Woodcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #2687
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer2012 View Post
Hi all...

Is the top box in this pic, the same as Im looking at in our trade me listing.?
What K bikes will it fit.?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=669403457

Cheers Jeremy.

Yes it is.

The same box will also fit the mono boxer tail rack.

As Woodcock said it fits on the tail rack ... but you'll also need the retainer plate that slips into the rack so that the dzus fastener inside the box can lock it to the rack.

Some RS and LT's came with colour matched panniers and top box on later models.

Swim over ... all my shit is just sitting here collecting dust. Bags, racks, RS and LT fairing , complete tail section ( lights , rack etc ) and top box.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #2688
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Yes it is.

The same box will also fit the mono boxer tail rack.

As Woodcock said it fits on the tail rack ... but you'll also need the retainer plate that slips into the rack so that the dzus fastener inside the box can lock it to the rack.

Some RS and LT's came with colour matched panniers and top box on later models.

Swim over ... all my shit is just sitting here collecting dust. Bags, racks, RS and LT fairing , complete tail section ( lights , rack etc ) and top box.

Thanks for the replies to both of you... And your pic FR700... These forums are shore great resources...

Looking like the box here for sale will need a mounting plate then, shall check with him, also looks like it could do with painting for a fussy owner, haha...
FR i can swim, but your a bit far, sadly, but shall keep that idea in mind...

Cheers Jeremy.
Wanderer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #2689
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

K75s What you think.?

Those in the know whom have K75s experience mite like to critique this bike, share your thoughts, for sale in my town, an going by the pics, looks in very nice shape... But has no abs, from factory, and i cant decide if thats a bad thing or not...
My current ride is a R1100s, and also no abs, have had many bikes, but non yet with abs...

Your thoughts would be welcome...

Cheers Jeremy.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=666344598
Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #2690
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Thanks for the replies to both of you... And your pic FR700... These forums are shore great resources...

FR i can swim, but your a bit far, sadly, but shall keep that idea in mind...

Cheers Jeremy.

I'm only a days swim west of you ya big girl

Quote:

Your thoughts would be welcome...

Cheers Jeremy.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=666344598

Been tampered with.

K75 badge on the tail is centered , it should be in the far right corner. Speedo' reads in mph and red reflectors on the lower rear guard - denotes a likely yank import.

Small 'city bags' ... meh , personal thing. Full size panniers use the same racks so not a problem.
No rear rack as standard for an S , unusual but not outside the realms of being factory.
No hazard lights , that is unusual. Heated grips look to be aftermarket such as Oxford etc.
Screen is aftermarket as are the mirrors.
Last of the Y spoke wheel models.
Lightly dropped and resprayed - look for evidence. Bent brake lever and no bar end weights are a hint.
No abs is a good thing ... when I get one with gen' 1 or 2 abs I take it of and bin it whether it works or not ( about 8 kilo's )
Your arse will either like the corbin or hate it ... there is no in-between.
Test ride before you buy at highway speed as some people can't live with the buffeting that comes off the S fairing.

I'd go 2500 in ozzie pesos for that one max.

FR700 screwed with this post 12-01-2013 at 10:53 PM
FR700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #2691
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

Quote:
I'm only a days swim west of you ya big girl

Been tampered with.

K75 badge on the tail is centered , it should be in the far right corner. Speedo' reads in mph and red reflectors on the lower rear guard - denotes a likely yank import.

Small 'city bags' ... meh , personal thing. Full size panniers use the same racks so not a problem.
No rear rack as standard for an S , unusual but not outside the realms of being factory.
No hazard lights , that is unusual. Heated grips look to be aftermarket such as Oxford etc.
Lightly dropped and resprayed - look for evidence. Bent brake lever and no bar end weights are a hint.
No abs is a good thing ... when I get one with gen' 1 or 2 abs I take it of and bin it whether it works or not ( about 8 kilo's )
Your arse will either like the corbin or hate it ... there is no in-between.
Test ride before you buy at highway speed as some people can't live with the buffeting that comes off the S fairing.

Great eye for detail FR... Thanks, an yes he did say in a previous question it is a US import, came in around 95 i think... Did wonder about the paint, it looks way to good to be original me thinks, as for bar end weights, and bent lever, i had not picked them up, so good work...
Is that aftermarket fairing screen taller than a stock one, I rode one many years ago, was a mates, an thinking it had a stock screen, was good an no buffet i remember...

As for the days swim, ummm yea in a 747 maybe...

Cheers Jeremy
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #2692
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,418
Quote:
Been tampered with.

No hazard lights , that is unusual.

The K75 never had bar-end weights and those Y-spoke wheels are the earlier ones (they have the concave rims - later have flat rims) so the bike may be older than it appears.

The other thing is that the two rubber strips between the fairing upper side panels and the tank shouldn't be there. They are possibly the strips that fit on the inside of the side panels, below where they are now.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #2693
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. T. T-W View Post
The K75 never had bar-end weights and those Y-spoke wheels are the earlier ones (they have the concave rims - later have flat rims) so the bike may be older than it appears.

