Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #166
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
Duck,
Did they make a belly pan other than the S version for the K75 ? I like the styling of the K100 And K1100.
Nope, just the S style. There's a local guy who has one mounted on a K75RT - looks pretty good.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #167
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
That's a K100RS belly pan. You tell by how it mounts to the bracket under the engine.
That's the one. It's a solid rubber thing and sits on a steel sub-frame that bolts to the sump for quick(ish) release (oil & filter changes).

Many years ago I fitted one to my RT. It needed a little cut off from the upper rear of the belly-pan to accommodate the RT fairing at its lowest point.

Apologies for the scanned photo; pre-digital days.

I suppose I must have a strong dislike for the underside of the K-Series engine. I've fitted a 75S belly-pan to my 75C.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #168
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,700
I suppose I must have a strong dislike for the underside of the K-Series engine. I've fitted a 75S belly-pan to my 75C.

[/QUOTE]

You have a very Nice K75C.

I had one on my first K

My new K will have the crash bars and axillary lights. So fitting a chin spoiler would be a little difficult. I like the K100 spoiler because of the lower profile. I may have Larry make one up and switch out the crash bars later.
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #169
duck
Banned

The "crash bars" are rubber mounted and pretty worthless for anything other than a parking lot drop. In a real getoff they'll rip right off so (just my .02) I think the aesthetics of the belly pan make it a better option.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #170
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,422
Quote:

You have a very Nice K75C.
Thanks. I've decided that it may be time to move it onwards and look for something else.

As Duck says, the K-Series engine bars are more for show, or sticking some extra lights on, than any real protection. I've seen faired K's actually suffer more damage in minor spills when the bars cut through the fairing lowers before snapping-off at the mountings.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #171
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #172
duck
Banned

Somebody stole his coil cover.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #173
plateau
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

this K75s is at local dealer and is in tidy condition- if anyone is interested in a clean, low mileage K in a particularly nice color combo?

http://www.sandiabmwmotorcycles.com/...R0&veh=1976783

(looks better in person)
plateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #174
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

BEAUTIFUL
Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 AM   #175
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The "crash bars" are rubber mounted and pretty worthless for anything other than a parking lot drop. In a real getoff they'll rip right off so (just my .02) I think the aesthetics of the belly pan make it a better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. T. T-W View Post
Thanks. I've decided that it may be time to move it onwards and look for something else.

As Duck says, the K-Series engine bars are more for show, or sticking some extra lights on, than any real protection. I've seen faired K's actually suffer more damage in minor spills when the bars cut through the fairing lowers before snapping-off at the mountings.
Well, I liked the chin spoiler on my first K75 and will have one painted and installed on the SpecialK. Larry suggested intergrating some LED axillary lights into the chin spoiler. Not sure about that one but when Larry gets a idea.... Stay tuned.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #176
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #177
duck
Banned

Quote:
Well, I liked the chin spoiler on my first K75 and will have one painted and installed on the SpecialK. Larry suggested intergrating some LED axillary lights into the chin spoiler. Not sure about that one but when Larry gets a idea.... Stay tuned.
Not really sure what purpose LEDs would serve on the belly pan. Down that low I doubt they'd be of much use in the conspicuity department.

Maybe you could rice it up by filling the belly pan with purple neon underlighting.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #178
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Not really sure what purpose LEDs would serve on the belly pan. Down that low I doubt they'd be of much use in the conspicuity department.

Maybe you could rice it up by filling the belly pan with purple neon underlighting.
My concern is location. Having them low behind the wheels makes them very exposed to impact. LED choice was to reduce electrical load and they're brighter. He will be working on bike this week and next. We'll see where he goes with it. My personal choice at this point is to get the axillary lights up near the headlight for a larger mass of light. Your suggestion for BLING lighting will be ignored

madisonreid screwed with this post 03-15-2011 at 08:17 AM
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #179
duck
Banned

If you want to be SEEN then check out the aux lights in my avatar. I have them on all of my bikes and will probably never own a bike without them. You can check them out in person when I come to see your new toy when it gets here. Very simple to fork mount with stainless bolts and spacers.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #180
duck
Banned

Quote:
My concern is location. Having them low behind the wheels makes them very exposed to impact. LED choice was to reduce electrical load and they're brighter. He will be working on bike this week and next. We'll see where he goes with it. My personal choice at this point is to get the axillary lights up near the headlight for a larger mass of light. Your suggestion for BLING lighting will be ignored
I assume Larry's put a 50A alternator in your bike so you should have oodles of spare watts - making lighting loads a complete non-issue.

My K75 has the 50A alternator. I run a 90W low beam with 2x70W fog lights and have plenty of watts left over for heated gear or whatever.