duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #617
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post

The Malaysia K1100.
What a great interpretation of style with that paint job. It reminds me of some of the newer BMW bikes. Very Beautiful !!!! I'm starting to appreciate Orange. It may have something to do with my son going to Oregon State next September....HHHHMMMM. Go Beavers . Very nice accent.
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #618
gdspdblkdemperor
Captain Bavaria

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I wonder how those K wheels would hold up under serious DS riding.
Oh, they do just fine.

I had mine out last night. Two up, with luggage, on muddy and rocky singletrack. Talk about exhilarating!

Though after having a rock sever the wire for the oil pressure sending unit for the second time, methinks it's time to fabricate a proper bash plate.
Go Fast: ZenMoto
Trans-Am Cycle Sales
gdspdblkdemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #619
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Italy...Look at the bus

Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #620
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdspdblkdemperor View Post
Oh, they do just fine.

I had mine out last night. Two up, with luggage, on muddy and rocky singletrack. Talk about exhilarating!

Though after having a rock sever the wire for the oil pressure sending unit for the second time, methinks it's time to fabricate a proper bash plate.

There's your plate

Old 06-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #621
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
What a great interpretation of style with that paint job. It reminds me of some of the newer BMW bikes. Very Beautiful !!!! I'm starting to appreciate Orange. It may have something to do with my son going to Oregon State next September....HHHHMMMM. Go Beavers . Very nice accent.
I have no artistic talent but I've always thought that the Boxer Cup Replica is an awesome paint scheme. I wish I had the talent to make it work on a K.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #622
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #623
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #624
Infallible
Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Oddometer: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonreid View Post
Thats a great ad, mine is identical.
Infallible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #625
Makr
I make my own rules

Oddometer: 44
Can I throw in on this tribute thread? Madison looks like a beaut.

This is mine. I think I have had it 14 years. I still love the lines. I dont have the lower spoiler on in this picture.

Makr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #626
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makr View Post
Can I throw in on this tribute thread? Madison looks like a beaut.

This is mine. I think I have had it 14 years. I still love the lines. I dont have the lower spoiler on in this picture.

14 years.....god bless you. Beautiful bike.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #627
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #628
Velocipede
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Shipped my K75s

I bought a 92 K75s in England a couple of years ago to go touring on.It had around 40,000 miles on the clock and had BMW touring bags plus a top box.For less than $2,000 I figured I couldn't go wrong.After almost 10,000 miles and a low speed get off the bike proved to be an absolutely reliable and fuel efficient bargain.
I considered selling it when I was finished riding around Britain but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to buy it so I decided to ship her over here to Canada.I found a shipper who gave me a reasonable deal and it arrives in Toronto July 23rd.
I plan on doing a complete cosmetic clean up and colour change,its purple and I just don't like it.I need to get a lower seat as it is at the moment too high for my 30" inseam.Looking at some of the lovely K bikes in this thread has really helped dispel any lingering doubt I had regarding wether I should ship or not ship.Roll on July 23rd,I just can't wait to get started.

John
Velocipede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #629
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
its purple
Violet Topaz Red.

(I just posted that because that color name cracks me up.)
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #630
madisonreid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
I bought a 92 K75s in England a couple of years ago to go touring on.It had around 40,000 miles on the clock and had BMW touring bags plus a top box.For less than $2,000 I figured I couldn't go wrong.After almost 10,000 miles and a low speed get off the bike proved to be an absolutely reliable and fuel efficient bargain.
I considered selling it when I was finished riding around Britain but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to buy it so I decided to ship her over here to Canada.I found a shipper who gave me a reasonable deal and it arrives in Toronto July 23rd.
I plan on doing a complete cosmetic clean up and colour change,its purple and I just don't like it.I need to get a lower seat as it is at the moment too high for my 30" inseam.Looking at some of the lovely K bikes in this thread has really helped dispel any lingering doubt I had regarding wether I should ship or not ship.Roll on July 23rd,I just can't wait to get started.

John
Thanks for the good Vibe. It's been a pleasure, while I wait for my SpecialK to come to Seattle, to search and find what I feel is fair representation of a glorious yet low key motorcycle. The others who have followed and commented from around the world to this thread have simply validated the notion that while we are all different we share a common bond with this beautiful, once forgotten motorcycle. Everyone has contributed in a thoughtful and well valued way. I have really valued being part of this thread and it's community of K folks. So many of these photos have been nothing less than inspiring as you point out. I have not been in a great rush for my bike. Many of the mods have been inspired by this thread. I sent, for example, photos of the modified chin spoiler to Larry. He thought that a change to the stock spoiler was in order....so we added a couple of weeks to create the change and I have no idea what it looks like. My guess...something special.

Good luck with your K and please add your pics and thoughts to the thread. I'm guessing by mid July my K will be here. We'll keep the show going in the meantime.

madisonreid screwed with this post 06-11-2011 at 11:25 AM