Termignoni!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #1577
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheffers View Post

Termignoni!!!!!!!
I sense a pattern here.......GREAT CHOICES!!!!!!!
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #1578
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #1579
scheffers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
thanx for the positive input guys!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #1580
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheffers View Post
thanx for the positive input guys!

OH BABY.....Exhaust is on. Can't believe that's a K.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #1581
scheffers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
It isn't a K anymore, it 's a RS, (Roel Scheffers)
Old 01-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1582
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
BEFORE

ALMOST COMPLETED AFTER

Stock, thats a nice bike except for the fruitcake seat. IMO a brown seat on an aluminum/blue bike is like a black Armani suit worn with brown shoes. OTOH, looking at the two photos, except for the improved brakes, the stock bikes looks as good as or better than the modded version. BMW didn't drop the ball too many times when they designed the K Line.

I've seen Larry's work here and there for several years and hes very good at creating his parts bin specials but things like that /5 headlamp on his beige bike (Which is too small.) and that overly long Airhead muffler on a K75, kinda grate on the senses. It reminds me of an early /5 SWB with later LWB full length mufflers installed. Unbalanced. A stripped and polished stock K unit would seem more fitting with the overall theme. I really like Larry's attention to detail but I sure wish he'd try working with a stylist.

Whens it going to be done? I cant wait to see your bike in person and I hope that you ride the Hell out of it.

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.

Hawk Medicine screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 02:44 PM
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #1583
Zagando
BMW uber alles!

Oddometer: 1,031
One thumb up, one thumb down...

Sorry, Madison, but I have to agree. How about a Navy Blue saddle, at least?

Some of those German custom K bikes we've seen in pages past have had some great muffler designs, too.

Otherwise I'd say your bike is killer!

ex: '94 K75S "Berlina" '92 R100GSPD
'85 K100RS '73 R75/5 '65 R60/2
Zagando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #1584
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
Sorry, Madison, but I have to agree. How about a Navy Blue saddle, at least?

Some of those German custom K bikes we've seen in pages past have had some great muffler designs, too.

Otherwise I'd say your bike is killer!
Well, you always have to have a Plan B. For me, blue is always a questionable color and is difficult to match up with other color details. I will have a better idea when I see the bike in person. I will say that this color has a split personality and in some pics like the very first on this thread looks more blue gray and beautiful. Either way, we are talking about things that can be easily adjusted. But for me the greatest attribute to Larry's bikes are how better than new they turn out. To do simple service on a 30 year old bike, the ability to get parts for it easily and just enjoy her is a true gift.

PLAN B Single Seat

Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #1585
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
All black. Much easier to sell if you decide to switch to something else later.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #1586
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Facebook photo

madisonreid screwed with this post 01-29-2012 at 11:31 AM
Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #1587
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Neat pic
frogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #1588
NCStephen
Riding NC

Oddometer: 2,990
seat color,

Well the sand brown colored seat shouldn't be just through out yet. If you notice a lot of Euro Cars, they match similar tan/brown leather interiors with similar color exteriors, (blues, greys blue-grays and blacks)
The solo seat is sweet but you were putting together a bike that is more a naked standard than a sport tourer, sport on older K bike. I think the seat you have now is a better match for the refurbished/updated/chrome look you have so far.

styling,

As for the one doing this, his style and eye for things was a known product before you started. You noticed his work and liked it. Not all looks satisfy all folks. You are getting a bike with new pizzazz in a package that appealed to you. No more, No less than those that set out to make a cafe racer, a fully farkled tourer, make it just like an OEM bike or even a rat bike. It is yours. Enjoy the positive comments and the ones that say it is nice but isn't their cup of tea. I find the same in how folks personalize the K RS/GT like mine.

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #1589
NCStephen
Riding NC

Oddometer: 2,990
seat color,

Well the sand brown colored seat shouldn't be just thrown out yet. If you notice a lot of Euro Cars, they match similar tan/brown leather interiors with similar color exteriors, (blues, greys blue-grays and blacks)
The solo seat is sweet but you were putting together a bike that is more a naked standard than a sport tourer, sport on older K bike. I think the seat you have now is a better match for the refurbished/updated/chrome look you have so far.

styling,

As for the one doing this, his style and eye for things was a known product before you started. You noticed his work and liked it. Not all looks satisfy all folks. You are getting a bike with new pizzazz in a package that appealed to you. No more, No less than those that set out to make a cafe racer, a fully farkled tourer, make it just like an OEM bike or even a rat bike. It is yours. Enjoy the positive comments and the ones that say it is nice but isn't their cup of tea. I find the same in how folks personalize the K RS/GT like mine.

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #1590
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStephen View Post
seat color,

Well the sand brown colored seat shouldn't be just thrown out yet. If you notice a lot of Euro Cars, they match similar tan/brown leather interiors with similar color exteriors, (blues, greys blue-grays and blacks)

styling,

NCS
Well, like I said the bike looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Most likely it will be enjoyed and not reinvented. I do like the look of the solo seat mostly because of it's shape. But time in the saddle will determine which one gets gets the thumb's up. Besides that, the bike is pretty spectacular.