Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #1606
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

Oddometer: 66
we where pretty damn exited today! we found mud in the desert!!!! took the big wheel out got it very dirty, and stuck. was a blast until the xr flatted a tire. its the simple things!

^^^ the honorary member of the metamucil mulisha ( aka. the zopilote) with his flattened tire.

and the Gritos pollo himself.

'86 Bw 200

vroom_vroom screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 07:13 PM
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #1607
DirtHog350
BigWheeler

Oddometer: 18
Came across this today in my travels. Thought of our crazy clan as soon as I seen it :)

As you can see from the pictures it is quite obviously completely custom. From what I could see( without climbing on the thing and trying to ride it) it looks to be completely functional. Multiple chain drive, full disc brakes, and even possibly power steering. Not 100% sure on that part but it would make sense with the Extra parts you can see attached to the forks.

Thought you guys would think is cool as anything like I do.

As for my BW, things are on hold. Probably till next summer anyways. Got a few things to adress over the winter hopefully. Clutch, fork seals, handle bar rises, mud tires. And thats just the top of the wish list lol.

Anyways hope everyone is doing well and riding hard.

BTW, nice pics guys :)

Sent from the AMAZBALLS Galaxy Note 2
Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1608
Florida Mark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
pics of the cleaned up 350

New Tank - $300, Needle and Seat $30, Hotfoot intake boot $119, Petcock $40
Battery $80. The feeling that comes when 30 year old technology combined with redneck ingenuity makes the beast come alive - priceless. I have terrorized the neighbors 2 straight nights, so I am planning to take it to the woods next weekend. Thanks for your input and thanks to Mr. BW and Cliff for providing the pictures that inspired me to get off the couch and finish the project.

Florida Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #1609
vroom_vroom
screaming chicken

Oddometer: 66
thats a big ol' v twin!

'86 Bw 200
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #1610
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Hey Florida Mark, nice work on the 350. Many places to ride down there? Do you have to trailer or ride right from the garage on ward? Here in Newfoundland I can go right from the door to the retired railbed and ride for as long as I want. Gotta love these bikes, very versatile.
DEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #1611
Florida Mark
Adventurer

places to ride in Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAVER View Post
Hey Florida Mark, nice work on the 350. Many places to ride down there? Do you have to trailer or ride right from the garage on ward? Here in Newfoundland I can go right from the door to the retired railbed and ride for as long as I want. Gotta love these bikes, very versatile.
Thanks Deaver, We do have places to ride down here, but I live in a subdivision so I trailer it to a state motorcycle park about 45 minutes away. $75 per year per bike and we get 2600 acres of woods trails and abandoned phosphate pits. Not as exciting as the natural terrain that you and the boys from Alaska post, but it has kept me out of trouble for the last forty years. Going to branch out in the next few years and try some new terrain. Who knows might head up your way if I can get a passport. The bikes are versatile. My sister rode the 200 in her teens when my brother and I had yz490's and my dad had a kick start tt600. Come to think of it, no wonder he had to have a hip replaced last year.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #1612
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 256
Not a Bigwheel, but my new winter toy

Expect lots of Mr. Bigwheel videos of me crashing it this winter.

Cliff h screwed with this post 09-26-2013 at 02:07 PM
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #1613
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 154
Cool, is this homemade?
Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #1614
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Cliff's Big Not Wheel

Cliff,

We must have additional information. That looks to be WR based.

Which brings us to the next question...Why not a big (front) wheel half-track?

Details!
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #1615
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 256
The kit is not home made. It is made my a company called 2 Moto. This is the Radix kit. The bike is a 2006 YZ 450F. Although it would be cool to have this on the Bigwheel, the track uses up large amounts of hp, likely more than the BW would be able to reliably produce. From what I have read, the larger (More hp) the better with these. They say the Snowbike has quirky handling. I am used to odd handling bikes, so I think that I will get used to it in short order.

Cliff.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1616
DirtHog350
BigWheeler

Oddometer: 18
That 450 looks bad ass Cliff. Cant wait to see the videos.

Sent from the AMAZBALLS Galaxy Note 2
Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #1617
dorkpunch
Oops...

Oddometer: 5,115
Very interested in your ride report! I've read that the Radix kits were only so-so compared to the others (particularly the timbersled which I think is built by an inmate here), but it looks to be fairly well done. Keep us posted!

"I've been going to this high school for SEVEN YEARS. I'm no dummy!"
-Charles De Mar.
dorkpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #1618
Florida Mark
Adventurer

oversized footpegs

Just installed a pair of the $20 Steele footpegs from eBay. Anyone riding on them now? Would have added pics but did not want to draw attention away from Cliff's new snow plow. Do you think that thing would work in the Florida sugar sand?lol
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #1619
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
I am, and I can't see why not. Cliff posted way back how he snapped one while standing. Kinda scary though. i'm 215lbs and sometime stand while riding and everytime I do I think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mark View Post
Just installed a pair of the $20 Steele footpegs from eBay. Anyone riding on them now? Would have added pics but did not want to draw attention away from Cliff's new snow plow. Do you think that thing would work in the Florida sugar sand?lol
DEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #1620
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 749
I've had good luck with the ebay footpegs, as long as they were steel. Cliff's potmetal aluminum versions were rather dangerous. He now has very little trust in the ebay pegs. His bikes look wicked cool with the IMS footpegs on them and that makes up for the huge hit that his wallet took. IMS was kind enough to fill the void in his wallet with free stickers though.

I had the misfortune to dump a glass of the Mrs.' wine on my mouse pad. Now I have a severely malfunctioning laptop. And she's pissed at me as well because it was actually wine that didn't come out a box, for a change.

I'm going to try to post an update on T.U.B.B.Y. (The Ultimate Bigwheel Build Yet) if my computer will allow it. That is my long languishing project that has recently seen some forward progress.

Hopefully I will be able to add to the melee here.