball
vernon dent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #124
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded
 
Dranrab Luap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Oddometer: 29,900
Damn sweet find Axis. Congrats.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #125
jfurf
Studly Adventurer
 
jfurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: The ATL, aka Spaghetti Junction
Oddometer: 942
Nice barn find. You can call yourself a restorer now.
jfurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #126
vernon dent
Studly Adventurer
 
vernon dent's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: apparently halfway to motorcycle hell
Oddometer: 700
when i changed the oil i had to grasp the filler cap with a adjustable wrench. took almost three full turns before i could loosen it by hand.
__________________
I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work.
Oddball
vernon dent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #127
D.T.
One wheel wonder...
 
D.T.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Moneyapolis, MN
Oddometer: 9,626
Thumb

Where are you located?

Since it was put away so shitty maybe it was stolen?

Did ya get a title? Original oil still in it?

Nice find! (if it wasn't stolen)

Let's see a pic of the Kawasaki! Video with sound would be even better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by burgerking So?
Holland is about the most expensive country in Europe when it comes to bikes and fuel..Stop whining and go riding It's just money and you only live once...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #128
vernon dent
Studly Adventurer
 
vernon dent's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: apparently halfway to motorcycle hell
Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Where are you located?

Since it was put away so shitty maybe it was stolen?

Did ya get a title? Original oil still in it?

Nice find! (if it wasn't stolen)

Let's see a pic of the Kawasaki! Video with sound would be even better.
clear title and lein release, seller bought it new. intended as a commuter, got run off one of the backroads coming home at night then parked it.
the kaw's got nuttin' on this one if you like loud, just delivered 85 gs1150. back tire and baffle will make it street legal shortly.
__________________
I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work.
Oddball
vernon dent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #129
J_White
should be working
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: NE Mississippi
Oddometer: 325
Going to test ride and hopefully buy an '07 S this Sunday...
a little over 6,000 miles, but with a dent in the tank and a dinged but supposedly still functional front wheel.

Haven't been this excited over anything in awhile

Sure a bar conversion and lower pegs will soon be in the works.
Curious about where to find the Buell pegs, what with the Buell
situation now?

axis power - man that 1150 brings back memories! Bought a used one just like that with 2,500 miles in '86.
Nearly killed myself on it, but not the bikes fault, over-eager under skilled twenty-something behind the bars...
rude handling on my part of the brakes resulted in a monumental tank slapper at high speed that turned into a low side. Ouch.
J_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #130
J_White
should be working
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: NE Mississippi
Oddometer: 325
Well, rode it, looked it over and did the deal, go back to pick it up
tomorrow hopefully. Lots of nicks and dings, but will give me a project
to work on. Only a bit over 6,200 miles on it though.


J_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #131
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cin City, OH
Oddometer: 6,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_White View Post
Going to test ride and hopefully buy an '07 S this Sunday...
a little over 6,000 miles, but with a dent in the tank and a dinged but supposedly still functional front wheel.

Haven't been this excited over anything in awhile

Sure a bar conversion and lower pegs will soon be in the works.
Curious about where to find the Buell pegs, what with the Buell
situation now?

axis power - man that 1150 brings back memories! Bought a used one just like that with 2,500 miles in '86.
Nearly killed myself on it, but not the bikes fault, over-eager under skilled twenty-something behind the bars...
rude handling on my part of the brakes resulted in a monumental tank slapper at high speed that turned into a low side. Ouch.
The pegs were a pretty popular item, probably any Harley dealer who sold Buell, and maybe even if they didn't, might have them in stock or can order them for you.

They were under $30/pair, but can you live with yourself having Harley parts on your bike? I did, they were pretty nice stuff. Curb feelers were too long though, while I had the Dremel out fitting them, I cut about 1 1/2" off of them.

Another nice mod is to substitute an SV650 shifter, it acts like a "short shift kit" on the 1000.
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #132
J_White
should be working
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: NE Mississippi
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
The pegs were a pretty popular item, probably any Harley dealer who sold Buell, and maybe even if they didn't, might have them in stock or can order them for you.

They were under $30/pair, but can you live with yourself having Harley parts on your bike? I did, they were pretty nice stuff. Curb feelers were too long though, while I had the Dremel out fitting them, I cut about 1 1/2" off of them.

Another nice mod is to substitute an SV650 shifter, it acts like a "short shift kit" on the 1000.
Thank you, I'll try the place in Jackson Tn. Was loafing around in there
other day while a friend picked up his bike, saw they had a lot of Buell
pictures and stuff on the wall in the customer's lounge area still.
I appreciate any tips like the shifter, looking forwards to lots of tinkering.
J_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #133
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer
 
Süsser Tod's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis power View Post
when i changed the oil i had to grasp the filler cap with a adjustable wrench. took almost three full turns before i could loosen it by hand.
That's the way it is because of the fine thread. That's also why you have to turn it so much after the gasket has made contact.


By the way, I just came in to say that the more I ride my SV the more I like her! I do find the hot frame annoying in the traffic, but that v-twin growl is worth it! Right now she is resting in storage, I was getting a bit too looney.
Süsser Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #134
wallache
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wallache's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: PHX, AZ
Oddometer: 378
I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago:


A nice simple bike. No tubberware panels or bold graphics. Just gas it up and ride.
wallache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #135
J_White
should be working
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: NE Mississippi
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallache View Post
I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago:


A nice simple bike. No tubberware panels or bold graphics. Just gas it up and ride.
Nice! Wish I'd have ran across an N, but the S kind of found me.
Just got done putting a set of mx bars on it, took off the clip-ons.

Impatiently watching the door for UPS to arrive with N model footpeg
holders and Buell pegs. Pretty sure after I get that sorted my next
project will be changing up the mirrors, probably gonna put block-off
plates on the fairing and go with handlebar mounted mirrors.
Can't get used to having to put my elbow in front of my chest to see
anything behind me.

I have a crazy urge to ditch the whole fairing
and put a different headlight on it, mayby Triumph street triple
"boobies". Looked at the old GS headlight I have in my parts pile,
but it is so fugly don't know if the SV could pull it off

Anyone have any thoughts good/bad about the Suzuki accessory
gel seat?
J_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014