The other thing is that the two rubber strips between the fairing upper side panels and the tank shouldn't be there. They are possibly the strips that fit on the inside of the side panels, below where they are now.
Thank you A.T.T-W...

Hows this one compare to your yellow one that went to your son in law..?
Looks pretty clean in the engine area...
Looking like this one will sell for around 4200 nzd, or half that to pounds, but we always pay to much for stuff as small market an volume here...

Cheers Jeremy
Old 12-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #2694
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:

You are correct sir , no end weights, my bad. 120 crank didn't warrant them.

Black painted wheels I've found have a different profile on the spokes and shoulder compared to the silver ones.

Pick of the crop. Last of the 75's.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #2695
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Quote:
Thank you A.T.T-W...

Hows this one compare to your yellow one that went to your son in law..?
Looks pretty clean in the engine area...
Looking like this one will sell for around 4200 nzd, or half that to pounds, but we always pay to much for stuff as small market an volume here...

Cheers Jeremy
You're welcome Jeremy. It looks quite good in the enlarged images. It's definitely been given a spruce-up and doesn't detract from it at all IMO.

The side panel rubbers might make me think that it was done by someone who had little experience of the model but it's a minor quibble. I'd want to check that the rest of the fairing mounts are correct, the wrong fit could lead to stress damage in time.

As you say, values are relative. If the price is okay for the market it would make a nice starting point, a usable bike that you can tinker with if you want to.

Mike.

Quote:

Black painted wheels I've found have a different profile on the spokes and shoulder compared to the silver ones.
You are correct. The spokes and the rim where the bare "stripe" joins the spokes is machined flat. That's because the wheels were coated and then the machining left the bare bits.

There are two distinct versions of both the black and the silver wheels. BMW altered the design to add some strength to the rim.

The early versions have a concave profile to the rim:

The later version has a flat section outer rim:

I understand that the change was driven by some earlier wheels suffering damage. I believe that the alloy changed slightly too. That's only based upon my experience that one version corrodes more easily that the other.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #2696
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:

There are two distinct versions of both the black and the silver wheels. BMW altered the design to add some strength to the rim.

The early versions have a concave profile to the rim:

The later version has a flat section outer rim:

I understand that the change was driven by some earlier wheels suffering damage. I believe that the alloy changed slightly too. That's only based upon my experience that one version corrode s more easily that the other.

Just went and checked the ' 88 LT rims. Both concave.

We don't get salt here , so which ones have you found corrode faster ?

How goes the 1100 LT rebuild ?

Pity you are so far away as I've got a heap of stuff from a ' 96 1100 RS you could have used on your 1100 LT rebuild.
I was watching you pull all your indicators out and scrounging for a good set while I looked at my perfect set sitting in the corner. 4 pot brembo's, complete RS front end ... stuff you would have killed for.

Have fun.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #2697
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

Quote:
Just went and checked the ' 88 LT rims. Both concave.

Pity you are so far away as I've got a heap of stuff from a ' 96 1100 RS you could have used on your 1100 LT rebuild.
I was watching you pull all your indicators out and scrounging for a good set while I looked at my perfect set sitting in the corner. 4 pot brembo's, complete RS front end ... stuff you would have killed for.

Have fun.

I to am hanging out for more updates from A.T.T-W...
Spent a eve reading through your black K1 fettle on uk gs forum, an wondering if you have posted anything new in any places... Love your work, eye for detail, an the results, an you sir, are single handedly responsible for me looking for a red or blue K1, haha, but it does need to be low miles an pretty good nick for me to take...
See your in Plymouth, one of my home towns, mother was from Saltash, I lived in Plymouth for some years to...

Jeremy
Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #2698
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
I to am hanging out for more updates from A.T.T-W...
Spent a eve reading through your black K1 fettle on uk gs forum, an wondering if you have posted anything new in any places...
Jeremy

A T T-W

http://www.k100-forum.com/t6604-will-i-never-learn

Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #2699
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Quote:
Oddly the later ones.

Quote:
It's coming along, slowly, still scraping and cleaning.

Been a bit side-tracked by what caused me to do more fettling than riding:

http://my-musings-on-life.blogspot.c...er-bugger.html

Now the fettling is a lot more tiring than it was but I'm still plugging away at it here.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #2700
folknride
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Oddly the later ones.

It's coming along, slowly, still scraping and cleaning.

Been a bit side-tracked by what caused me to do more fettling than riding:

http://my-musings-on-life.blogspot.c...er-bugger.html

Now the fettling is a lot more tiring than it was but I'm still plugging away at it here.
I just read through your blog and wanted to say - I don't know - something. I find your down to earth honesty and great attitude inspiring - thanks for writing this. I don't share your health issues, but certainly share the fact that motorcycles are a bright spot in life - whatever's happening.
I'm lurking on this thread because I want to build a K75 naked bike (still looking for an affordable donor).
Hope it doesn't offend, but you put me in mind of this classic...

folknride is offline   Reply With Quote