Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #1636
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mark View Post
Just installed a pair of the $20 Steele footpegs from eBay. Anyone riding on them now? Would have added pics but did not want to draw attention away from Cliff's new snow plow. Do you think that thing would work in the Florida sugar sand?lol
I also installed a set at the advise of Mr. Bigwheel and love them. E-bay steel direct from Guangzhou...like them a lot..also went with the cheaper tusk bar riser and wish I went 2" instead of 1" , still better though.
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #1637
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Alaskan Mullitia in Lower 48 ?

So Mr. Bigwheel and cohorts..
Are you all coming to Everett to race the Arena next month ?
If your coming I don't want to miss it..

Since this is adventure rider here is a shot of the BW at the Oregon dunes with friend last month and one of a bike never made to move in sand.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #1638
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 256
I will be in Everett. Not racing though. I am support... moral, legal, technical, back. Etc.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #1639
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff h View Post
I will be in Everett. Not racing though. I am support... moral, legal, technical, back. Etc.
If you guy's need an e-z up for the pits or anything , let me know or PM me, I live 15 blocks away..bring ya over a spare webber grill and cooler for your pit's..
Or I can help you root on the boy's...
I will have to buzz over on the plated BW and let you guys run it around town for a gopher bike ?
Is Hollywood and Mr. Trials doing the same races this year??

I think you Mr. Cliff should be running a 350 BW in the event.....
Someone should do it and I only have 200's..
Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #1640
Cliff h
[IMG]http://i219.pho

Oddometer: 256
I think we have our heads covered (ez-up) this year. That is one of my responsibilities. I will keep you on speed dial in case plans unravel. I would like to see that plated BW. BTW, you need that one from New York, it MUST stay in the group! Also it would be much cheaper to ship it to Alaska from Washington rather than NY.
Cliff h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #1641
wingnut racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Well I posted it

This is the extremely rare 1987 (only made in 1987-1988) BW350 that I converted to street legal. It gets looks everywhere I am only selling because I have to move. I've taken this off road (Awesome in the sand see video), and use to to commute from Brooklyn to the Bronx. It will keep up with traffick on the highway. It has a new fuel tank the old one had a crack and rather than repair I replaced it. It's included and can be fixed. Has a new chain and sprocket, manifold (the old one had an airleak) bigger better footpegs, new rear brake pads. Signals, mirrors and brakelights have been added. http://youtu.be/7wQ7GJlPM6g Price is firm. No FREE rides. If you want to ride it come with cash http://bw350nyc.smugmug.com/

$3500
wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #1642
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Nice video, definitely a fair price. Must be a sad day to have to sell such a beauty. Good-luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut racer View Post
This is the extremely rare 1987 (only made in 1987-1988) BW350 that I converted to street legal. It gets looks everywhere I am only selling because I have to move. I've taken this off road (Awesome in the sand see video), and use to to commute from Brooklyn to the Bronx. It will keep up with traffick on the highway. It has a new fuel tank the old one had a crack and rather than repair I replaced it. It's included and can be fixed. Has a new chain and sprocket, manifold (the old one had an airleak) bigger better footpegs, new rear brake pads. Signals, mirrors and brakelights have been added. http://youtu.be/7wQ7GJlPM6g Price is firm. No FREE rides. If you want to ride it come with cash http://bw350nyc.smugmug.com/

$3500
DEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #1643
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff h View Post
I think we have our heads covered (ez-up) this year. That is one of my responsibilities. I will keep you on speed dial in case plans unravel. I would like to see that plated BW. BTW, you need that one from New York, it MUST stay in the group! Also it would be much cheaper to ship it to Alaska from Washington rather than NY.
Cliff, there is a nice looking BW350 on Spokane, Wa. Craigslist for $1750.00....just ship back with racing bikes..
If I could swing it right now id have it..
Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #1644
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Question Possible bike build

For any of you fab. guy's out there with more experience than I have..
It look's like it would be reasonably easy to combine this clean looking tri-z on Craig's locally for a grand and my swing-arm Etc from my parts bike ?
Just a Yammie version of the 250 Hondas with the missile kits ?
This would give me the power I seek with a low seat height comparable to a BW200. Plus all Yamaha parts..
I think it would be a little snorter...
Other question would be the rake of front forks, compared to dirt bikes the angle looks much steeper on all those conversions. Most bikes seem to have the axle in front of the tubes and on these setups they are all behind making the angle steeper yet. Could you turn the forks and disc around 180 in the triples to help that? reconfigure disc?
If I'm nut's just let me know...I've heard it before...

Also did the side cover Mod. as suggested on one of the 200's and came up with this, washes out grit a lot easier.
Before.

After.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #1645
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
You mean like this?

These are 1985 Tri-Z forks fitted using the original BW350 triple clamps bored out to accept the larger diameter of the Tri-Z forks.

BWSwamper screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 06:28 AM
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #1646
-sawyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hey there. I am new to this forum and just picked up a 86' bw200 a week or so ago. I have learned a lot, but I need a little help finding a front chain. any suggestions?
-sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #1647
BWSwamper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
More fun with forks - Tri-Z forks and Clamps on 200

And the standard front-end setup.

BWSwamper screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 10:57 AM
BWSwamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #1648
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWSwamper View Post

And the standard front-end setup.

BWSwamper .. Why did you setup the 2 bikes differently with the Tri-Z fork's ?
350 axle foreword and reverse on 200 ? which do you prefer ? was this due to different rear tire sizes ? I still love that 12" rear rim you adapted.
What size tire is on the 12" rear rim ? God I hate cleaning those 9" rear rim's.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #1649
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 748
I'm back to being computer illiterate with a new mousepad thanks to Applecare.

I've tried the Tri-Z forks turned around with some unsatisfactory results. They ride like the 1986 Tri-Z forks that I'm currently running. At slow speeds they have a strange turn-in characteristic. In ruts and when going though rocks, they deflect a lot. Once you are moving above a crawl, they feel completely normal.

Normal, at least by BigWheel standards.

Sadly, I've had the same thought about converting a Tri-Z to a BigWheel. That is truly sad. We are a sick breed. I think that the odds of the Tri-Z output shaft aligning up with the jackshaft sprocket are about as likely as finding a plug-in replacement for the CDI for any of the BWs. Except for the 80, of course.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #1650
Röhrich
big wheel freak

Oddometer: 153
Are you guys talking about this?

Röhrich is offline   Reply With Quote