Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,699
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #1669
pannonia
n00b

Oddometer: 1
i have your old bike!

Hey madisonreid, Imagine my surprise when I saw my new (your old) bike on this site! I bought a '98 C with ostrich leather two up seats, staintune, lightbar, wide euro bars with riser and windshied in great condition with 47K miles on it this summer. and it's gold. i bought it from someone north of Seattle, who I think has owned it for a few years, I think he was the third owner. I know he did not do any of the mods himself - maybe they were yours? A lot of the reason i bought it was that it already had the staintunes, I also really liked the color scheme (with black fenders and engine guard). Since getting it, I've removed the risers and windshield (I'm not that tall and not quite the adventure rider where I need a windshield), replaced the plugs with Brisk, and put a "booster plug" in (powercommander for this bike).

I figured I'd just send a note and say I'm enjoying what must be your old ride. And not sure how long you owned it or if any of the mods were yours, but I'd love any past information you have (good or bad by the way...."watch the XXX not it tends to fall off..."

Cheers,
harrison (Pannonia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
Thank you. The color did come out spectacular and changed the visual character of the bike. The original color was that minty greenish color. I'm certain Duck knows the proper color name. A previous owner painted her black. When we stripped all the paint off the tank we found a old repair that was at the end of it's life cycle. Repaired it and moved on. I painted my R1200C the same metallic Gold Silver and was very excited about the end result. I think the BMW guys are a lttle color blind or were in competition with SAAB for who could put the least appealing color on a motorcycle/car. Don't get me wrong......Love my BMWs and Saabs. Good stuff.
pannonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #1670
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
Who makes that exhaust can? Anybody recognize it?
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #1671
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannonia View Post
Hey madisonreid, Imagine my surprise when I saw my new (your old) bike on this site! I bought a '98 C with ostrich leather two up seats, staintune, lightbar, wide euro bars with riser and windshied in great condition with 47K miles on it this summer. and it's gold. i bought it from someone north of Seattle, who I think has owned it for a few years, I think he was the third owner. I know he did not do any of the mods himself - maybe they were yours? A lot of the reason i bought it was that it already had the staintunes, I also really liked the color scheme (with black fenders and engine guard). Since getting it, I've removed the risers and windshield (I'm not that tall and not quite the adventure rider where I need a windshield), replaced the plugs with Brisk, and put a "booster plug" in (powercommander for this bike).

I figured I'd just send a note and say I'm enjoying what must be your old ride. And not sure how long you owned it or if any of the mods were yours, but I'd love any past information you have (good or bad by the way...."watch the XXX not it tends to fall off..."

Cheers,
harrison (Pannonia)
YEP.....that be my old bike. I had her for about 2 years. She was originally Orange and well maintained. Every option was put on under my watch. She is very beautiful with the gold body and black accent. The person who owned it after me was a fine gentleman. He was deciding between this and a few Harleys . His wife was with him and had the finally say. He married a very smart woman. Not much to say about her other than I think you have a very nice and unique R1200C that is very comfortable and light weight. You should have a great time together. Enjoy and ride safe.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:05 AM   #1672
scheffers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
update!! had some stuff cut out of aluminium and stainless, finally i fitted the topfairing, now i can start working on the tank just some pics i took today:

motor

bulblamp will fit in here

for "race"

stainless

alu

Old 03-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #1673
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
So cool.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #1674
sirio59
the red

Oddometer: 3
Greetings from Italy

I would like just to greet all of you, I'm also owner K75C '89 red I don't know how to post picture. I like very much this forum and I got very nice idea how to customize my byke
I live in Roma
sirio59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #1675
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #1676
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio59 View Post
I would like just to greet all of you, I'm also owner K75C '89 red I don't know how to post picture. I like very much this forum and I got very nice idea how to customize my byke
I live in Roma

Welcome.....
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #1677
duck
Banned

Wow. That must have taken LOTS of time and money. Looks like the only thing K on that is the drive train....
Old 03-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #1678
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick rider View Post
Its a Brune BMW....

http://classic.brunegmbh.de/html-de/.../brune-bmw.htm

30kg;s lighter than a stock K1, they either build them for you or you buy a kit, I am reasonably sure the frames are made by Martin in France in a joint venture.

Love the wheels on this one.
frogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #1679
duck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick rider View Post
That's some funky K right there. Cool that they incorporated the K1 ketchup and mustard paint scheme.

The one with the purple valve cover just doesn't sit well with me for some reason.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #1680
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Update for delivery

SpecialK has been asked to participate in the Quail Motorcycle Show in Carmel California the weekend of May 5th. Larry will be interviewed by MotoJournal France highlighting his work and my K as example. I will be meeting him in Portland for delivery that Monday/Tuesday.